Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Felonidas View Post
    At ease
    i.imgur.com/l2r7PXX.jpg

Raid environment
    i.imgur.com/rP44AzE.jpg

Tell me what you think
    Not a bad ui. What is that white/gray bar under your cast bar on the raid screenshot?

As my personal preference I would probably adjust a little. Copies of some buffs/debuffs would always bug me . I think, i can also spot about 3 different fonts on the ui, that would bother me, too. Some things are overlapping - ex. what seems to be your orb tracker is on top of that conduit energy bar.

Very sorry, can't post images, yet.

Last edited by Deemaxm; 2013-05-18 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    The DPS meter font, and the font in the center of the screen displaying "8-10" needs to have the font shadow removed. Your buffs in the top right have it too, or they have a thick outline instead of a thin outline. (:

I'd probably make the DPS meter bars thicker too, similar to the health bar and boss timers perhaps.
    Also, stop photoshopping the dps meter and removing the warlocks and/or replacing them with hunters. I kid, mostly. Possibly consider a kgPanel border of some sort to the chat frame? I would agree with the shadow removal suggestions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkiboy View Post
    Not a bad ui. What is that white/gray bar under your cast bar on the raid screenshot?

As my personal preference I would probably adjust a little. Copies of some buffs/debuffs would always bug me . I think, i can also spot about 3 different fonts on the ui, that would bother me, too. Some things are overlapping - ex. what seems to be your orb tracker is on top of that conduit energy bar.

Very sorry, can't post images, yet.
    I think the grey/white bar is his castbar, casting mind flay and showing ticks. The red bar is his Mind Blast cooldown bar

The DPS meter font, and the font in the center of the screen displaying "8-10" needs to have the font shadow removed. Your buffs in the top right have it too, or they have a thick outline instead of a thin outline. (:

I'd probably make the DPS meter bars thicker too, similar to the health bar and boss timers perhaps.
    Not sure how much I can do about buffs in the top right. And I can't seem to find anything with font shadows.

"b.duration:SetFont(cfg.duration.font, cfg.duration.size, "THINOUTLINE")"

The font in the center of my screen is RangeDisplay and there's either no outline or normal Outline in the options.. It looks super transparent without an outline.

Currently making changes to DPS meter font. Screeny soonish.
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-05-19 at 12:40 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

let me know ur thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Not sure how much I can do about buffs in the top right. And I can't seem to find anything with font shadows.

"b.duration:SetFont(cfg.duration.font, cfg.duration.size, "THINOUTLINE")"
    The default font settings is to have font shadow, which is why the shadow is there with no mention in the code. Add this line and it should be gone:
    b.duration:SetShadowOffset(0, 0)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jeremy, I like what you have done with the power bar but I was wondering how it feels without a target power bar? I've never tried playing without one but for some bosses don't you need it? PvP it might be a bit vital too!

Some fixes. Feels like my RangeDisplay is offcenter even though I set X = 0..

How it look?

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    there's one extra "g" in the "jpg" Jeremy
    Not quite sure what you mean..

Jeremy, I like what you have done with the power bar but I was wondering how it feels without a target power bar? I've never tried playing without one but for some bosses don't you need it? PvP it might be a bit vital too!
    Made some edits not long ago, there is target/boss power bars when there is a power bar.

Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-05-19 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

is my current UI. It's basically the default Blizz UI but I made a couple of macros to show the tooltips of bigger CDs. Got the same set up on my MW monk and my DK.

Also used multiple scripts (made into an addon) to remove the keybind and macro texts from my actionbars.

Edit: I'm also looking for an addon that could replace the current standard Blizzard UI's grey theme to something else. I know there's an addon out there which makes the default blizz UI dark and a bit shady, but it affected the actionbuttons to the point where it got a bit harder to track CDs.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-05-19 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    Change:

Code:
    self.timerLabel:SetPoint("RIGHT", self, "RIGHT", -6, 0)
    To: (for example)

Code:
    self.timerLabel:SetPoint("RIGHT", self, "RIGHT", -6, 0.5)
    That slight change should bump the text up just enough to make it look like it's even in the middle of the bar. The value you need depends on the font and the height of your bars.
    Thanks, but i must be doing something wrong because it doesn't change for me.
    Tryed 0.5, 1, 2, 3 and -0.5, -1 and so on and it doesn't change at all=(
    Yes, i saved it each time and reloaded the ui=P

10+ Year Old Account

Some fixes. Feels like my RangeDisplay is offcenter even though I set X = 0..

