Thread: Post Your UI

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Out of combat:

In combat:

Raid enviroment:

Here is a test i did in LFR to find any spots of improvement

I really like to have my screen as empty as possible so i try to have all the info i need using less addons. In the process i deleted most of the addons i used to have and ended with ElvUI, Skada, Vuhdo, Bigwigs and MSBT. Power Auras Classic to track Healing rain and Healing Stream Totem as Resto and Elemental Blast/Shocks as Elemental. Needtoknow was used for Flame Shock duration and Purify Spirit cooldown but i deleted that too replacing it with auras. Any criticism is more than welcome
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-03-30 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Love that font. I use Expressway Free everywhere, and this is the first font I've seen that makes me think I can spruce some things up. Not sure I could do the unit frames that way you have them, but is certainly an interesting idea.
    Yeah the unit frames are definitely unique, but after adjusting to them, it's rather nice. The blue dots on top of the player frame disappear as my HP goes down too, so that helps to see if I need to pop a defensive CD or something.

awesome, ty!

edit: This was in response to Ninelol

Deleted
    Hey guys,

So I decided I want to go back to a more 'default' looking UI, I just think that the addons I used were only superficial and didn't really make me play better. And since my PC doesn't have that good of a CPU / hardrive / graphics card I decided it would be best to have a more clean, UI free UI.

Anyways, I came across an awful problem: The look of my timer bars next to my portraits are awful now.

Previous:
    Now:

They just look out of place! And yes I'm aware the colours of the bars have slightly changed, the addon reset randomly so had to re-do all my settings for it. My question is simple: Does anyone have a quick fix for this problem? Or a different addon that would fit in a bit better? (Looks wise).

I don't really like the Idea of having 1 Icon to track SnD and have a timer on it, I prefer bars but that option isn't totally out of the window given the current situation.

Many thanks,

Mutix
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-03-31 at 09:20 AM.

Looking for some critique.

Idle

Combat

Raid

Doesn't seem as messy when i'm playing :P
    Meters are bottom right, i don't have them displayed most of the time.

I don't know what addon is causing the yellow thing on the right edge of the screen

Deleted

Thought I'd post, quite tight about how my UI looks and especially it's functionality!

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    The base is oUF_Qulight, I have been editing it over and over for about 18months now.
    I agree with you about pixel fonts. When I first moved away I felt that I didn't get the 'crisp' look I was looking for but you get used to it, especially if you move away from pixel borders too.
    How "difficult" is editing / creating oUF layouts?
    Or would I be better using Stuf/Shadowed?
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-03-31 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    How "difficult" is editing / creating oUF layouts?
    Or would I be better using Stuf/Shadowed?
    Editing oUF layouts isn't terribly hard as long as you know where to look for the changes you want to make. Just sometimes you make a change and the entire layout doesn't work so you have to revert the change. Sometimes it's a trial and error (for me at least, I'm terrible at lua).

I think changing tags and creating tags in the oUF layouts are the hardest thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Editing oUF layouts isn't terribly hard as long as you know where to look for the changes you want to make. Just sometimes you make a change and the entire layout doesn't work so you have to revert the change. Sometimes it's a trial and error (for me at least, I'm terrible at lua).

I think changing tags and creating tags in the oUF layouts are the hardest thing to do.
    I am pure suck at LUA hence asking, most of the "sexy" unitframes seem to be oUF layouts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post

I don't know what addon is causing the yellow thing on the right edge of the screen
    Norganna slidebar

my comments on your ui : why do you have both normal blizz combat numbers, and a scrolling combat text?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know a good simplistic bar addon that isn't Bartender?

I'm currently using rActionbarstyler and I can't get rid of those damn borders around the buttons, maybe cause I'm bad at LUA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post

I'm currently using rActionbarstyler and I can't get rid of those damn borders around the buttons, maybe cause I'm bad at LUA.
    Try and use Masque with it, if that doesn't work use Dominos as another bar addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganaza View Post

Thought I'd post, quite tight about how my UI looks and especially it's functionality!
    Can't really point out anything from a performance-enhancing standpoint since you are Ganaza, and you are one of the best DK's in the world IMHO. My only advice would be to possibly look at streamlining the aesthetics of the UI by adding matching borders to everything to mirror the borders created by Masque on your actionbuttons. It wouldn't detract anything, but it would create a sense of a complete interface. Overall a well laid out UI, and hope you finish strong this tier.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in your raid pic.....small things can be exciting.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 07:08 PM ----------

@ asharia I'm in your raid pic.....small things can be exciting.

Updated pic of what my Elv Edit looks like
    Raid Combat

Been spending some time configuring a new UI, will post some screens when it looks like a UI and less like a jumble sale.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-04-01 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by castalya View Post
    Norganna slidebar

my comments on your ui : why do you have both normal blizz combat numbers, and a scrolling combat text?
    I don't have any addon by that name. does it come packaged with something else sometimes?

I don't know why i have both lol. i don't always have the scrolling text on. i guess i like seeing the numbers pop up above my target, but i also like knowing what specific damage different abilities are doing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post
    I'm in your raid pic.....small things can be exciting.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 07:08 PM ----------

@ asharia I'm in your raid pic.....small things can be exciting.
    small world

Quote Originally Posted by Daninkai View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/qYaeRaSm.jpg
    About your desaturated target debuffs. Do you have it so everything is desaturated, or only things irrelevant to you? If it's the latter, what addon are you using to do it?

Edit: Nevermind. It's Raven.
    Last edited by piefayth; 2013-04-02 at 03:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    I don't have any addon by that name. does it come packaged with something else sometimes?

I don't know why i have both lol. i don't always have the scrolling text on. i guess i like seeing the numbers pop up above my target, but i also like knowing what specific damage different abilities are doing :P
    do you have auctioneer?

http://forums.norganna.org/index.php...ng-slidebar/p1 <- this person has slidebar, but not the addon and people are saying it can be embedded in auctioneer

----

my ui

on raidframes - ontop is debuffs, middle of the bottom is personal buffs that its useful for me to know (tanks cds etc)
    Last edited by mmoccf776cd969; 2013-04-01 at 02:05 PM. Reason: added my ui

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post

Post a screenshot of the borders you are talkin about. rActionBarStyler does not add any border at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Post a screenshot of the borders you are talkin about. rActionBarStyler does not add any border at all!
    http://i.imgur.com/KUPI2zw.jpg - This one is enlarged. Basically the icons are not "smooth"

http://i.imgur.com/ixnccbx.jpg - Thats at the size I would have them.