Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I quite like what I have done with darkened textures.
    Took a long time but I added in a lot that were missing, moved around and added my own flare.
    snip

Please, all advice and help is loved.
    What are using for cast bars and Nameplates?
    Also are the black textures packed somewhere online?

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    What are using for cast bars and Nameplates?
    Also are the black textures packed somewhere online?
    Cast bars are completely default, I just changed what texture the border and middle bit uses.
    Nameplates are an editied version of TidyPlates Quatre I believe.

If you just want a general darkened texture pack the best thing to do is go and
    download: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ITextures.html
    There's a ton of stuff that I added and changed that is to my own personal taste.
    Such as border changes for a lot of default stuff like cast bars and ect.
    As well as some stuff that didn't already exist in that pack.

I feel like the above pack would suit your needs better than using what I have created.

But do you know if it's possible to make my unitframes' text change color depending on what health i'm at?
    They're white like yours, so my thought is.. Can they go like yellow at 50%, orange at 35% and red at 25% ?

Sure. Just write the function that outputs the health percentage text to colorize it. You can do colorized text by formatting it: "|cAARRGGBBblahblahblah|r" where AA, RR, GG, and BB are alpha, red, green, blue values (hex values).

So you'd start by defining some variables to hold your colors: local r,g,b = 0,0,0
    then you'd figure out the units percentage health local perchp = UnitHealth("target") / UnitHealthMax("target")
    and change the colors based on the percentage if pechp >= 0.5 then r,g,b = 0, 255, 0 elsif perhp >= .35 then r,g,b =…
    then return a string with with the colorized text: return String.format("|c%02x%02x%02x%.1f|r", r,g,b,perchp*100)

Maybe before you compare percent health you check the unit's status (offline, disconnected, charmed, etc) and set it accordingly - but the basic idea is the same: make a custom function, figure out the text + RGB values, return a formatted string.

I suspect (but don't know) that stuf has a "color health by percentage" option so that it'll fade from green -> yellow -> red as it drops. If that's good enough then you can skip all the legwork and just use that.
    A new UI series for 5.2Steal my old UILearn about WeakAuras • Nobody to raid with right now so no PVE videos.

Solvexx, your HoPo addon is also just changed textures? Or a different addon?
    I'm a mess of unfinished thoughts

I could do it both ways I believe.
    But since I wanted more customisation like alpha, hiding outside of combat and ect I decided to use
    someone elses addon in conjunction with the textures I made to save myself some time.

It's an addon called MovableHolyPower.
    Maybe I should do it all myself.. Hmm..

I've given it some thought and I would like to attempt making a "Guildwars2" type UI for wow, any suggestions on what i could use for the health orb?

Could I theoretically do it with some awesome Weak Auras?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I've given it some thought and I would like to attempt making a "Guildwars2" type UI for wow, any suggestions on what i could use for the health orb?

Could I theoretically do it with some awesome Weak Auras?
    Take a look in this compilation.
    wowinterface.com/downloads/info20684-ButgerStijlUIGuildWars2.html

Quote Originally Posted by muffz View Post
    Take a look in this compilation.
    wowinterface.com/downloads/info20684-ButgerStijlUIGuildWars2.html
    Awh someone already did it...well that puts a bit of a dampener on it...Wanted a project to work on now my guild has died...

Edit: Anyone know of an addon that can make castbars semi-circle shaped? like (<- that only horizontal
    Edit2: For unitframes Stuf or Shadowed?
    Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic http://i.imgur.com/yoxyY.jpg
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 01:51 AM.

Awh someone already did it...well that puts a bit of a dampener on it...Wanted a project to work on now my guild has died...

Edit: Anyone know of an addon that can make castbars semi-circle shaped? like (<- that only horizontal
    You will need a lot of custom code...

Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic
    Stuf has a semi circle texture which is generally used to configure it as a HUD.

All you need to do is apply this to Stuf's castbar and under castbar options you should be able to rotate it to work horizontally.

You will need a lot of custom code...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    Stuf has a semi circle texture which is generally used to configure it as a HUD.

All you need to do is apply this to Stuf's castbar and under castbar options you should be able to rotate it to work horizontally.
    Got some ideas/addons I can use, gonna start working on it today/tomorrow see what i can come up with

Anyone know a Minimap that I can increase the size of the shown area?

Edit: Using Stuf unitframes, anyone know how to make the full name of the target show, cant seem to figure it out atm
    Edit2:Anyone know how to remove that red border around debuff?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Fixed vague wording

Edit3: Anyone know what font is in the chat in this pic http://i.imgur.com/yoxyY.jpg
    Since I made a GW2 UI myself.. and used the font, it's called: Cronos Pro

UI I built back in wrath, haven't felt the need to change it since.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-21 at 11:11 AM.

Got some ideas/addons I can use, gonna start working on it today/tomorrow see what i can come up with

Anyone know a Minimap that I can increase the size of the shown area?

Edit: Using Stuf unitframes, anyone know how to make the full name of the target show, cant seem to figure it out atm
    Edit2:Anyone know how to remove that red border around debuff?

For the name if you go into the Name area and change its "Width" it makes it show more letters. For the red borders if you go into "Global" and scroll down abit you can see all the debuff colours, and you can change there border colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Since I made a GW2 UI myself.. and used the font, it's called: Cronos Pro
    Thanks, I had been using Doris PP because it looked similar, Do you have any screen shots of your GW ui?

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 02:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    For the name if you go into the Name area and change its "Width" it makes it show more letters. For the red borders if you go into "Global" and scroll down abit you can see all the debuff colours, and you can change there border colour.
    Awesome thanks, it was late last night when I was working on this must have overlooked it.

Is there a way to remove the shadow, in the pic I posted, the red line is now a black shadow after changing the colour, I just want a flat icon

As I'm fairly rubbish at UI's I could use some help with some key parts, for example;

Is it possible for me to make buff and debuff icons the same shape as they are in the GW2 Interface.
    How do I make a weak aura showing my health as text that changes as I gain/lose health?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 02:54 PM.

managed pixelperfection with multisampling - based on FreeUI

Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-21 at 07:55 PM.

managed pixelperfection with multisampling - based on FreeUI

Might want to use Opie (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/opie) to get rid of those stray buttons
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-02-21 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks, I had been using Doris PP because it looked similar, Do you have any screen shots of your GW ui?
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoWS...212_111202.jpg ... I don't have a current screenshot since I made no new after changing it. And now I can't do another one since I made a new UI.

Party/Target Frame

Still trying to get other stuff to work..will post more as I get stuff done

Anyone got a decent easy to configure buff/debuff addon?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-02-21 at 08:28 PM.

Is it a feature in FreeUI to display leader / loot type / role (below chatframe), or is it something else?
    - Nobody.. I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hotdog