Thread: Post Your UI

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I did have monochrome on. Turned it off and put no outline and it looks 100x better.

Deleted
    http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7b4483cf.jpg

My UI is basically just Xperl (pretty ouddated addon but i like the looks) Bartender, omnicc and Bagnon. The small row of bars under my 1 - 6 binds was meant for my Logitech mouse buttons but i really dont have much need for too many binds, only bound 6 buttons to the mouse.

I dont like having my UI too complicated, i like want it clean and compact, obviously my Skada window is out of place in the picture but you get the idea
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-05-27 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Asking here - has anyone problems woth nameplates? The castbar name/time thing; probably Blizzard has added some new regions i don't manage in my addon
    They probably changed the identifiers, because of the 5.3 changes:
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.3 Patch Notes
    UI:
    When using name plates, castbars will now display for all creatures and players in the area.

Arghh - This is the thing I hate about X-Perl. Why do you need to have your class & level shown? Have you forgotten what you are, and at what level? I've no idea why, but it just angers me so much to see that on peoples User Interfaces...

Quote Originally Posted by drglenn View Post
    They probably changed the identifiers, because of the 5.3 changes
    Yeah, i noticed that too - but my castbars are just working fine. It's just the name and the shadows - i need a reference to get their names, handling them will be easy.

Thanks for the help
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help
    No worries, have fun with the tweaking.

Deleted
    Combat
    Idle

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Any criticism welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by drglenn View Post
    No worries, have fun with the tweaking.
    Managed to get the handle of it - a nice GetRegions did the trick. If everything goes well i'll replicate it on my pc and post an image - trying to keep the spell text and look if it's good.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 04:09 PM ----------

Ok tweaked out the new 5.3 additions to nameplates. Hidden the ugly shadow and thought to use the spell text as a "kickable" indicator - the text is green if the spell is interruptable, turns red if it's not.

Here's a screenshot:

I am not entirely sure of the text disposition anyway, the name + spell makes the nameplate look a little cluttered, isn't it? Suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: video quality (especially colors) are a little messed up. Anyway it does the job.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-05-27 at 04:15 PM.

The stance bar looks weird there.

Maybe move it below your AB or in the top left.

Deleted
    I just asked the following in the UI mod thread but i will give it a try in here aswell.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get pixelperfect borders on my bigwigs timers that i have cusomized with QuseBossStyles (Qusewigs)?
    As you see in the picture below the borders looks like shit, its the same thing if i use 1px black borders.
    It looks all smeared out here and there

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    -cut-
    you could simply remove the spell name (icons are much more intuitive) and color the statusbar instead of the name

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    The stance bar looks weird there.

Maybe move it below your AB or in the top left.
    All actionbars are movable by default via slash commands - i just keep it there because i'm bad when i switch specs so i can see it easily XD

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 02:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    you could simply remove the spell name (icons are much more intuitive) and color the statusbar instead of the name
    Removing it will be easy, just the coloring of the statusbar doesn't work, and i don't know why (while text coloring, border coloring and even fancy stuff like popping a huge badass texture in the middle of the screen works). Need to doublecheck the code.

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I just asked the following in the UI mod thread but i will give it a try in here aswell.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to get pixelperfect borders on my bigwigs timers that i have cusomized with QuseBossStyles (Qusewigs)?
    As you see in the picture below the borders looks like shit, its the same thing if i use 1px black borders.
    It looks all smeared out here and there
    Du you use antialiasing? Pixelperfect things many times require the multisampling set to 1.

Deleted
    Du you use antialiasing? Pixelperfect things many times require the multisampling set to 1.
    I have multisampling set to 8

Deleted
    Finally moved away from the default UI, and started customizing my own. I've started rebuilding Fatboss JohnPrescott's UI and got down to altering it from a hunter UI to a fire mage UI. So, a lot of credit goes to Fatboss' Alex.

Idle.

And in combat.

