Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    It is Aurora, there's an option that replaces your full UI with the bundled Myriad Pro font. For some reason, turning that off doesn't stop it from changing the fonts on chat bubbles etc. But it'll fix your problem.
    Yeh, thanks I just changed the font in the media folder of Aurora to match my other font and it's a lot smoother now
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Playing with the idea of having a cooldown bar with specific cooldowns for each spec as well as three 'main' cooldowns for each spec instead of having coolLine.

They're not aligned or spaced out properly it's just the initial position I thought about placing it. C&C welcome!

Higher Quality
    I'm in love with your ui

can I have a direction to any kind of download page , or can I have your addon folder so I can customize it to my needs? Please?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by vije View Post
    A pet peeve of mine - especially with minimalistic UIs like yours - are those overcrowded stat bars. Sure, it's handy to see on a quick glance when it's time to ask for a repairbot/mount or to see that you're having a lagspike, but why not just have them on a hover-over tooltip (I'll boldly assume that mouseovering that box does already pop up a detailed description of addon memory usage, and as such you could add a few lines to that tooltip to include latency, fps, total memory usage, etc)? :]
    Atm that frame is the chat message frame - so i'm reusing something that would have been there in any case. And yes, you're right that mouseover will bring up popups of detailed info (like gold earned/spent, durabity, more info on memory usage).

Also,there's an option to disable it completely. The fun thing is that being it where the chat message bar is, doing the tooltips is a little tricky because of the various hide/show status you need to code, and sometimes they are incompatible between each other.

Anyway i can give it a try - if i get it right, you'd like to have the entire bar on mouseover; or you wanted to move the info in a tooltip? Just to get a more clear view of what i need to code.

EDIT: just fyi, the tooltips (also the low right corner one) are disabled during combat to avoid accidental mouseovering that will bring up things mid-fight and maybe obscure screen areas. That's why everything is there; anyway that bas could be less crowded (the clock could be moved on minimap).
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-09 at 04:09 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Berri; 2013-04-09 at 05:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    What addon are you using to colour player names in place of friendly nameplates?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    What addon are you using to colour player names in place of friendly nameplates?
    TidyPlates set to Headline mode.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Using Skullflower's UI now. Or just having it as a test setup to eventually switch to it. But before I actually edit it, I had to get my weakauras setup on it. Using Endus' auras, just moved around as I couldn't get a nice looking set of auras for my shaman . Going to use them as a base for my other classes as well. How's the positioning of them looking though, tried getting em aligned between the player and target frames perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Atm that frame is the chat message frame - so i'm reusing something that would have been there in any case. And yes, you're right that mouseover will bring up popups of detailed info (like gold earned/spent, durabity, more info on memory usage).

Also,there's an option to disable it completely. The fun thing is that being it where the chat message bar is, doing the tooltips is a little tricky because of the various hide/show status you need to code, and sometimes they are incompatible between each other.

Anyway i can give it a try - if i get it right, you'd like to have the entire bar on mouseover; or you wanted to move the info in a tooltip? Just to get a more clear view of what i need to code.

EDIT: just fyi, the tooltips (also the low right corner one) are disabled during combat to avoid accidental mouseovering that will bring up things mid-fight and maybe obscure screen areas. That's why everything is there; anyway that bas could be less crowded (the clock could be moved on minimap).
    well, to be honest I'd just hide everything but the clock and move the clock to the minimap ;-)

also, my still-very-much-in-progress UI!
    http://s16.postimg.org/5hg5n584z/Wo_...913_160000.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vije View Post
    well, to be honest I'd just hide everything but the clock and move the clock to the minimap ;-)

also, my still-very-much-in-progress UI!
    http://s16.postimg.org/5hg5n584z/Wo_...913_160000.jpg
    That's possible and pretty easy to do^^ the option to hide everything is already there, so a couple of line edits and i'm done.

