Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I just took the template.xml from my old UI for DBM that puts a pixel border on the bars and gives them a black background. (:
    Any chance you could share that? It looks great

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    I don't think I described it accurately enough the first go around.

Let's say your unit frame is 160 pixels wide and 20 pixels high.

1st. Make one kgpanel as 162 pixels wide & 22 pixels high. Parent it and place it directly behind the unit frame. Color this panel black. It will give you a 1px black border around your unit frame.

2nd. Do the same exact thing with a second kgpanel, except make this one 164x24 and color it whatever color you want your border to be (gray for example).

3rd. Make the last kgpanel as 166x26 and make this one black again.

Just make sure that you have the correct levels for each panel so that the unitframe is farthest to the front and the third panel is farthest to the back.
    Been working on my next UI using this method for borders for a few days now and it's awesome, thanks alot for the tip!
    I do end up with ALOT of panels tho haha
    So far im done with castbar,target castbar,mirror, unitframes (player, pet, target, focus), minimap and i am up at 47 panels already, its going to be around 100 if i decide to go with stuf's raid frames instead of grid and when im done with the chat/skada windows.
    I sure am glad that kgpanels barely eats any memory;p

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    sorry, i mentioned target buffs/debuffs in my post. already have player buffs sorted. thanks though
    Ah right sorry. I miss read that

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    Any chance you could share that? It looks great
    You can download my old UI here. Just go into DBM Core and copy over the DBT-Template.XML into your current DBM Core folder.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    You can download my old UI here. Just go into DBM Core and copy over the DBT-Template.XML into your current DBM Core folder.
    Done and done.
    Thank you kind Sir.

Still have a few adjustments to make. The UI is mainly Stuf, weakauras, bartender and skinner.

http://i.imgur.com/0yZEFON.jpg

Thanks to Kait(I forgot the rest of your name :/) for your Kait auras. I stole 1 or 2 textures to make my orbs huehue. Also the image isn't posted in tags because it's way too fucking big.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    Still have a few adjustments to make. The UI is mainly Stuf, weakauras, bartender and skinner.

http://i.imgur.com/0yZEFON.jpg

Thanks to Kait(I forgot the rest of your name :/) for your Kait auras. I stole 1 or 2 textures to make my orbs huehue. Also the image isn't posted in tags because it's way too fucking big.
    The first thing I thought was "Dam! That looks pretty cool!" Then I saw minimap buttons.. And action bars in the corners (different sizes/padding, amount of buttons and positions).. Seemingly a default Grid..

Anyways, what's the (...) in the middle?

Deleted
    What's done so far, think i should add a shadow to each frame like bOOURNS has?

Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-02-11 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    The first thing I thought was "Dam! That looks pretty cool!" Then I saw minimap buttons.. And action bars in the corners (different sizes/padding, amount of buttons and positions).. Seemingly a default Grid..

Anyways, what's the (...) in the middle?
    Uh, Minimap buttons cba to organize, it's really something REALLY REALLY minor for me lol. Also the action bars just personal preference, I like the way they're "organized" in the corner. Could make the padding/sizing neater but I'll do that at a later date and the only thing that is really out of place there is the stance bar + mount bar. It really just serves as a reference to what is bound to what.

The (...) in the middle means I'm out of combat, when I'm in combat it turns into a VS.

Also a little update. I made it when I'm in combat for a lightning sphere to orbit my health sphere, and when I target an elite a skull floats around the target sphere :>

I love weak auras.

Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    It's sort of a remix of a build Touchy/evn did a while back. I added focus dots on top of the castbar and changed some of the settings that wasn't working for MoP. Also, added a GCD bar to the castbar itself. So all creds to him for the dot/castbar
    Ideas? Tips?

Things to do: Decide wether I want my Health bars to match my Vuhdo, or if I want Vuhdo to match my healthbars.
    Also, find a place for CD trackers.
    Depending on CD trackers you mean for say Hymn etc. or trinket ICD have you thought about either a small actionbar underneath player frame? Small Auras there? NeedToKnow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post

http://i.imgur.com/LihtO4X.jpg
    Except for a shadow at the edge of your screen, shadows are overrated. Tbh it only looks good if you really use great art like Roth.

Deleted
    One of the first interfaces I made. I think that was with DUF.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-11 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    DUF and Nurfed and CT Mod were what got me into UI stuff.

Classics!

I actually really like this! Haha
    I think the borders, textures and colours could be improved (in my eyes) but I like the layout :P
    Was thinking of re-making it with a different style but I hate having 2 chatboxes open so I'd probably make it worse XD

Deleted
    very neat ! mine always tend to be a mess, especially in vanilla.

another of you're older ones ... this one was amazing !

http://i27.tinypic.com/e9su8i.jpg

Deleted

Not 100% done, but i like how it looks like atm.
    Last edited by mmoc9aad74b9e3; 2013-02-12 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Sharper borders make a sharper UI.

The whole point of a border is to graphically make it clear when an element ends.

If the element and its border doesn't create a decent contrast, then you may as well not have the borders.

These may work for your Unit Frames, which are relatively bleak; but they do not work for the very dark bottom panels.
    Last edited by Cowt; 2013-02-13 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post

Not 100% done, but i like how it looks like atm.
    As the above user wrote, sort the borders out and it will look good.
    Now the unitframes looks "washed out".

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I suggest not using any shadowing as well.
    In-fact...I don't even like the use of that particular texture on your health and power bars.
    The actual height of your bars is already so short that any shadowing inside the bar makes it appear even smaller.
    Add to that the overlay of the text, you don't get much visual representation of the bars.
    I would rethink the texture choice and go with something a bit more 1 dimensional.

Side notes: Remove the spacing for the debuff icons so that it mimics the buff auras and remove the shadow on your castbar text

<3
    Ish

I think people need to stop stating their opinion of personal taste as fact. If people want to use a different borders or shadows let them. Just because you prefer a more defined border or different textures doesn't mean it's crap and needs to change, it's their UI and they spent the time to make it, so it's obviously something they like and want it to look that way.

If everyone just did what someone else prefers then no UI would be unique and they all would look the same. I stopped posting because after a while of using people's suggestions things quickly turn into someone else's UI and not something I created and wanted.

Now I do support suggestions of placements and overall consistent look to a UI, but suggesting different textures or borders because your own taste is different is just plain stupid.

Are you trolling right now???

He ASKED people for their opinion...

I didn't tell him WHAT texture to use, I suggested he try a different type of texture in order to make the smaller health bars a bit more prominent.

I gave him a reason for every suggestion I made other than the side notes, and those don't need a reason b/c they are in reference to design consistency.

I don't think you're quite grasping the purpose of this thread.

Tree, sorry in advance for the derailment that is going to ensue.