How it look?

Not quite sure what you mean..

Made some edits not long ago, there is target/boss power bars when there is a power bar.

Looks good man What font are you using? Also, what are you using for your unit frames and raid frames?

I really gotta learn how to edit LUA :|

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Looks good man What font are you using? Also, what are you using for your unit frames and raid frames?

I really gotta learn how to edit LUA :|
    Accidental Presidency

oUF_Skaarj

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Something I'm playing with. Not set in stone at all.

Oh! What raid frames are those Ryas? I'd love to have that style for dps toons vs. something like Grid which isn't as necessary.

Feels like my RangeDisplay is offcenter even though I set X = 0..
    Due to how the WoW UI works, add 0.5 to X to properly center it.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Oh! What raid frames are those Ryas? I'd love to have that style for dps toons vs. something like Grid which isn't as necessary.
    I use Pitbull for unitframes. I just made them using that. Because yeah like you said, I'm a DPS so all i really care about is if people are alive and what not.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Thanks, but i must be doing something wrong because it doesn't change for me.
    Tryed 0.5, 1, 2, 3 and -0.5, -1 and so on and it doesn't change at all=(
    Yes, i saved it each time and reloaded the ui=P
    Hmm I'm not sure. I've removed skada since I started playing again so I haven't got round to fitting it into my latest UI.

Damn the UI customization; it keeps me playing the game! Had to stay up all night to prepare for a night shift so I re-subbed for the patch and started to work on something a little different.

higher quality

I've still got quite a bit to do. I'd like to change the default power colors instead of using class colors for the power bar. Need to fine tune buff and debuff placement, aura tracking and the cast bars. I'm also thinking about dropping the panels at the top and bottom because they don't really fit into it anymore.

Shadow Priest UI (Skullflowers ElvUI edit): http://imageshack.us/a/img9/3193/shadowui.jpg

Warlock UI (Ohdamn UI edit): http://imageshack.us/a/img203/483/warlockui.jpg

Unholy DK UI (Ohdamn UI edit):http://imageshack.us/a/img35/7373/unholy20ui.

--

Only just come back to the game and picking up my was Disc now Shadow Priest. I like my UI so far but now need to make up/import some WAs to track Twist of Fate or DI procs etc.

Edit: I also need a nice slick damage font if anyone knows of one? I think the UIs font is Expressway but not sure if this will work if I just sub into the .lua file. Will try later.
    Last edited by Daniie; 2013-05-21 at 08:22 AM.

I've still got quite a bit to do. I'd like to change the default power colors instead of using class colors for the power bar. Need to fine tune buff and debuff placement, aura tracking and the cast bars. I'm also thinking about dropping the panels at the top and bottom because they don't really fit into it anymore.
    You don't have file containing something like?

Code:
    oUF.colors.power['MANA'] = {0.37, 0.6, 1}
    oUF.colors.power['RAGE']  = {0.9,  0.3,  0.23}
    oUF.colors.power['FOCUS']  = {1, 0.81,  0.27}
    oUF.colors.power['RUNIC_POWER']  = {0, 0.81, 1}
    oUF.colors.power['AMMOSLOT'] = {0.78,1, 0.78}
    oUF.colors.power['FUEL'] = {0.9,  0.3,  0.23}
    oUF.colors.power['POWER_TYPE_STEAM'] = {0.55, 0.57, 0.61}
    oUF.colors.power['POWER_TYPE_PYRITE'] = {0.60, 0.09, 0.17}	
    oUF.colors.power['POWER_TYPE_HEAT'] = {0.55,0.57,0.61}
    oUF.colors.power['POWER_TYPE_OOZE'] = {0.76,1,0}
    oUF.colors.power['POWER_TYPE_BLOOD_POWER'] = {0.7,0,1}