I LOVE VISITOR FONT - probably your combo number is a little offsize (the horizontal line of the 4 is 4px while the rest is all3 px). Also put it on the tooltip, much more better-looking imho.

Also: would like to know what you use for chat to truncate the loot messages; it's a lot of time that i wanted to make that filter by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That's possible and pretty easy to do^^ the option to hide everything is already there, so a couple of line edits and i'm done.

I LOVE VISITOR FONT - probably your combo number is a little offsize (the horizontal line of the 4 is 4px while the rest is all3 px). Also put it on the tooltip, much more better-looking imho.

Also: would like to know what you use for chat to truncate the loot messages; it's a lot of time that i wanted to make that filter by myself.
    In the end whatever works for you is best though, I'm just a less is more-kind of person ;p

And yeah, I need to do quite a bit of work with pixelfont positions and sizing overall in the UI. I pretty much took FreeUI, stripped everything I didn't need, rebuilt my old unitframes and changed the pixelfont to visitor.

The loot message truncates are also from FreeUI; they're located in scripts/globals.lua

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Using Skullflower's UI now. Or just having it as a test setup to eventually switch to it. But before I actually edit it, I had to get my weakauras setup on it. Using Endus' auras, just moved around as I couldn't get a nice looking set of auras for my shaman . Going to use them as a base for my other classes as well. How's the positioning of them looking though, tried getting em aligned between the player and target frames perfectly.

Skin the bar textures to match the unitframes

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenlol View Post
    Skin the bar textures to match the unitframes
    I thought I had the same texture as the unitframes. Will go back and check on that. I just noticed that imgur is shitty quality when I just zoomed in to see =/.

Deleted
    Made myself my own raid manager and got rid of the Blizzard raidframe manager for now.

Have you just moved the Blizz button to your own frame or have you written everything new? Just to know, since it was my next step (Blizz raid manager sucks, but the possibility to put down indicators and assign role is cool to have in a separate tool for raidleaders).

EDIT: a more detailed explanation for buttons would be awesome - from the image i get the indicators buttons, the readycheck button, and the Tank assign button. Would like to know the other ones :P
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-04-10 at 06:37 AM.

Looks like World Markers with a Clear Marker for each one along with a Clear All.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Made myself my own raid manager and got rid of the Blizzard raidframe manager for now.
    What about moon!? How will I know what to turn into a sheep!? (or a rabbit in my case )
    Also skull, the most important of all!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    What about moon!? How will I know what to turn into a sheep!? (or a rabbit in my case )
    Also skull, the most important of all!
    These are not the target markers, but the ones you put on the ground with the light effect. Afaik moon and skull aren't available for them.

Deleted
    Unit raid markers can and should be hotkeyed. No need for buttons.

Nibelheim is correct on the buttons. The buttons are for world markers, role and readycheck. Maybe there are some other nifty party/raid functions. I'm currently thinking about setting MT or MA via button. But in the end just typing /mt playername isn't that hard...

If you want to read some code that does it you can check: http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour...nager/core.lua

On that note..I wrote myself a string icon archive. (all those icons are in the chat!)

You can use textures in any string using http://www.wowwiki.com/UI_escape_sequences#Textures.

For more read this: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...083#post276083
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-04-10 at 09:04 AM.

yeah, i've seen the archive one looking thourgh you google code - definitely going to use it as reference.

As i've written on WoWI: MT, MA and ML roles via button would be cool imho - it doesn't take much to write the chat line, but it does take even less with a button.

Also the marker buttons would be better looking if you manage to combine the two funcionalities (show and hide) into a single button, but i don't know if there's a way to check if a ground marker is placed or not (i'm assuming it exists for normal markers management, like "if displayed hide else do nothing").

Last, the "clear all" button should be labeled "clear all" or differently from the others; right now i know what the buttons mean, but at a first glace i was someway lost into all the cancel ones.

Deleted
    but wath is the most simple and usefull UI ?