Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post

I really like the unit frames but the rest annoys me a bit, not sure how well the circles go with the rest of the UI - too many squares and rectangles.
    Had same issue and ended up using rounded textures for other unitframes to match the circles. Did it with only Stuf and custom textures though. (example)
    Now I've just given up and gone back to rectangular stuff, but in my ui download on wowinterface there's plenty of rounded/circular textures in the sharedmedia folder if you want to steal and try out like I did.

Nothing special. just for my own liking

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-08-21 at 08:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I need some help.

I'm currently into writing myself a new nameplate mod. That is due to the FPS drop issues that nameplates can cause.

Issue is described here:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...307#post283307

Here is what I got so far:

Addon: http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour...rNamePlateTest

I'm very happy with the current outcome. Changing the statusbar texture or statusbar sizes via config can change the whole look in seconds since the outer shadow is done via backdrop.

Where I need some suggestions is on the "threat glow".

Can anyone give a suggestion on where to put a threat glow texture?

I cannot add the color to the healthbar. I use the Blizzard nameplate healthbar and it gets updated every frame (for tabbed coloring and so on).
    So basically I need an idea for a threat glow texture and hopefully some of you can help.

What I thought about and what would be a nice counterpart to the "castbar shadow" is to put like the same texture under the unit name and just make it glow in bright red color.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-08-21 at 08:57 PM.

http://i.imgur.com/f6Xrx7K.jpg

still tinkering with it.

used oufmight for frames.

Not entirely satisfied. Still need to work some more on the boss bars and some minor tidbits here and there, but overall, I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Just redid mine the other day. a mage in the mage forums (cycobi) sort of gave me the inspiration to stop having an inefficient ui. everything is placed around the center of my screen where my eyes are.

http://i.imgur.com/owUYUpg.jpg <- in combat

http://i.imgur.com/1McqGgW.jpg <- out of combat

few things I changed since that in combat pic:
    the boss frames positioning so it isnt clipped by skada
    repositioned some of the bigwigs alerts
    repositioned the extra action button
    toggled off show keybinds.

I had to learn how to use weakauras in order to make it. It surprised me how powerful that addon is.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Can anyone give a suggestion on where to put a threat glow texture?

I cannot add the color to the healthbar. I use the Blizzard nameplate healthbar and it gets updated every frame (for tabbed coloring and so on).
    So basically I need an idea for a threat glow texture and hopefully some of you can help.

What I thought about and what would be a nice counterpart to the "castbar shadow" is to put like the same texture under the unit name and just make it glow in bright red color.
    Personally I loved having the threat glow as the border itself. I would probably put a border a couple of pixels wide around the health bar but keeping the rest of black shadow border around that too.

The castbar shadow works because the text is there and if it wasn't I think it would look strange. You could try the same texture above the health bar because the name is there so it would fit in better.

Deleted
    I cant understand how in some of the user interfaces people have just few skills in their bar. Every class has dozens of skills, some of them are not used I know but majority of them is used. So what is it with thise interfaces people have?

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Nothing special. just for my own liking

I really like the simplicity of this design, which unit frames are those?

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    Out-of-the-box ElvUI UnitFrames

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I cant understand how in some of the user interfaces people have just few skills in their bar. Every class has dozens of skills, some of them are not used I know but majority of them is used. So what is it with thise interfaces people have?
    You can have the abilities bound to a key and not visible on a bar; which basically means you still have access to using the ability, but it doesn't take up as much screen real estate. I'm personally not a fan of it, but to each his own ...
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I need some help.

I'm currently into writing myself a new nameplate mod. That is due to the FPS drop issues that nameplates can cause.

Here is what I got so far:

-snip-
    Looks great. I like the simplicity.
    Any plans on making dots/debuffs show?

Quote Originally Posted by Xol View Post
    entire UI is based on elvui + some tweaks, as i say to anyone who likes my UIs i can gladly pack em down and send. just PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    Some people are very good at being able to bind skills to keys, such that they do not need a visual button to click.
    Some such as mounts, professions, portals/teleports etc do not need timers or cooldowns displayed.
    Abilities without a cooldown, spammable fillers etc also have no need for a cooldown display.

Addons such as Opie allow a "clickable" interface sort of for groups of buttons, so taking stuff off the action bars and hidden from view until you want it.
    Also there can be action bars visible only on mouseover, typically on one side of the screen.

I'm getting close to finishing my new mage UI:

The main bit of sparklies around the big thing between player and target frames is dedicated to the bombs. I think the bombs adds a lot of aesthetic flavour to your talents so it's nice to have them really visible. The small circles above that are other rotation stuff (for fire it's heating up and pyro!, and for arcane it's missiles stacks, etc). And ofc on the arcane the big number is arcane stacks. Talents screen is just a version of my resto druid's UI setup.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2013-08-23 at 06:32 AM.

I like what you got there. Curious what it looks like OOC?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I'm getting close to finishing my new mage UI:

The main bit of sparklies around the big thing between player and target frames is dedicated to the bombs. I think the bombs adds a lot of aesthetic flavour to your talents so it's nice to have them really visible. The small circles above that are other UI stuff (for fire it's heating up and pyro!, and for arcane it's missiles stacks, etc). And ofc on the arcane the big number is arcane stacks. Talents screen is just a version of my resto druid's UI setup.
    Looks great. Can't wait until you release it (or so I hope)! Would love to use that for my mage and monk.

guys, what is a good addon to replace the blizzard standard buff bar, that can also work with masque (if there is one)? if not, what is still a good addon? also, is there a plug-in so masque can work with skada? if not, what is a great addon to add skins around it? <~ sounding so redundant, i know.

btw, kaitain, that setup you have going on looks amazing! great job, bud!

Raven is the current go-to for all things buff related (unless you want something specific, like weak auras, for all of it's added functionality).

It's extremely customizable and includes full masque support.

Kait - That is an absolutely gorgeous UI. I really applaud your efforts with Weak Auras and it really makes me want to build a pure custom one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    Raven is the current go-to for all things buff related (unless you want something specific, like weak auras, for all of it's added functionality).

It's extremely customizable and includes full masque support.

Kait - That is an absolutely gorgeous UI. I really applaud your efforts with Weak Auras and it really makes me want to build a pure custom one myself.
    yeah, i was starting to get frustrated trying to find one, so i was seconds from just building something with WA.

i had no idea raven handled player auras too; thanks man.

what can i use to build a skin for skada?