Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #10221
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Thanks Gonna do that myself. How exactly do you change the border color? Is there an image file or do you have to edit a lua file?

    BigWigs_Plugins\bars edit
    Code:
    bd:SetBackdropBorderColor(.6,.6,.6,1)
    To

    Code:
    bd:SetBackdropBorderColor(0,0,0,1)

  2. #10222
    High Overlord lydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil93W View Post
    Yea youre gonna have to edit that in lua, i believe it was some file in the bigwigs_plugin folder, wish i could help but im on vacation atm and dont have access to wow
    No worries, I really like your UI so I think I'm gonna go for something similar with the recreation of mine. Gonna change a few things around but the bigwigs bars, I really like how clean they are so I will definitely be implementing them

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    BigWigs_Plugins\bars edit
    Code:
    bd:SetBackdropBorderColor(.6,.6,.6,1)
    To

    Code:
    bd:SetBackdropBorderColor(0,0,0,1)
    Thanks! Gonna do this when I get home

  3. #10223
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    <snip>
    Can you post you lua setting for your BW timer bars so I can make mine look sexylicious like yours?

  4. #10224
    Long shot but does anybody know of any decent prepacked rogue specific UIs I could take a look at?

  5. #10225
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgaard View Post
    Long shot but does anybody know of any decent prepacked rogue specific UIs I could take a look at?
    One of MMO-C's Moderators has a great one: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...52-ColdUI.html

  6. #10226
    High Overlord lydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Can you post you lua setting for your BW timer bars so I can make mine look sexylicious like yours?
    I'll upload them later on, but like I said, if you just download Elv Addon Skins and set BigWigs to use the Elv skin, that's all I did to get mine to look like that.

  7. #10227
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    I'll upload them later on, but like I said, if you just download Elv Addon Skins and set BigWigs to use the Elv skin, that's all I did to get mine to look like that.
    Not sure where to get that from, had a quick look on Tukui.org but could not see it. May just be me being stupid though.

    Nevermind, I found it, I was just being dumb.
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-07-26 at 02:37 PM.

  8. #10228
    Mechagnome MayronEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    I love your ui. the only reason i dont use it myself is i really don't like the unit frames.
    the whole ui is kinda futuristic. custom art work the sldt placement is all Fantastic 10/10 but the unit frames look really generic. as if you put so much effort into everything else and kinda gave up when it came to the unit frames.
    thats the only thing stopping me using it.
    sorry if i offend you but thats my 2 cents.
    Trying to work on my Unit Frames. I came up with a new concept and I know it is not exactly what you meant but I managed to combine the cast bar into the portrait if I have it as a bar. I usually hate portraits as a bar instead of square. Not really sure if its an improvement or not. It has however removed the blank space at the top for where the cast bar use to be positioned.

    The bottom 2 look more complicated because of my spells and class timers on top so keep that in mind. The Player frame also has a much larger height for the mana bar and a shorter height for the health bar since this is my Healing layout for my UI and so far I have found it more useful since Grid Raid Frames show my health anyway and never really use my Unit Frames to gather than information.

    The Top image is the old style and bottom 2 is the new with the bottom one using a cast bar:



    The image on the left does work when you click it but the thumbnail is not loading due to a strange error.

  9. #10229
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Trying to work on my Unit Frames. I came up with a new concept and I know it is not exactly what you meant but I managed to combine the cast bar into the portrait if I have it as a bar. I usually hate portraits as a bar instead of square. Not really sure if its an improvement or not. It has however removed the blank space at the top for where the cast bar use to be positioned.

    The bottom 2 look more complicated because of my spells and class timers on top so keep that in mind. The Player frame also has a much larger height for the mana bar and a shorter height for the health bar since this is my Healing layout for my UI and so far I have found it more useful since Grid Raid Frames show my health anyway and never really use my Unit Frames to gather than information.

    The Top image is the old style and bottom 2 is the new with the bottom one using a cast bar:



    The image on the left does work when you click it but the thumbnail is not loading due to a strange error.
    MUCH MUCH Better, i know its just a simple touch but it makes a massive difference the only thing i can suggest is to put TOT in the middle between the player / target frame as if i remember right theres nothing there usually.
    would it be possible to make the player / targets alpha say 70% so it has a very slight transparancy effect similar to the background art that looks like it has a very slight transparancy if not then ignore that but overall mate. gimmie a download link. honestly you have done a great job here. boosted your ui from 7/10 to a good 9/10 (you get -1 point for no weak aura's lol but thats only cus im weak aura's mad) on a side note the Mana bar stands out alot as its so bright. hense the slight touch of transparancy may help blend it more to the overall theme.. then again it may make it worse.. but would love to have a look
    Well Done.
    Last edited by Korallis; 2013-07-26 at 05:45 PM.

