Thread: Post Your UI

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    It also doesn't help that I am never ever happy with my UI >.>, constantly moving and changing things, pixel font being awkward has screwed me a couple of times so I want to change it.
    Currently trying to get rFilter to work but being a massive NAB with LUA its not going very well, so as my edit to my previous post requested, any chance of a pastebin of your rFilter settings that I can ninja to put into my UI
    I deleted all the warrior settings in the charspecfic.lua (I find it easier to have it class based instead of name based)

In the config.lua I edited the current code to this: this should show the same icons that I have you'll just need to move them with /rfilter unlock. Hopefully zork doesn't mind me sharing!

To get the colossus smash effect to work, with the cooldown and debuff showing on the same spot without overlapping you need to set the frame strata to low for the cooldown timer and have a higher strata for the debuff effect. That way the debuff effect will always appear over the cooldown and then disappear making the cooldown visible once the debuff has wore off.

http://pastebin.com/3rU8bQpb

if you get stuck send me a PM and I will give you my real-ID or Skype to give you a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzsphex View Post
    Care - I want/need this UI in my life. I want to have its babies. You will win the internet if you provide a download/link. <3
    Responded to your PM (:
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-03-29 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    <Snip>
    Your font is Expressway Reg yes?
    Trying (and failing) to find a nice non pixel font..
    What addon are you using for your buff/debuff frames, because ElvUI is about to get binned.
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-03-29 at 03:53 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Your font is Expressway Reg yes?
    Trying (and failing) to find a nice non pixel font..
    What addon are you using for your buff/debuff frames, because ElvUI is about to get binned.
    I use Expressway Free (sorry forgot to say in previous post)

and the buff/debuff frames are all part of the oUF layout.

I use Expressway Free (sorry forgot to say in previous post)

and the buff/debuff frames are all part of the oUF layout.
    Gonna make a "backup" copy of my wow folder and have a bash at making a new ui over the weekend I think..deffo gonna be taking inspiration from your UI :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a quick question for all you custom UI designers out there.

I've been using ElvUI just so I can have skinned windows/interface frames. Is there another addon I can use that can do this without having to resort to using ElvUI and disabling every aspect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    I have a quick question for all you custom UI designers out there.

I've been using ElvUI just so I can have skinned windows/interface frames. Is there another addon I can use that can do this without having to resort to using ElvUI and disabling every aspect?
    Aurora is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Aurora is my favorite.
    ^ This addon is AWESOME.
    Started using it a while back to skin the blizz frames before i moved to Elv

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    Aurora is my favorite.
    Thanks so much. I figured there had to be another alternative rather than using ElvUI just for skinned windows.

Deleted
    http://hostingd.imagecross.com/image...913_175255.jpg

So I decided to make myself a new UI from scratch and this is the result. There is still much room for improvements, so any comments are welcome. (Raid frames are above action bars)

Funny thing is that I ran dungeon afterwards and had like no idea what's going on around me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninelol View Post

So I decided to make myself a new UI from scratch and this is the result. There is still much room for improvements, so any comments are welcome. (Raid frames are above action bars)

Funny thing is that I ran dungeon afterwards and had like no idea what's going on around me
    Very nice, just a few issues.

1) You have 2 sets of buffs (top right and underneath player frame) Is this really needed? I would remove the buffs under your player frame and reduce the size of the top right ones to fit in with the whole minimal look.
    2) Do you really need to have your bag icon showing?
    3) I'm assuming the extra scrolling damage text is just for crits? If not, again not needed.
    4) Maybe make your chat box abit more transparent to match up with the damage meter look.
    5) Your incarnation buff, make it central rather off abit to the left.

Other than that I love your UI how it is, especially the action bars at the bottom.

Oh one more thing, get a new map addon, I myself don't know any minimalistic type maps but surely someone could help you with that.

Deleted
    Thanks for comments, appreciated. I agree with everything but Incarnation, there is a Berserk WeakAura next to it (made a typo in config so it didn't show up).

I do not know any other map addon than Sexymap and that's not really my cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by Nemki View Post
    My Sexi UI.
    img14.imageshack. us/img14/6472/wowscrnshot040710001315.jpg
    I'm really liking this UI, is that a grid that has everything together (package) with the minimap in the middle and junk? what addon is it?

Deleted
    SpartanUI, terrible choice if you ask me.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piroshiki View Post
    I'm really liking this UI, is that a grid that has everything together (package) with the minimap in the middle and junk? what addon is it?
    It's spartan UI, that post is nearly 2 years old though so I don't know if it still works.

It's spartan UI, that post is nearly 2 years old though so I don't know if it still works.
    Ah thanks, go figure. I started with a few of the first posts and jumped around looking, but I couldn't find anything similar.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-03-30 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninelol View Post

ooh nice UI! I really like that font, mind if I ask what it is called?
    also, are you using pitbull for the unit frames?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Emery posted their UI in the Warlock UI thread a few days ago and I fell in love with the setup so I decided to recreate it. It's made specifically for my Shadow Priest, so if anyone else is a Shadow Priest, you'll be able to install the UI and use it without making any changes to it as long as you are using 1920x1080. If you're a Warlock, or any other class really, you'll have to add some Weak Aura strings in yourself and make a few changes. Below are a few screenshots of the UI both in a raiding atmosphere and not in combat. You can also find the link to download the UI if you're interested.

Raid 01: http://tinyurl.com/cksyy7z
    Raid 02: http://tinyurl.com/cmlxpbs
    Raid 03: http://tinyurl.com/cr5etxw

Out of Combat 01: http://tinyurl.com/cku72b5
    Out of Combat 02: http://tinyurl.com/cvpa7ke

You can probably find all you need to know at the wowinterface page located here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...5-LyserUI.html

But if anyone has any questions about a specific aspect, let me know and I'll get back to you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bstap04 View Post
    ooh nice UI! I really like that font, mind if I ask what it is called?
    also, are you using pitbull for the unit frames?
    The font is called "Hedge", it comes with a XCT addon and the unit frames are indeed Pitbull.

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Well, Emery posted their UI in the Warlock UI thread a few days ago and I fell in love with the setup so I decided to recreate it. It's made specifically for my Shadow Priest, so if anyone else is a Shadow Priest, you'll be able to install the UI and use it without making any changes to it as long as you are using 1920x1080. If you're a Warlock, or any other class really, you'll have to add some Weak Aura strings in yourself and make a few changes. Below are a few screenshots of the UI both in a raiding atmosphere and not in combat. You can also find the link to download the UI if you're interested.
    Love that font. I use Expressway Free everywhere, and this is the first font I've seen that makes me think I can spruce some things up. Not sure I could do the unit frames that way you have them, but is certainly an interesting idea.