Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Long time, no see.
    Wow, I really like that. The integration of unit/pet bars centrally on the screen but 'under' rather than to the side clears up a lot of room for all the other raid/boss stuff - but keeps them visible rather than at the bottom/upper corners. I seem to be struggling lately on my own hunter with the pet bar in particular - I can't seem to place it where it is as easy to track as my own health. This might be a solution and I wouldn't mind trying to emulate it.

Would you mind listing all your 'central' addons (unitframes, JSHB?, WeakAuras?). If they _are_ weakauras, exports would be even better, but that's more out a laziness on my part.

EDIT: To partially answer my own question, it appears this uses a slightly modified oUF_Mlight (power bar hidden on player/pet), JSHB, and probably Quartz for the castbar. I was able to emulate a small chunk of this pretty rapidly. oUF_Mlight is great - it has working fade support out of the box, which many oUF layouts lack. I'm very very happy so far.
    Last edited by Daagar; 2013-03-23 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Edit: Anyone know how to make the name text on my unitframes show like "R.T Dummy" instead of "Raiders Test Dummy"?
    If you are using stuf select "use custom lua" and paste this in there ->

Code:
    function(unit)
        local name = UnitName(unit) or unit
        name = name:gsub('(%S+) ',function(t) return t:sub(1,1)..'.' end)
        return name
    end

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    If you are using stuf select "use custom lua" and paste this in there ->

Code:
    function(unit)
        return name
    end
    Using ElvUI as a base, there is a "Custom texts" box for the unitframe config, will past that code in and see what happens. TY

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Code:
    function(unit)
        return name
    end
    And if you use PitBull:
    Code:
    local abbr = Name(unit)
    if abbr:len() > 20 and abbr:find(" ") then
      abbr = abbr:gsub("([^ ]+) +",
        function(text)
            return text:sub(1,1) .. ". "
        end)
    end
    return "%s", abbr;

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about oUF? (;

I did have something similar in an oUF layout a while back but never took it from that layout into my new one. It was very handy though I do admit!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post

Dangerously cluttered in the lower middle of the screen (may not see something coming). Pet healing scrolling text may be unnecessary (will free up space on the screen if taken out).
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    remove aspect Bar
    remove rep. Bar
    remove xCT
    hide minimap addon buttons
    change font
    scale down buffs/hide unimportant stuff e.g aspect,dark intent....
    scale down raid frames ( do you really need to see resources? )
    hide error text
    scale down ICD Timer
    remove the bar in the middle
    hide/move objectives
    change chat window to something fitting

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Wow, I really like that. The integration of unit/pet bars centrally on the screen but 'under' rather than to the side clears up a lot of room for all the other raid/boss stuff - but keeps them visible rather than at the bottom/upper corners. I seem to be struggling lately on my own hunter with the pet bar in particular - I can't seem to place it where it is as easy to track as my own health. This might be a solution and I wouldn't mind trying to emulate it.

Would you mind listing all your 'central' addons (unitframes, JSHB?, WeakAuras?). If they _are_ weakauras, exports would be even better, but that's more out a laziness on my part.

EDIT: To partially answer my own question, it appears this uses a slightly modified oUF_Mlight (power bar hidden on player/pet), JSHB, and probably Quartz for the castbar. I was able to emulate a small chunk of this pretty rapidly. oUF_Mlight is great - it has working fade support out of the box, which many oUF layouts lack. I'm very very happy so far.
    Thanks, thanks. Here's that list.

Unit frames + cast bars: oUF Skaarj
    Boss Timers: DBM + !dbm
    All the icons with buffs/debuffs in the central area + focus bar: JSHB

I love the simplicity of JSHB but the icon borders mess up on even (2,4,6..) numbers of icons when growing from a center point. And the unit frame text colors are kinda.. and the background color.. I can't really find anything that works.

Is there a way to skin the "/range X" radar?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalicqt View Post
    Bottom right looks really cluttered.

I'd hide the bag bar, the menu bar, and make the other bar with your mount etc only visible when you mouse over it.

First things that come to mind:

1. You are a hunter, and your role is DPS in the raid, you don't to decurse (afaik ), or have to combat rez someone either, so my first suggestion is: Really make your grid/raid frames smaller. They take up a lot of that screen space over there.
    2. If you want to have a semi transparent background on your chatframe, I would also suggest adding a black border to it. That way it will go more in line with the rest of your UI and look nicer.
    3. Hide that minimap button unless really needed.
    4. That thing in the middle, is that your focus bar? If so, I'd suggest keeping the '63' and hiding the 63%, because, do you really need to know the percent of a resource that caps at 100 already?
    5. Consider merging healing and damage taken, and moving them to where damage taken is now and try to align them to the left part of your unit frame. Also, align the damage done part more to the right of your unitframe. That way, things that happen to you are above YOUR unitframe, and things that you do to the enemy are above their unitframe.
    6. Is that thing under your unitframe your focus? Do you need it showing twice? Maybe add a condition, or something, for it to appear only when out of combat under your unitframe, and when you enter combat it disappears, and vice versa on the centered focus frame.
    7. Consider making your buff frames smaller. You don't really need that much space for them. Leave the debuff us is, it's nice and you need to have a strong indication when you have a debuff on you.
    8. I would remove the centered MSBT norification text (Rallying Cry, Agile, etc.) as it clutters more than helps.
    9. Consider using an addon like SimplePowerBar for the petrification progress bar, and other progress bars on raids like it. It really is nice and very customizable.
    10. Consider using nibWatchFrameAdv. It's a quest tracker modification addon. That way you can have your pixel fonts there too. On that same note, try to change the hour text on the minimap to pixel too. And your cooldown text.
    11. Is that the dps addon above the minimap? You could try and move it to the top left, and see how you like it. Even distribution may look nicer.

