Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #8981
    Herald of the Titans Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    Long time lurker, occasional comment maker, finally poster of own UI. Feedback is most appreciated.


    [URL="http://i48.tinypic.com/23r62gy.jpg"]http://i48.tinypic.com/23r62gy.jpg[ /URL]
    Pretty much KrippUI?

  2. #8982
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    Long time lurker, occasional comment maker, finally poster of own UI. Feedback is most appreciated.
    -snip-
    Check this out! Great guides.
    No Envy, No Fear


  3. #8983
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post

    Why thankyou...

  4. #8984
    Stood in the Fire Xenlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    Long time lurker, occasional comment maker, finally poster of own UI. Feedback is most appreciated.

    Yes it's inspired by a few people including our very own Care. Also Kripparrian and a few others so credit where credit is due.


    http://i48.tinypic.com/23r62gy.jpg
    Nice and clean.

    I bet your Unitframes aren't nearly as buggy as Kripp's were though. You using SUF for 'em?

  5. #8985
    Field Marshal Lulleh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Why do you use the "default" party frames? Just using something similiar to your boss frames would be a lot better.
    Why different fonts? Pixelfonts aren't all at the correct size.
    Using a simple actionbar addon would tidy things up A LOT. Also, do you really need to show keybinds? You generally know where you bind things too. Why show actionbars, and CD's when you have an addon dedicated for cooldowns?
    Things aren't aligned at all.

    I'd say, just tidy some things around, but in that case you could as well go with Carebear's UI, as the core is almost the same, only Care his UI is organized to near perfection.
    I do use Bartender, in fact, the bars you see below the unitframes is actually action bars. The cooldowns ain't actually used, they just came with the updated QuseUI and I choose to keep them there, no good reason.

    I know the fonts / sizes ain't the same, once again, something I've manually set that way. Reason for the action bar in the middle is as a replacement for a CD timer, it's like all in one in a sense. About showing keybinds, no reason not to. Not like the hinder my performance in any way. I've tried different minimalistic, if I may bar skins that would match the other stuff but I didn't like it. I can't say why I like it like this but I do. Same as keeping one weapon sheathed to the back and one on the side. I guess we got different seeings on what perfection is, in a UI. To me, mine is almost perfect. Needs some small fixes, which includes a fix for my roll frame + some other minor stuff.

    It's fun that you mentioned Carebear's UI though. Never seen anyone using close to the same kind of action bar setup as me. Oh, yeah. I SHOULD fix the party frames. Something that bothers me is the default f***ing raid frames though. Reloading UI mid combat or like, leaving raid and making a new one really mess them up. Although I like the way the sort, 1-8. I don't want all in one, so to speak. Nor the way the QuseUI lines them up. Problem is that the current Unitframes is oUF and when I got the new QuseUI they didn't come with party frames, like the old Stuf Unitframes did. And I don't know, nor can be arsed to fix it.

    The core of the UI is QuseUI, the old one from WotLK. Been using it since. As time went by I've had to replace stuff though and now he seems to have abandoned his project. Could go into more detail if someone wonders tho but this will do for now!
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-03-18 at 12:09 AM.

  6. #8986
    Hello. This is my ui I'm using for my Warlock. I'm posting this here because I want for people to see it, and I'm very much looking forward to any comments/feedback or critique on it, because I'm striving to improve every tiny detail on it every day, as it is an ongoing process. I'm also in the need for help from the community on aesthetic problems. I'll elaborate.

    (for some reason if you click on the link it takes you on the thumbnails, so you could just copy the image link and paste it into a new tab, that'll work)


    (This is my UI in combat)


    (This is my UI while casting something and having a pet summoned)

    The current problems I'm having with this UI are:

    a) the pet frame which is directly to the left of my unitframe (the centered unitframe) seems to be in a weird spot in regards to the casting bar's icon. I very much like the icon design going on, so I'm in need of ideas on how to fix the pet position, and how to do the pet frame better in general, seems very plain currently.

    b) I'm looking for a nameplate addon similar to headline, since that's not been updated. I've tried to use many but couldn't make it work. Closed one was Coldkil Plates which needed a part of his oUF ui to work and I didn't have the time to dig into .lua and see if it is easy pulling it apart. (possible platebuffs integration or, something like buffs showing above the nameplate)

    c) some way to get the bugsack icon to roll into the minimap and not outside of it.

    d) a kg-panels-esque addon for a bottom line which seems missing (the space is there for it) at the bottom. I used to have LitePanels but I'm not too keen on using a mod that has been outdated for so long

    e) an addon that minimizes, not fades the chatbox. There was an addon that could do this back in the day, but its name really eludes me.

