Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    how do you guys even go about making your own UI? I downloaded a bunch of add ons earlier to give it a go but it was such a nightmare to set up. I couldn't get the same theme across all of the separate add ons and it ended up looking really crappy. In the end I just gave up and went back to RealUI because it's already there for you.
    Time and effort really
    Some experience as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Time and effort really
    Some experience as well.
    + Creativity

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    very much a WIP, still need to fix around with weakauras
    Skullflower modified?

how do you guys even go about making your own UI? I downloaded a bunch of add ons earlier to give it a go but it was such a nightmare to set up. I couldn't get the same theme across all of the separate add ons and it ended up looking really crappy. In the end I just gave up and went back to RealUI because it's already there for you.
    The problem being most authors have their own approach, their own ideas as to the styling or interface for their addon.
    Very few unless by the same author, and often not in that case also will share much in the way of consistency or at least the ability to make them look consistent.
    If you can remove much of the distinctiveness from an addon, then something like kgPanels or Masque can offer a consistent border or icon across suitable addons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Skullflower modified?
    It is not.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. Looked like it to me =/. Was going to try and recreate it if it was lol.

I need to stop changing my UI every other day it gets annoying re-setting up weakauras, etc to fit with it.

Honestly, I think we all follow this thread to see Joyful's latest avatar/sigs and then install RealUI (or other high-quality package). The screenshots are just there to keep the thread alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Honestly, I think we all follow this thread to see Joyful's latest avatar/sigs and then install RealUI (or other high-quality package). The screenshots are just there to keep the thread alive.
    Hahha

Still working with this layout, I think it's really starting to get places now, and it's mostly just small stuff I need to sort out (atleast that I can see, maybe you guys have more ideas?)

I've added
    - Rep/exp bar
    - New Alternate power bar ( not shown in these pictures)
    - Teksloot

Thought I'd post screenshot from another point of view than my warrior, so priest it is!

Things I need to sort out:
    - Skin icon border for Teksloot
    - Add a monochrome outline to dbm bars (ripped from Care's UI <3)
    - Anything else, that I don't see? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    Still working with this layout, I think it's really starting to get places now, and it's mostly just small stuff I need to sort out (atleast that I can see, maybe you guys have more ideas?)

I've added
    - Rep/exp bar
    - Teksloot

Thought I'd post screenshot from another point of view than my warrior, so priest it is!

Not sure if this have been brought up before, but the damage meter seems very compact, bit too compact =/

Not sure if this have been brought up before, but the damage meter seems very compact, bit too compact =/
    That's a good point, my idea with the dmg meter was that I didn't want it to steal too much attention, so I decided to make it quite small, but I can see how it might be better for the overall look to maybe make it a bit less compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post

I've added
    - Rep/exp bar
    - Teksloot

Personally I would put the names inside the frames and anchor the powerbars to the bottom

Ok, so I grabbed a few more screenies tonight from the raid. I got my weakaura's figured out and added them. The first SS is an OOC pic from the raid, and the 2nd one is in combat during trash. The only difference b/w trash and a boss is my DBM which shows up right next to my dmg meter in the top left. Big fan of minimalistic UI's, so thats the route I'm going.

http://imageshack.us/a/img197/8125/icraidsetting.jpg

Anyones thoughts or suggestions on what else could be done or changed let me know!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-06 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Absolutely beautiful UI. It's so clean and it's obvious that you put a lot of time and effort into it. I'm guessing you're using kgPanels for all the nifty borders and stuff?
    thnx and yes, kgpanels is what is to blame for all the borders

I cleaned up the nameplates so they match the rest of the Ui, still working on the buffbar color scheme :\

<3
    Ish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post

I cleaned up the nameplates so they match the rest of the Ui, still working on the buffbar color scheme :\

<3
    Ish
    Very nice mate, gj!
    Did you do the borders the same way you taught me? 3 x panels with diefferent stratas that is?
    If so, out of curiosity i must ask, how many panels are there for the combopoints bar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cupofcheese View Post
    Ok, so I grabbed a few more screenies tonight from the raid. I got my weakaura's figured out and added them. The first SS is an OOC pic from the raid, and the 2nd one is in combat during trash. The only difference b/w trash and a boss is my DBM which shows up right next to my dmg meter in the top left. Big fan of minimalistic UI's, so thats the route I'm going.

http://imageshack.us/a/img197/8125/icraidsetting.jpg

Anyones thoughts or suggestions on what else could be done or changed let me know!
    No idea how you can see your health and your target's health. The very bottom of the screen and using 2 shades of black for current and missing health? Pretty sure you know your own name too.

yt com/watch?v=0CAeOQvEDjw

Inspired on Emery's UI I decided to make something like that.

(I cant post links yet.)

looking forward for some criticism

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post

<3
    Ish
    Wow, that is very sexy. I'd really dig using those nameplates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know a good simplistic name plates addon? Tidy plates for me atm is acting really strange, its using like 10mb of addon memory which is very strange because as I recall it only used to use like a 10th of that. Basically aslong as the addon functions like tidy plates, i.e shows my dots, a nice clean name plate bar that also the colour represents different classes (light blue = mage, yellow = rogue etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage meter is most important meter