Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    He couldn't stay away :P
    People like us pestering the crap out of him with UI stuff keeps him here :P

http://i.imgur.com/ssqEYtK.jpg

My UI is so pretteh.

Just to clarify all the raid frames and the boss bars on the right are test bars.

When someone is out of range they fade out.
    Last edited by Cynical Person; 2013-04-29 at 03:05 PM.

Changed some things, and still working on some others, obv need to handle the nameplates, but still wanna get a nice color scheme for buff bars above player frame.

<3
    Ish

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    Changed some things, and still working on some others, obv need to handle the nameplates, but still wanna get a nice color scheme for buff bars above player frame.

<3
    Ish
    Like it. It feel very... Ishtara:ish. Though the aura bars seems a bit out of place even though they aren't.

Tell me what you think.
    It's a quite busy shot. Could have been better. I'm thinking of getting rid of the raid frames. There is no need for them when tanking.
    Last edited by saami; 2013-04-30 at 06:24 AM.

Been tinkering for a while and finally settled on this. Tried to move away from pixel fonts, although, no success, as you can tell

Would appreciate comments and critique. I've been staring at it for so long I might have gone blind to the tiny things.

Edit:
    Base is ElvUI with SLE
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-04-30 at 06:46 AM.

Looking very nice! Would love to see it in action

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanthet View Post
    Been tinkering for a while and finally settled on this. Tried to move away from pixel fonts, although, no success, as you can tell

Would appreciate comments and critique. I've been staring at it for so long I might have gone blind to the tiny things.

Edit:
    Base is ElvUI with SLE
    Looks great, any chance of uploading?
    And what is that font?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Manu9; 2013-04-30 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    *Snip*
    Installed your UI to see how you did the borders and stuff. Now its broke my UI need to do it all over agian xD all my buff timers are gone and stuff lol, Np tho Was tempted to Redo it anyway ;>

EDIT - Ok.. spent allday trying to get my buff timers back, Cant find anywere in the default WoW options to turn them on. i add this line into my config "SET buffDurations = "1"" but the game just cancels it out as i cant edit it in admin (wont let me pick it as an option) i need help
    Last edited by Shyzhi; 2013-04-30 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    Ishtara by any chance are you going to update your ui over on wowi? with the one you have here..
    would love to get your ui working again

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Installed your UI to see how you did the borders and stuff. Now its broke my UI need to do it all over agian xD all my buff timers are gone and stuff lol, Np tho Was tempted to Redo it anyway ;>

EDIT - Ok.. spent allday trying to get my buff timers back, Cant find anywere in the default WoW options to turn them on. i add this line into my config "SET buffDurations = "1"" but the game just cancels it out as i cant edit it in admin (wont let me pick it as an option) i need help
    What are you using for your Buff Frame?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just curious Pharrax (haven't had the chance to view the YouTube vid yet since I'm at work) but can you add more than 1 hot bar at the bottom center? I tend to use a full one if not more and like to have a side hotbar for professions and non-combat skills/spells/actions/etc.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    What are you using for your Buff Frame?
    Its ok, i got it working agian had to edit a config file :P

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I just don't think the WeakAuras are in a good spot for some reason though =/. I'm horrible at placing these things, any suggestions about em? BTW, string of debuffs in the middle of the screen are in a dynamic group, only 1 is shown at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Like it. It feel very... Ishtara:ish. Though the aura bars seems a bit out of place even though they aren't.

Tell me what you think.
    It's a quite busy shot. Could have been better. I'm thinking of getting rid of the raid frames. There is no need for them when tanking.
    Hmmm, I'll take another look at the placement in game for the bars.
    Regarding your Ui:
    1. The combat text seems to be pointless clutter in its current state.
    2. You could probably get away with not having your quest log hanging out in the middle of the screen
    3. I like the raid frames for tanking b/c it lets you see if healers are in range.
    4. For that particular font I wouldn't do the class color text on class colored bar. A lot of your other texts are white anyway, color the texts to serve a purpose or make them white to match the already white texts.
    5. I don't love the backwards buff flow for the buffs and debuffs, generally the lowest remaining duration would be at the end, not the beginning.
    6. The aura icon texts in the middle of the screen aren't monochrome.
    7. Your left texts on your player and target frame need to be bumped to the right to match the distance that your right texts have from the edge of the frame.
    8. The power color on the player frame seems darker than the power color on the target frame, i can hardly see your players power bar.
    9. Find a less random layout for your secondary elements (dbm, boss bar, tank bars, whatever bar that is above target bar that has gigantic icons above it)
    That all seems to be haphazardly placed with no alignment in place of any of it.

Hope some of that helps
    <3
    Ish

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post

That's why we always back up our interface and wtf folders <3
    My wowinterface ui is quite out of date, however, downloading it and updating the addons shouldn't leave you with too many broken elements other than the buffs and debuffs. Unfortunately, satrina buff frames hasn't been updated in quite a while afaik.

---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Ishtara by any chance are you going to update your ui over on wowi? with the one you have here..
    would love to get your ui working again
    Uhmmmm, I dunno, maybe

I haven't played WoW in a long time, so I have a lot of UI's I need to start checking out! Anyway, this is my current work in progress. Can I get some opinions on it? I am thinking of not making Recount and the Chat Panel opaque.

Deleted

Would love some feedback on how to improve my UI.

In Combat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7leAYpFTv8

Quote Originally Posted by Reclusion View Post
    Looking very nice! Would love to see it in action
    Will see what I can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Looks great, any chance of uploading?
    And what is that font?

Thanks.
    Font is Visitor TT2.

I'll see what I can do about it.

Edit: Thanks to you both!
    Last edited by Malcanthet; 2013-05-01 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post

Would love some feedback on how to improve my UI.

In Combat - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7leAYpFTv8
    I would recommend getting something like CleanIcons to skin the WeakAura (I assume they are) icons for a better fit. Also maybe scale raidframes down abit, and go with class colored names and a static color for the bars, but If you are a raid-leader or anything I can easily understand why you would have them they way you do atm
    Otherwise its really nice and looks to be very efficient

10+ Year Old Account
    Mish, what's the raid frames/party frames addon you're using? I remember using it in the past but it's been so long since I had it I can't recall the name.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    Mish, what's the raid frames/party frames addon you're using? I remember using it in the past but it's been so long since I had it I can't recall the name.
    It looks like vuhdo