- I'm going to guess this UI looks a bit cluttered from a non-firemage perspective, but it's really all the info I need.
    - Still need to set up my unit frames. Will be using grid, but can't simulate being in a group by myself.
    - The cauterize icon normally only shows when I have cauterized, and shows the cd timer.
    - Below my cast bar it shows my current procs / temporary buffs and their timers.
    - Above my cast bar to the right are my important spell cd's. Below that it shows the duration left on that cd. (Timer for uptime combustion, for instance.)
    - Using combustionhelper to track dots, and the included magebombtimer to track bombs.

Still looking for a better way to show incoming heals and outgoing damage. Any suggestions (about anything in the ui) are appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    - I'm going to guess this UI looks a bit cluttered from a non-firemage perspective, but it's really all the info I need.
    You need incredibly large padding and spacing to show the info for a fire mage? You need to have tailoring and enchanting in a low visibility state rather than on mouseover? You need to show a graph of raid dps when you said yourself you've been used to the default UI? If you like it then that's all that matters but you could certainly make it look tremendously less cluttered while still showing relevant information.

Personally I'd clean up the action bars a lot. Everything on the right side I'd make mousever instead of transparent. Everything in the center I'd condense and remove all the excess and unnecessary padding and spacing. Along the same lines, I'd use some kind of icon install to give yourself clean square corners rather than the rounded corners that are currently present. Make the quartz texture match the unit frame texture and turn the bottom row of Weak Auras (or maybe they're power auras) into a dynamic group to prevent that big gap that is present. That would clean everything up and make it look less cluttered while still providing all of the info you'd like to see.

XCT and MSBT are both good options for incoming and outgoing damage. I prefer the very clean look of XCT but with enough configuration I'm sure you could basically do the exact same thing with MSBT. Best of luck if you decide to change anything.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply!

- I prefer the padding and spacing, yeah. Can't really give arguments, personal preference.
    - Changing something from a 35% fade to not showing at all won't increase my visibility at all. I understand if you prefer not to see them at all, but they are not blocking my vision and are easy to find.
    - The 'big gap' in procs (using TellMeWhen btw) is on purpose. I know where every of the currently 7 procs are, and it'll allow me to see what is up in the blink of an eye, rather than seeing a dynamic list like you mentioned.

Overall, I think you prefer to have a lot more clean empty space than my UI, which is perfectly fine of course, but I don't necessarily agree with it. Thanks for the feedback however, I'm going to look into some of the smaller changes you suggested to make it feel more like one theme.

Lastly, thanks for the suggestions for the damage visuals! They look like they could easily clutter my screen at first glance, but I'm not judging it before I play with all the settings.

Deleted
    I am in need of some advice here lads, what color would you have used on the pet's unitframe (small one under player to the left) and on the power bar (big one in middle above actionbars)?
    Also, would you have used the bartexture on picture 1 for target's power, pet and powerbar or the one on picture 2?
    On picture 1 the powerbars and power bar is using the same as everything else (tap1) and on picture 2 "tap2", a brigther version.
    Thanks!

Pic 1

Pic 2
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2013-05-28 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Changed around my UI a bit today. I had everything gray before, the DoT bars, buff bars, unit frames, and raid frames, and it made it hard to differentiate the spells. So I made it a little more bold and colorful, and at first I thought I wasn't going to be pleased with it, but I kinda am.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please, let me know

http://img.pixelperfekt.me/ui/LyUI-Raid.jpg
    I'm happy to see that, Lydude. I'd added a little color to my copy of your UI myself.

I'm curious why you haven't moved the minimap down 25 pixels to get it from covering up the right end of the upper bazooka bar?

Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Changed around my UI a bit today. I had everything gray before, the DoT bars, buff bars, unit frames, and raid frames, and it made it hard to differentiate the spells. So I made it a little more bold and colorful, and at first I thought I wasn't going to be pleased with it, but I kinda am.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, please, let me know

http://img.pixelperfekt.me/ui/LyUI-Raid.jpg
    What are you using to track the debuffs on the boss frames ?