That was all, it's all up to you. Of course any advice offered is subjective. Enjoy.

Amazing critics over here.
    I made a couple of changes on my UI.

Sorry could anyone tell me how do resize your image when you post it as a link.

I realized that i do not even need bars so made some changes on my UI. Default + Bind Pad + MoveAnything + Weak Auras + MSBT

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-03-24 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    Idle

Raid shot

Combat shot
    This is an exceptional UI, chance of list?

Deleted
    Still working on it:

s14.directupload.net/file/d/3204/bombxyu2_jpg.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    The bars on the target dummies. Which addon is that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmoos View Post
    Amazing critics over here.
    I made a couple of changes on my UI.

Sorry could anyone tell me how do resize your image when you post it as a link.

I realized that i do not even need bars so made some changes on my UI. Default + Bind Pad + MoveAnything + Weak Auras + MSBT

I really don't think there is any reason why your dps meter should be that width. If it's for consistency with your chat frame, don't bother. Having your combat log thing so far to the right isn't useful either, as I bet you won't be looking at it in a fight because of it's position.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khisanth View Post
    Still working on it:

s14.directupload.net/file/d/3204/bombxyu2_jpg.htm
    Now this, this is something interesting. Imo a bit to cluttered at the actionbars, but pretty damn interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressil View Post
    First things that come to mind:

1. You are a hunter, and your role is DPS in the raid, you don't to decurse (afaik ), or have to combat rez someone either, so my first suggestion is: Really make your grid/raid frames smaller. They take up a lot of that screen space over there.
    2. If you want to have a semi transparent background on your chatframe, I would also suggest adding a black border to it. That way it will go more in line with the rest of your UI and look nicer.
    3. Hide that minimap button unless really needed.
    4. That thing in the middle, is that your focus bar? If so, I'd suggest keeping the '63' and hiding the 63%, because, do you really need to know the percent of a resource that caps at 100 already?
    5. Consider merging healing and damage taken, and moving them to where damage taken is now and try to align them to the left part of your unit frame. Also, align the damage done part more to the right of your unitframe. That way, things that happen to you are above YOUR unitframe, and things that you do to the enemy are above their unitframe.
    6. Is that thing under your unitframe your focus? Do you need it showing twice? Maybe add a condition, or something, for it to appear only when out of combat under your unitframe, and when you enter combat it disappears, and vice versa on the centered focus frame.
    7. Consider making your buff frames smaller. You don't really need that much space for them. Leave the debuff us is, it's nice and you need to have a strong indication when you have a debuff on you.
    8. I would remove the centered MSBT norification text (Rallying Cry, Agile, etc.) as it clutters more than helps.
    9. Consider using an addon like SimplePowerBar for the petrification progress bar, and other progress bars on raids like it. It really is nice and very customizable.
    10. Consider using nibWatchFrameAdv. It's a quest tracker modification addon. That way you can have your pixel fonts there too. On that same note, try to change the hour text on the minimap to pixel too. And your cooldown text.
    11. Is that the dps addon above the minimap? You could try and move it to the top left, and see how you like it. Even distribution may look nicer.

That was all, it's all up to you. Of course any advice offered is subjective. Enjoy.

Thanks for the critique, some of the things you mentioned is stuff I prefer, such as the number indication on how much focus I have left (It is pretty much the only part of hunter dps, so keeping a good track of it is kinda important, too me :P), I will work a bit with a few of the other suggestions, thanks

[E] How do I change the font using nibWatchFrameAdv?
    Last edited by mmoc2b9514a7e1; 2013-03-24 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do I change the font using nibWatchFrameAdv?
    At line 116 and 118 in Core.lua you should see:

Code:
    line.text:SetFont(GameFontNormalSmall:GetFont(), Opts.font.size, Flag)

line.dash:SetFont(GameFontNormalSmall:GetFont(), Opts.font.size, Flag)

From here insert path to your font, size and flag, example:

Code:
    line.text:SetFont("Interface\\Addons\\SharedMedia\\MyMedia files\\font.ttf", 12, "OUTLINEMONOCHROME")
    - be3f

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffguss View Post
    This is an exceptional UI, chance of list?
    Bartender4
    Chatter
    DocsDebugRunes
    ExtraCD
    Gnosis
    Grid2
    KGPanels
    Kui_Nameplates
    LeatrixPlus
    Masque_CleanIcons(/w Clean Icons: Thin package)
    Raven
    Recount
    Stuf
    TipTac
    tullaCC
    Wanderlust
    WeakAuras

There is some extra addons I use for QoL stuff, but if you want the aesthetic that's the addons that I use.