Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    imgur doesn't touch the original. You can verify that easily enough by comparing hashes of an image before and after you upload it.

So long as you link to the full-size version and keep the file size under 1mb you'll get back what you send.
    That isn't actually true, IMGur does lower the quality of your image, even if it is under 1mb

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    First. I do not use BPT. Instead I use a the oUF module "EclipseBar" for that. My eclipsebar looks like this:
    http://imgur.com/a/oDaxo

Code: http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour...e/bars.lua#736

I find that very suiting for my needs. But any code I wrote could be adjusted of course.
    Is there any way you could explain how to apply your textures to the add-on I would like to use

I've lurked for some time on here and not log ago a ui caught my eye. Carebares. That said I've been slowly working on it this is what i have so far

Its no where near finished. The problem I'm having right now is i want to use Grid for raid frames, I'm not opposed to using Ouf raid frames for party but i only want the party not the entire raid.

I've never really messed with ouf but it seems very similar to Roth stuff. And I'm sure when 5.2 hits ill need help with it in some way.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-24 at 12:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triji View Post
    I've lurked for some time on here and not log ago a ui caught my eye. Carebares. That said I've been slowly working on it this is what i have so far

i.imgur.com/GU5arBU.jpg

Its no where near finished. The problem I'm having right now is i want to use Grid for raid frames, I'm not opposed to using Ouf raid frames for party but i only want the party not the entire raid.

I've never really messed with ouf but it seems very similar to Roth stuff. And I'm sure when 5.2 hits ill need help with it in some way.
    Looks awesome, I just remembered Carebear's UI as well. Used it in cata and absolutely loved it, great work you're doing! Would love to see a DL soon.

I just ported his ouf settings over, other than that i think ive done everything else. I got rid of Rabs, Rbuffs. all that replaced it with other stuff the combat text is xct a few other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    That isn't actually true, IMGur does lower the quality of your image, even if it is under 1mb
    Well, I posted a screenshot that demonstrated this isn't the case but you can reproduce it yourself:
    • Make a screenshot - I went with ~500kb png file by pressing cmd+shift+4 and drawing a box.
    • generate a cryptographic hash of the file -- I used md5
    • drag/drop that image you created onto the imgur home page and press upload.
    • download the full size image from imgur
    • generate a cryptographic hash of the downloaded image
    • if image 1 hash = image 2 hash then image 1 = image 2.
    Can you provide a workflow as an example so that we can see your claim is true?

Elvui has probably been my favorite out of all i've used.

Deleted
    So, i've decided that i will upload my UI but before i do i need to fix the current class points that are out there (combos, burning embers etc) and i thought i could easily do this with weakauras.
    This is the result so far, what do you guys think? Should i place them somewhere else or use some 3d model instead?
    The way they are now they can't get pixelperfect when using a border in WA, i will have to make 3 different panels for each point in kgpanels to get them pixelperfect and merged together with the actionbars border.
    So this is just a bad "preview", want some feedback before making all them panels

Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-02-24 at 10:13 PM.

If you have access to the background and border textures, nibPointDisplay may work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    So, i've decided that i will upload my UI but before i do i need to fix the current class points that are out there (combos, burning embers etc) and i thought i could easily do this with weakauras.
    This is the result so far, what do you guys think? Should i place them somewhere else or use some 3d model instead?
    The way they are now they can't get pixelperfect when using a border in WA, i will have to make 3 different panels for each point in kgpanels to get them pixelperfect and merged together with the actionbars border.
    So this is just a bad "preview", want some feedback before making all them panels

I like that location for Combo points and what not, cant wait for you to upload so i can have a look at what it plays like ingame :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I like that location for Combo points and what not, cant wait for you to upload so i can have a look at what it plays like ingame :P
    I should be done in a couple of days
    The KGPanels idea so i could merge the class points border to the actionbar just flew out the window since i just noticed you cant anchor/parent anything with a weak aura frame
    Found a way to make them pixel perfect anyway tho, but the border merge isn't doable if i can't parent and anchor a kgpanel to the weakauras:/

Where's Coldkil or Care when you need em eh?
    They might have been able to supply a solution to the kgpanels thing.
    Keep it up however, its looking nice.
    Do you have other action bars on mouseover/hidden?

Deleted
    Yea a 12 button actionbar to the right of the screen thats set to show in combat (see screen) and then there's 2 x 12 buttons hidden at all times.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-25 at 06:52 AM.

Yea a 12 button actionbar to the right of the screen thats set to show in combat (see screen) and then there's 2 x 12 buttons hidden at all times.

Allright, was just curious for the classes that take more than 8 buttons :P
    I Personally need a few spots for stuff like tranq/br/randomcrap, i know all my keybinds so i can hide them
    Also, did you parent the kgpanels to stuff so that it scales to other resolutions?
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-02-25 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedande View Post
    UI I built back in wrath, haven't felt the need to change it since.
    Your UI looks pretty cool, can you tell wich add on you're using for your party frames and map?
    Last edited by rpdrichard; 2013-02-25 at 01:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

What's the coloured (yellow in this case) bar above the Action Bar?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Your UI looks pretty cool, can you tell wich add on you're using for your raid frames and map?
    Can be done using SexyMap and Grid; among other addons.

Deleted
    His energy bar.

I'm here reading posts and looking at images.

Tbh, i used KGPanels for a little while when i used to like textures behind unitframes and i found the same issues of alignement - i ended into hardcoding everything, this way i have direct control on frame sizes and borders.

Static frames are pretty easy, moving ones (like nameplates) require some tinkering. I would like to know what addons Rusk is using for unitframes.

EDIT: just FYI, texts are also a pain, especially if you have 1 or 2 px space in panels/frames. When you drag around the unitframes often the text starts to lose its offset; hence i added to the config the text offsets so everyone can fix texts by themselves, and they can be used as single-char variables in the profile file. Just to say that sometimes only manual adjustments work.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-02-25 at 09:28 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I would like to know what addons Rusk is using for unitframes.
    It's STUF with the HalM texture and kgpanels.

Also, did you parent the kgpanels to stuff so that it scales to other resolutions?
    Yep everything except the actionbar in the middle and the chat + skada windows, will get right on this.
    But as said earlier, i doubt the borders will be pixelperfect when scaled down, you will probably need to unlock each panel and move it to a position where its good then manually drag it in to place and set it to the size it had at the pixel perfect location.

EDIT: Im afraid that you will need to manually resize the chat and skada window, i can parent/anchor the chat window to "chatframe1" but then it wont be visible if you go in to the combat log since that's a different chat frame named "chatframe2" and i don't want twice as many panels for the chat window
    It's however rather easy to resize them and put them in place, i can give you a screenshot with align showing so you know the exact position
    I will PM you an upload to the UI at it's current state just so you can see that everything works with the scaling etc, there is however nothing in the UI atm that tracks balance druids secondary resource.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-02-25 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis569 View Post
    UI I made for my Warlock. Since he is Demo/Destro I wanted a sort of Fire theme hence all the red and orange. Most of my spells are done as macros so I could get a "firey" icon for them :P
    Would you mind linking the UI aswell?