Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted

Still a work in progress.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-03-27 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    snip
    Very nice indeed, I would only make the backround for recount transparent, to match the chat. Your dbm bars aswell at the bottom, perhaps make them more central but thats just my preference.

Very nice and tidy though.

Deleted
    What addon is this?

I think it is the same addon I saw on a Blood Legion monk healing. Are the icons static or do they switch position aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    What addon is this?

I think it is the same addon I saw on a Blood Legion monk healing. Are the icons static or do they switch position aswell?
    Probably weakauras. That is what affinity from BL uses.

Deleted
    What addon is this?

Those are all weakauras.

The coloured icon is active time remaining, once that disappears it becomes a grayed out icon with cooldown timer on it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    Very nice indeed, I would only make the backround for recount transparent, to match the chat. Your dbm bars aswell at the bottom, perhaps make them more central but thats just my preference.

Very nice and tidy though.
    Regarding the DBM bars, the timers are actually centered in terms of X axis positioning, just might not look it because they're counting down. Unless you mean centered to the screen?

15+ Year Old Account
    Those bars can also be created with Raven instead of weak auras!
    Last edited by Odina; 2013-03-27 at 02:53 PM. Reason: shoud have stated they could be created from raven

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I like it, but out of curiosity, how much memory does all those weakauras eat in a raid?
    Memory usage is a useless measure when it comes to the performance of an addon.
    When the usage is fairly static then it matters little if it is kilobytes or 10's of megabytes.
    CPU usage is the primary cause of poor performance.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trying again to get something I like and is usable during heroic progression =/. Any ideas of what I could make better?

I would really like to write something for elvui that would hide the right chat frame when I zone into a raid or something and stick the raid frames down there.

The weakauras are all in dynamic groups, so they're going to show like that, it's like max of 3 icons in a row for boss debuffs, etc. I just have it set to grow that way to make aligning them easier.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-03-27 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Yeah sorry should of specified, central to the screen, I like mine just to appear above my character but again that's my preference.

Do you have this UI uploaded somewhere? Currently looking for a nice minimalistic UI and I'd love to give yours a whirl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    Yeah sorry should of specified, central to the screen, I like mine just to appear above my character but again that's my preference.

Do you have this UI uploaded somewhere? Currently looking for a nice minimalistic UI and I'd love to give yours a whirl.
    I'll play around with positioning tonight and see what fits.

As for the upload, I don't have it uploaded anywhere atm. It's something I'm considering once I'm happy with tweaking it a little more :P

Still welcoming more criticism!

There i something about the Pixel font...that I'm not sure I like. I like it on the DBM timers but not the Battle Text. I think copying the font you have in your chat and using that for your combat text would be nice looking.

As far as the minimalistic look goes...I like the overall layout. I'm personally not a huge fan of unit frames being right next to each other as far as Player/Target ...but thats easily adjustable to individual likes.

Still can't get over the awesomeness that is your Weak Auras. I just need that for PvP Arms. bam. done.

I would suggest using an addon to skin your action bar buttons and buff/debuff buttons to be a bit more crisp and clean like the Weak Auras buttons.

Masque has ton of different styles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Memory usage is a useless measure when it comes to the performance of an addon.
    When the usage is fairly static then it matters little if it is kilobytes or 10's of megabytes.
    CPU usage is the primary cause of poor performance.
    I know, i was just curious
    Btw, do you or anyone else know a way to track the cpu usage of addons?

For CPU usage I use AddonProfiler. Allows you to set a duration during which the CPU usage of your addons are calculated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzsphex View Post
    There i something about the Pixel font...that I'm not sure I like. I like it on the DBM timers but not the Battle Text. I think copying the font you have in your chat and using that for your combat text would be nice looking.

As far as the minimalistic look goes...I like the overall layout. I'm personally not a huge fan of unit frames being right next to each other as far as Player/Target ...but thats easily adjustable to individual likes.

Still can't get over the awesomeness that is your Weak Auras. I just need that for PvP Arms. bam. done.

I would suggest using an addon to skin your action bar buttons and buff/debuff buttons to be a bit more crisp and clean like the Weak Auras buttons.

Masque has ton of different styles.
    I've only set up taste for blood charges, shockwave CD for Arms so far.

In regards to the skinning, ELVui is skinning most things for me atm, unless I manually change it.

Deleted
    Roth UI while raiding:
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-03-28 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Decided to update my UI and make it a bit more clean version, style is still the same as the old one.

- Chatter
    - Docs DebugRunes
    - Dominos
    - MSBT
    - OmniCC
    - Quartz
    - Sexymap
    - Shadowed Unit Frames
    - Skada

Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Decided to update my UI and make it a bit more clean version, style is still the same as the old one.

- Chatter
    - Docs DebugRunes
    - Dominos
    - MSBT
    - OmniCC
    - Quartz
    - Sexymap
    - Shadowed Unit Frames
    - Skada

Nice and tidy, microbar sticks out for me tho, just seems like you dumped it in the corner and forgot about it
    Unitframes are not my cup of tea but they fit well.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!!!

Idle

Weak Auras

Combat

Plans:

Find a better GCD addon to replace quartz.
    Remove the rage bar on my unit frame once I am comfortable with the rage WA.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-03-28 at 04:12 PM.

Roth UI while raiding:
    You should consider creating a boss mod diablo skin.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Roth UI while raiding:
    Did you disable power bars on the raid frames but leave the texture unchanged?