    That's all for now, I would really welcome and value and feedback and help on my questions. I'll try to get a raid screenshot soon for anyone interested.

  7. #8987
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressil View Post
    Hello. This is my ui I'm using for my Warlock. I'm posting this here because I want for people to see it, and I'm very much looking forward to any comments/feedback or critique on it, because I'm striving to improve every tiny detail on it every day, as it is an ongoing process. I'm also in the need for help from the community on aesthetic problems. I'll elaborate.

    (for some reason if you click on the link it takes you on the thumbnails, so you could just copy the image link and paste it into a new tab, that'll work)

    http://bildr.no/image/1417811.jpeg
    (This is my UI in combat)

    http://bildr.no/image/1417814.jpeg
    (This is my UI while casting something and having a pet summoned)

    The current problems I'm having with this UI are:

    a) the pet frame which is directly to the left of my unitframe (the centered unitframe) seems to be in a weird spot in regards to the casting bar's icon. I very much like the icon design going on, so I'm in need of ideas on how to fix the pet position, and how to do the pet frame better in general, seems very plain currently.

    b) I'm looking for a nameplate addon similar to headline, since that's not been updated. I've tried to use many but couldn't make it work. Closed one was Coldkil Plates which needed a part of his oUF ui to work and I didn't have the time to dig into .lua and see if it is easy pulling it apart. (possible platebuffs integration or, something like buffs showing above the nameplate)

    c) some way to get the bugsack icon to roll into the minimap and not outside of it.

    d) a kg-panels-esque addon for a bottom line which seems missing (the space is there for it) at the bottom. I used to have LitePanels but I'm not too keen on using a mod that has been outdated for so long

    e) an addon that minimizes, not fades the chatbox. There was an addon that could do this back in the day, but its name really eludes me.

    That's all for now, I would really welcome and value and feedback and help on my questions. I'll try to get a raid screenshot soon for anyone interested.
    Ooo I like this. Fairly similar to my UI regarding the layout and theme.

    A) I know you said you like the the whole 'icon thing' going on but I think it'd look better without the icon there, and it would save having to move the pet unitframe. You should know which spells you're using without having to see an icon Having said that, you could do a similar thing to what I have done: http://screencast.com/t/jlqVhFDVvqP (the pet bar is the shorter, thinner bar underneath)

    B) KuiNameplates is what I used to use. Very nice AddOn.

    C) Why do you need the icon showing? (I've never used bugsack so I don't really know how it works but I'd assume there is a / command that you can use instead?)

    D) Why not use KgPanels? You could always use Titanpanel or something :P
    ElvUI with the pixel perfect skin comes with a bottom panel which you can turn on and off.
    Without: http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_031813_13c0u0s.jpg
    With: http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_031813_13zcupa.jpg

    E) No idea, sorry.

    I noticed that your chat is very squashed together. If you want to fiddle around with your chat AddOn then here is something to help you space it out a bit
    for i = 1, NUM_CHAT_WINDOWS do
    local cf = _G[("ChatFrame%d"):format(i)]
    cf:SetFont("Fonts\\hooge.ttf", 8, "MONOCHROME OUTLINE")
    cf:SetSpacing(3)
    cf:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)
    end
    The name of the font will most likely be different so you'll need to change that :P

    And finally, you should add a border to your damage meter
    Last edited by Pixil; 2013-03-21 at 12:53 AM.

  8. #8988
    Field Marshal be3f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressil View Post
    e) an addon that minimizes, not fades the chatbox. There was an addon that could do this back in the day, but its name really eludes me.
    Haven't used it myself and I don't know if it still works: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...chai.html#info
    - Nobody.. I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hotdog

  9. #8989
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressil View Post
    c) some way to get the bugsack icon to roll into the minimap and not outside of it.
    Maybe use a broker-bar, like DockingStation?