  10. #10230
    High Overlord lydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    BigWigs_Plugins\bars edit
    Code:
    bd:SetBackdropBorderColor(.6,.6,.6,1)
    To

    Code:
    bd:SetBackdropBorderColor(0,0,0,1)
    This worked lovely, thanks. I changed the border/background color, but how can I change the color that the bar is? By default, it goes from that blue color to red when it hits emphasize.

    As for my UI, it's coming along great right now. Using the unit frames/weak auras seen in Emil's screenshots a few pages back, but switching around the raid frames and a few other things. Really liking the setup after raiding with it last night. Right now I have it configured for my Demo Lock and Shadow Priest, but I still have to configure my Fire Mage, Assassination Rogue, and Survival/BM Hunter before I even consider a release. Look for a screenshot or video this weekend if anyone is interested in seeing what I'm working with.

  11. #10231
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    This worked lovely, thanks. I changed the border/background color, but how can I change the color that the bar is? By default, it goes from that blue color to red when it hits emphasize.
    available in the BigWigs options. /bw

  12. #10232
    Mechagnome MayronEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    MUCH MUCH Better, i know its just a simple touch but it makes a massive difference the only thing i can suggest is to put TOT in the middle between the player / target frame as if i remember right theres nothing there usually.
    would it be possible to make the player / targets alpha say 70% so it has a very slight transparancy effect similar to the background art that looks like it has a very slight transparancy if not then ignore that but overall mate. gimmie a download link. honestly you have done a great job here. boosted your ui from 7/10 to a good 9/10 (you get -1 point for no weak aura's lol but thats only cus im weak aura's mad) on a side note the Mana bar stands out alot as its so bright. hense the slight touch of transparancy may help blend it more to the overall theme.. then again it may make it worse.. but would love to have a look
    Well Done.
    Thank you very much for the advice. It has been very fun using this UI with my new unit frames and now prefer it!

    When you say the player and target alpha I assume you mean the entire unit frame? I am not sure why lowering it to 70% alpha would be better as it would just make it harder to read and see it. Was slightly confused about that..

    I will need to look into Weak Auras at some point but when I make it downloadable you can always add weak auras to it, I am very bad with it and have never used it so if you post a screen shot after your done I can see how it makes it better and might try it

    I have the old version downloadable in my signature below but not with the new unit frame changes.

    I have It set in "Healing Mode" to have the player frame and the one on the right is actually the focus frame. In "DPS/Tank Mode" you can see it like you said by having the player on the left, ToT in the middle and Target on the Right. Why I have this Healing Mode to do this is because I like having the Boss as my focus and using mouse over macros on my Grid frames. This is so that I can see the bosses buffs and cast bar with the health and mana much clearer which is more important to me rather than seeing my target as I use the Grid raid frames for that.

    Thanks again! Really happy to hear you like it

  13. #10233
    Pharrax mate. job well done, all that remains is an updated Version on WOWI :-)

  14. #10234
    Mechagnome MayronEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Pharrax mate. job well done, all that remains is an updated Version on WOWI :-)
    Okay, it may take me a while just to make sure it all works great and fix bugs but once its finished I will let you know. Won't be too long.

  15. #10235
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    Current UI in action
    I like your UI and it inspired me to make one for my rogue. Can you tell me which Combo points addon you're using?

  16. #10236
    High Overlord lydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    available in the BigWigs options. /bw
    Wow, can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anyone know an addon that shows the durability/item level of an item that is in your bag or on your character dialog? ElvUI Advanced did this, but I don't know a stand alone addon that does the same thing.

  17. #10237
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Anyone know an addon that shows the durability/item level of an item that is in your bag or on your character dialog? ElvUI Advanced did this, but I don't know a stand alone addon that does the same thing.
    Fizzle @ wowace does rarity colouring for the border and durability of your equipped items as shown on the character sheet, but does not work for your inventory.
    oGlow @ wowinterface does the rarity colouring for much of the default UI.
    Perhaps using those two as a basis for a new addon might be an option should a standalone option not be found.

    I had completely forgotton about Fizzle before you mentioned this, but have since moved to a broker addon that displays the lowest durability of my equipped gear which I found to be a more useful indicator at a glance.

  18. #10238
    oGlow ftw, Haste simply makes the best shit there is.

  19. #10239
    Quote Originally Posted by lydude View Post
    Wow, can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Anyone know an addon that shows the durability/item level of an item that is in your bag or on your character dialog? ElvUI Advanced did this, but I don't know a stand alone addon that does the same thing.
    !InventoryItemLevels

  20. #10240
    Currently working on a while new UI, deleted everything, even my moonkin weakauras what was like 1000000000layers in size lol, Sent a PM to Nibelheim to see if i can use some of his textures.

    Always best to ask before you hack someones work to bits :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •