Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I'm getting close to finishing my new mage UI:

[snip]
    That is so ridiculously sexy it should be illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

The main bit of sparklies around the big thing between player and target frames is dedicated to the bombs. I think the bombs adds a lot of aesthetic flavour to your talents so it's nice to have them really visible. The small circles above that are other rotation stuff (for fire it's heating up and pyro!, and for arcane it's missiles stacks, etc). And ofc on the arcane the big number is arcane stacks. Talents screen is just a version of my resto druid's UI setup.
    Soooooo nice UI, hoping for upload .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Personally I loved having the threat glow as the border itself. I would probably put a border a couple of pixels wide around the health bar but keeping the rest of black shadow border around that too.

The castbar shadow works because the text is there and if it wasn't I think it would look strange. You could try the same texture above the health bar because the name is there so it would fit in better.
    You are right. It's perfect now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Trying to work on my Unit Frames. I came up with a new concept and I know it is not exactly what you meant but I managed to combine the cast bar into the portrait if I have it as a bar. I usually hate portraits as a bar instead of square. Not really sure if its an improvement or not. It has however removed the blank space at the top for where the cast bar use to be positioned.

The bottom 2 look more complicated because of my spells and class timers on top so keep that in mind. The Player frame also has a much larger height for the mana bar and a shorter height for the health bar since this is my Healing layout for my UI and so far I have found it more useful since Grid Raid Frames show my health anyway and never really use my Unit Frames to gather than information.

The Top image is the old style and bottom 2 is the new with the bottom one using a cast bar:

The image on the left does work when you click it but the thumbnail is not loading due to a strange error.
    Hey Pharrax,
    Could you PM/post screenshot of your SUF settings, because i have been fiddling around with it a lot and I can't seem to get it right.
    (I am referring to the look of the second option).
    I know your UI is up for download, but then i would have to delete and reinstall all my own addons (which took me hours to configure).

Here's mine - just Skullflower's Elv edit with NTK, MSBT, BigWigs, SexyCooldowns2 and WeakAuras.

(I noticed that there were still debuffs under the UFs - removed. I like the SexyCooldowns method much better.)
    Last edited by Prag; 2013-08-26 at 12:45 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started working on UI again after a break from playing.

Pretty barebones atm.

Last edited by OriginalVocalMix; 2013-08-26 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Here's my UI:

OOC:

Raid:

Not quite sure what to do with the bars on the side. Kinda dislike their positioning. Feedback/ideas much appreciated.

Also, of course I should remove the raidbarthingie at the left side. Don't even use it so there's no purpose for using it.

Oh, and credit goesout to jeremypwnz, since I kinda stole his rActionbuttonstyler and rBuffframestyler layouts (hope that's ok).
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-08-26 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reizenstyle View Post
    Not quite sure what to do with the bars on the side. Kinda dislike their positioning. Feedback/ideas much appreciated. .
    Show on mouseover? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Reizenstyle View Post
    Here's my UI:.
    so much clutter, as Thirteen said. mouse over on side bars.

do u need Threat meter as healer?

scale down healing/damage windows, only relevant after combat so u can even have ot on "dont show in combat"

raid cds: u need that looong bars after the icons? just settle with timer.

scale down your minimap

get Errorfilter to hide the "spell not ready yet".

scale down tooltip box and put in right corner if decide to hide hps/dps in combat..

scale down debuff size on target (hostile) can keep it on friendly targets since its useful as healer.

some "feedback" i suppose
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    picture
    Looks awesome. Something I'd use myself if I were still playing. HeadLine was always bugging and way out of date. I've have always been a fan of your work. If I were never introduced to UI customization I'd be using RothUI 24/7. I always use it when I do play and don't have a UI saved though for a short period of time.

I'd love to take RothUI and mess around with it to copy the GW2 UI in WoW. I think that'd be an amazing UI to use personally.

The main bit of sparklies around the big thing between player and target frames is dedicated to the bombs. I think the bombs adds a lot of aesthetic flavour to your talents so it's nice to have them really visible. The small circles above that are other rotation stuff (for fire it's heating up and pyro!, and for arcane it's missiles stacks, etc). And ofc on the arcane the big number is arcane stacks. Talents screen is just a version of my resto druid's UI setup.
    I love this UI. It would be awesome if you could release it. Would love to use this on my mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegss View Post
    This is the latest of mine, using Affiniti's Raid Frames from his UI, with a little change to my liking. (This screenshot was taken while I was still setting up the Ui, so binds etc haven't been set and a few others things have changed slightly too.)
    Hey, which skin do you use for your skillbars?

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    -snip-
    I kinda wish that you'd update the ouf_simple codebase with most of the code you have on ouf_Diablo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Royco View Post
    Hey Pharrax,
    Could you PM/post screenshot of your SUF settings, because i have been fiddling around with it a lot and I can't seem to get it right.
    (I am referring to the look of the second option).
    I know your UI is up for download, but then i would have to delete and reinstall all my own addons (which took me hours to configure).
    If you just want the settings of one particular addon such as SUF then you could just grab the Saved settings to that one addon by downloading my UI and going to WTF/account/ACCOUNTNAME/SavedVariables/ and copy the ShadowedUnitFrames.lua file and placing it in your own WTF folder in your own SavedVariables folder. Would that not be a simpler alternative rather than having me screenshot hundreds of pictures showing each setting on each page? If you need help with anything do not hesitate to ask me again. Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Best UI I have seen you create yet and is the first UI that inspires me into wanting to drastically change my UI or make a whole new one. Very good job and would love to try it out. I love unique graphic designs in UI's which is why I never have considered using ElvUI as I find it too dull. Great work!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    If you just want the settings of one particular addon such as SUF then you could just grab the Saved settings to that one addon by downloading my UI and going to WTF/account/ACCOUNTNAME/SavedVariables/ and copy the ShadowedUnitFrames.lua file and placing it in your own WTF folder in your own SavedVariables folder. Would that not be a simpler alternative rather than having me screenshot hundreds of pictures showing each setting on each page? If you need help with anything do not hesitate to ask me again. Hope that helps.
    Tried it , didn't work. Doesn't seem to pick up your profile. I took your .lua and copied it into my own, but no profile. :s
    Btw it's only like 5-6 screenshots I need (only need player/target frame), but if you can help me with why it doesn't pick up your settings I would be satisfied aswell .

Tried to recreate Fuji UI but in my own way.

Out of combat healing self with focus set:

In combat on training dummy:

In 40 man raid (nameplates hadn't been fixed yet):

The raid frames look different for 10 man and parties, like Fuji UI did.

All I need to do is tweak DBM, fix the class color in my nameplates, and hide the Blizzard raid frame thing on the side. I think I am going to switch to a monochrome outline for the text possibly, but in game it looks a lot better than the screenshots show it, and possibly switch my chat and quest text.

Deleted
    Looks really good, but i dont understand how people can like Pixil Fonts like this :|

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Looks really good, but i dont understand how people can like Pixil Fonts like this :|
    Yeah, I would never lose that much convenience and functionality trying to make a minimalistic and eye-pleasing UI. But I guess it comes down to what kind of player you are. Casual players can probably get away with it, but hardcore raiders not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Thanks! It looks a lot easier to read in game, here is a better quality screenshot of the raid shot:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...813_065330.jpg

I also changed the castbar color for my frame and target and such to see the text better.

Sigh.

If you are LOSING convenience and functionality when modifying your Ui, you're doing it wrong regardless of its a minimal Ui or not.
    This design mistake can be made just as easily when attempting to create a non-minimal Ui.
    Adding TOO MUCH into an interface also serves as a loss to convenience and functionality when you have to search through all the information your screen is throwing at you to find what you're looking for.

One person's needs are different than another person's needs for performance.
    If a DPSer can get away with showing just an enemy target plate, a cooldown addon, and DBM then they could potentially have only 3 elements showing on screen and still have everything they require to max dps and stay out of fire.

Throughout my many years of messing around with this game's Ui, I have found that (in general) people THINK they need WAY more information available to them at any given time than they actually do.

/rant