  10. #8990
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Nice and clean.

    I bet your Unitframes aren't nearly as buggy as Kripp's were though. You using SUF for 'em?
    Indeed it is SUF. I was a longtime user of STUF and oUF which to be honest I got frustrated with all the options (odd thing to say I know!). SUF has always been extremely stable for me and combines all the little bits and pieces I need into an easy to adjust addon. Pixel perfect options would be nice though so I could get everything EXACTLY right...

  11. #8991
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    Indeed it is SUF. I was a longtime user of STUF and oUF which to be honest I got frustrated with all the options (odd thing to say I know!). SUF has always been extremely stable for me and combines all the little bits and pieces I need into an easy to adjust addon. Pixel perfect options would be nice though so I could get everything EXACTLY right...
    there's that addon that makes a grid that you might be able to use for that "picture perfect" alignment-but I forgot its name ... also Think I could get a copy of your SUF folders (the wtf ones, I can get the addon from wowinterface or curse)

  12. #8992
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Redding,Ca
    Posts
    402
    There's an addon called Align that makes a simple grid on the screen. I've been using it for a while now.

    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...153-Align.html
    Last edited by Fedexkilla; 2013-03-18 at 09:17 PM.

  13. #8993
    Idle: i.imgur.com/1THHX6q.jpg
    Actionbars showing: i.imgur.com/LPops9B.jpg

    UI: wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=16068#info

    No combat picture, I'm leveling arch and the mobs are level 50.

  14. #8994
    Quote Originally Posted by sashjke View Post
    .youtube.com/watch?v=39ZxWM2njTg

    My interface, dated december 2012, based mostly on Touchymcfeel ideas. Now still working hard on improvements.
    Did anyone know which addons are in use here? Sashjke could u upload your Interface an WTF folder?

    Thanks

  15. #8995
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post
    There's an addon called Align that makes a simple grid on the screen. I've been using it for a while now.

    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...153-Align.html
    I've been using that for a while now. Great little addon. The problem is more with SUF not being 100% pixel accurate, so there's a lot of fiddling to get the frames sized exactly against one another (the raid frames and the player frame being the same width for example).

    Ichy, I can indeed sort that out for you. Drop me a PM to remind me (busy man at the minute... )

  16. #8996
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    I've been using that for a while now. Great little addon. The problem is more with SUF not being 100% pixel accurate, so there's a lot of fiddling to get the frames sized exactly against one another (the raid frames and the player frame being the same width for example).

    Ichy, I can indeed sort that out for you. Drop me a PM to remind me (busy man at the minute... )
    PM sent

    5chars

  17. #8997
    Bars at the top because I don't know my own keybinds well enough, also inspired by Kait's Eclipse UI. Recreated the shit in the middle.

    http://i.imgur.com/2PIc8CA.jpg

  18. #8998
    Pandaren Monk Fred Rupprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States & Germany
    Posts
    1,913
    Ended up resubbing this patch. Completely resinstalled WoW. So I had to remake my whole UI. What a dreadful process... Anyway, here's what we're looking at at this time.

    Click image for original size

    I really need to download WeakAuras again and remake all of those at some point... That'll be fun....

    EDIT:Stupid me. Forgot to add a combat screenshot...
    Last edited by Fred Rupprecht; 2013-03-20 at 03:55 AM.

  19. #8999
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    Bars at the top because I don't know my own keybinds well enough, also inspired by Kait's Eclipse UI. Recreated the shit in the middle.

    http://i.imgur.com/2PIc8CA.jpg
    Cool UI man. Nice and clean. Not often I see UIs with the abilities at the top of the screen. :P
    Just a few things though...
    You say you don't know your bindings well enough and that is why you have your bars at the top... But you can't really see the binding text anyway - it gets cut off D:
    What is the white box in the middle, below your portrait? Sticks out like a sore thumb and takes up a fair bit of room :\
    And finally, what is stopping you from putting your skada inside the panel beneath it? (Opposite side of the screen to your chatbox) Is there something else which appears there? Also you should remove the icons from skada 'cause it looks crap hehe.

  20. #9000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Y U NO C&C MY UI?
    Seriously I was looking forward to one of your pictures with the red markers :P

    Raid Combat
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-03-20 at 04:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •