Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: i realize it's not a very visible thing :P
    It isn't; or at least unless you have an old image to compare it to.

It just looks like a Health bar and Power bar placed ontop of a shared background.

Loook better at borders - don't they look rounded? I had to use an image, if i can code something today i will post an actual layout.

Maybe the image is too small and such :P
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

and they wonder why wow is such a great game - simply because you can make it look like any other game UI-wise, and still do the same thing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    but i don't want to lose the minipanel on player/target.
    You can still keep it, just use a higher strata on it so it's on top of the other ones

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    You can still keep it, just use a higher strata on it so it's on top of the other ones
    Yes, but the levels start to be compliacted - if i want a connected border i have to keep the same levels; gonna mess with some code as soon as i get home, then post the images.

EDIT: here's an image of how i really would like it to appear (MASTER OF PAINT); colors are just placeholders just to have a better visual.

You see, borders looks rounded at corners. Anyway the problem is in the red less visible rectangle - i don't think that with levels i can keep that border on, the border to merge with the under one has to be at the same level, but still over the HP bar which isn't possible.

EDIT2: what i think will actually happen
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-02-06 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Why don't you generate a pixel perfect border texture instead? Of course your frame had to use the pixel values defined by the image.

Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-02-06 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    and they wonder why wow is such a great game - simply because you can make it look like any other game UI-wise, and still do the same thing!
    I just now quit wow. I never even got to 90, I was just messing around with my UI and was playing the auction house. My two favorite things in the game. I haven't actually played it since wotlk.

UI customization is great.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Why don't you generate a pixel perfect border texture instead? Of course your frame had to use the pixel values defined by the image.
    so make a .tga mask to overlap to the actual bars? Sounds coold - if only i was good with photoshop and such XD anyway i could ask a couple of friends. rounded pixel borders would be also a lot easier to do.

need to do the same for party/raid and other unitframes, but they would be a lot easier to do since there's nothing fancy.

EDIT: obviously all would be easer if anyone offers himself to help me with this work.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-02-06 at 01:13 PM.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-02-06 at 04:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daninkai View Post

Work in progress.
    What are you using for your borders on the actionbars, buffs, timers etc?
    And how did you get them so pixel perfect? Are you using kgpanels for it?
    Or are your base ElvUI?:/

What are you using for your borders on the actionbars, buffs, timers etc?
    And how did you get them so pixel perfect? Are you using kgpanels for it?
    Or are your base ElvUI?:/
    He is using Tukui, he mentioned it earlier. I'm too lazy to find and quote when he said it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    He is using Tukui, he mentioned it earlier. I'm too lazy to find and quote when he said it.
    Ah ok, damn
    Think it's possbile to get it like that without tuk or elv? I really don't like using either of those because if they stop updating or reset the enitre UI like they did a couple of months back im screwed and need to rebuild everything.

Ah ok, damn
    Think it's possbile to get it like that without tuk or elv? I really don't like using either of those because if they stop updating or reset the enitre UI like they did a couple of months back im screwed and need to rebuild everything.
    You can with icon packs. I believe CleanIcons Clean is the one that matches that same look. There is also Masque, but not sure which skin for Masque can match it (maybe Caith).

As for Tukui or ElvUI no longer getting updates, that's probably highly unlikely any time soon with both their huge communities.

As for the reset at the start of MoP with Elv. That was something rare to fix an issue that was happening with profiles. Both only get that kind of total wipe of settings when something major builds up like the profile bugs or there is a huge rewrite in the core code.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Thanks a lot, going to try something with it.

Deleted
    After using ElvUI for quite a while, I decided to create a Blizzard-flavoured UI.

OOC
    Combat
    How paging works(Animated GIF)
    Addons used

Still needs quite a bit of work, I'm afraid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    After using ElvUI for quite a while, I decided to create a Blizzard-flavoured UI.

OOC
    Combat
    How paging works(Animated GIF)
    Addons used

Nice concept, I like the Unit Frames.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Would look much more polished if you put the Cooldown bar on a layer behind the gryphons.

MoveAnything is a great tool.

Ah ok, damn
    You can create an external addon that runs off of TukUI to create your own layouts so the issue of having to absolutely recreate everything from scratch with each update becomes largely irrelevant. It's detailed with example files and everything on the TukUI website. I don't know if you can do the same with ElvUI, but Tukz says it's possible in theory.

WiP

Last edited by Zhinkis; 2013-02-08 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My UI is a simple setup one, ElvUI

But what I am hunting is something more special, would like to ask all you awesome people around here. Do you know a Steampunk or Industrial themed UI? Really wish for a user interface more fitting me. I don't mind ElvUI, it does the job, but missing something to identify myself with. I've tried what I have been able to find, but I think I am a bit too newbie to set it up. I found some packs that needed KGpanels, but I seem to be lesser gifted with that and unable to make it work.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-09 at 07:32 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..