Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Joyful - looking for a slightly bigger party/raid frames addon that Stuf but not one that causes my screen to become "busy" per say.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by saami View Post
    Like it. It feel very... Ishtara:ish. Though the aura bars seems a bit out of place even though they aren't.

Tell me what you think.
    It's a quite busy shot. Could have been better. I'm thinking of getting rid of the raid frames. There is no need for them when tanking.
    Hey would you mind sharing which nameplates you are using and what unitframes these are?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    *snip*

I just don't think the WeakAuras are in a good spot for some reason though =/. I'm horrible at placing these things, any suggestions about em? BTW, string of debuffs in the middle of the screen are in a dynamic group, only 1 is shown at a time.
    How do you show both stacks and time on your WA icons?

Quote Originally Posted by sally View Post
    How do you show both stacks and time on your WA icons?
    tick cooldown

tidy plates
    plate buffs
    sArena
    class portraits
    unit frames improved
    interrupt bar
    MSBT
    and quartz because i ran out of macro space to script my cast bar bigger =O

my UI used to be a clusterfuck of addons and boxes all the way across the bottom of my screen. i can see the game now, much better this way.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-01 at 07:11 PM.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a raid shot for you all after some minor tweaks.

higher quality

PS anybody know how to hide the difficulty banner on the minimap? My code isn't working anymore.

I've heard of people making "Pixel Perfect" UI's. Is there something to that? My resolution is 1920x1200

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I've heard of people making "Pixel Perfect" UI's. Is there something to that? My resolution is 1920x1200
    Not much to it. Just make sure your UI Scale is set to 768 / Screen Height (in your case, 768 / 1200 = 0.64, which is also the bottom of the UI Scale slider in System options) and you're now pixel perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Here's a raid shot for you all after some minor tweaks.

higher quality

PS anybody know how to hide the difficulty banner on the minimap? My code isn't working anymore.
    Haven't really followed this thread much but damn..Care when were you back? I thought you sold your account cause of pandas being a new race...lol . Welcome back anyway.

On the previous page are you still using Headline as your nameplates? Think that was the name of it.

The only thing I can see on your ui you could consider changing is hiding the dps role icons on your raid frames maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    There are two approaches, one is via coding in the addon to handle that.

The second is setting your UI scale so 1 pixel actually equals 1 unit in the UI positioning.
    That would need to be per-addon and so not a practical solution for most of us.

The first can be achieved via a macro, but this will likely reposition/resize many UI/addon elements and the frames such as character, spellbook etc may be smaller.

Code:
    /run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"))
    Though something set to a size of x-pixels should then appear exactly that.
    Also set your multi-sampling to 1x in the video options, because that also affects your UI.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-05-02 at 03:14 AM.

Deleted
    I don't see why there's a need for a macro - all I had to do was disable the UI scale option and it automatically scaled the UI to what it's supposed to be in my resolution. Then there's multisampling - the way I see it, the UI is nothing more but an OVERLAY over the game graphics, and multisampling can only affects the game's graphics. It's not like FXAA that blurs everything, including the UI. At least it doesn't affect my UI at all. (Always have it on 8x and I've got pixel perfection.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    I don't see why there's a need for a macro - all I had to do was disable the UI scale option and it automatically scaled the UI to what it's supposed to be in my resolution. Then there's multisampling - the way I see it, the UI is nothing more but an OVERLAY over the game graphics, and multisampling can only affects the game's graphics. It's not like FXAA that blurs everything, including the UI. At least it doesn't affect my UI at all. (Always have it on 8x and I've got pixel perfection.)
    Disabling the slider will have a similar effect, yes. As for multisampling, the UI gets included. Not quite as simple as "it's not the actual 3D world so it doesn't", though I wish it were It's generally fine on frames that are set to exact X, Y positions, but on other frames you'll get blurriness.

Left = 8x MultiSample, Right = 1x MultiSample

Quote Originally Posted by Sagryth View Post
    That must have been a fairly recent addition then.
    I was going by what was previously correct.
    It does still impact, even if the consequence is not obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    It looks like vuhdo
    Tried VuhDo out last night and couldn't replicate what's in Mishh's screenshot - I even went so far as to check the colors tab and then the classes suboption but never could get it configured to show up as such.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Disabling the slider will have a similar effect, yes. As for multisampling, the UI gets included. Not quite as simple as "it's not the actual 3D world so it doesn't", though I wish it were It's generally fine on frames that are set to exact X, Y positions, but on other frames you'll get blurriness.

Left = 8x MultiSample, Right = 1x MultiSample
    That's quite terrible then, I don't think I can play without multisampling :P.
    Much as I'd like UI perfection, I can't stand them jaggies in graphics.

Deleted
    another masterpiece from kaitain ^-^

Would be nice if you uploaded screenshots in the original resolution, quite hard to see stuff if it is that tiny

10+ Year Old Account
    That is quite lovely, I love what you did to the talent frame <3

What font are you using for the target name? :3

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    What font are you using for the target name? :3
    It's called Christopher hand

Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    Would be nice if you uploaded screenshots in the original resolution, quite hard to see stuff if it is that tiny
    fixed.

http://kaitain.info/forumpics/2big.jpg

http://kaitain.info/forumpics/4big.jpg

http://kaitain.info/forumpics/5big.jpg
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2013-05-02 at 08:44 PM.