Thread: Post Your UI

Not all my NTK timers are showing but, yeah this is mine. Might make a few tweak but atm pretty happy with it.

http://i.imgur.com/OrwnOH5.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Hold on. You have a) Huge ass buttons for all your abilities. Then b) Weak aura strings for each ofthose abilities and then c) right next to that clc for those exact same abilities? You don't think that's just a tiny bit overkill?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Hold on. You have a) Huge ass buttons for all your abilities. Then b) Weak aura strings for each ofthose abilities and then c) right next to that clc for those exact same abilities? You don't think that's just a tiny bit overkill?
    I could probably get rid of the Theck Priority WeakAuras, true. They are only there because the big buttons are towards the bottom of the screen, so I find myself glancing down to notice the cooldown progress, so that's a second or two that I'm not looking at the middle of the screen. Still need to experiment as in the past I relied on CLCProt and I felt it made me weaker overall so I've been trying to wean myself off of relying on an addon to tell me what button to hit next.

The other set of Weak Auras (the second row) is the cooldown progress on my defensive cooldowns, since those buttons are faded out and extremely hard to notice if the ability is ready or not, and hen the big bars are for the actual "This cooldown is active" time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I could probably get rid of the Theck Priority WeakAuras, true. They are only there because the big buttons are towards the bottom of the screen, so I find myself glancing down to notice the cooldown progress, so that's a second or two that I'm not looking at the middle of the screen. Still need to experiment as in the past I relied on CLCProt and I felt it made me weaker overall so I've been trying to wean myself off of relying on an addon to tell me what button to hit next.

The other set of Weak Auras (the second row) is the cooldown progress on my defensive cooldowns, since those buttons are faded out and extremely hard to notice if the ability is ready or not, and hen the big bars are for the actual "This cooldown is active" time.
    If it was me I'd get rid of clc and the weak auras ( the ones for cs/as/j/hw/conc ). scale down the actual action buttons and then move them up in place of the weak auras (and you can keep the cd ones below if you like).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoraphobic View Post

Probably not most peoples cup of tea, but I like it.

Got some weakauras set up for all temp buffs too, LMG, zerking bl pot SLT etc that aren't showing in that
    doesnt matter. its your UI you have to play with it if you can - fine. Many People use pretty UIs because they look good but thats not realy important

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Modified from frantik's UI. I liked the concept of it, but needed to be able to track my chi and energy and I couldn't figure out where to put them and make them look nice in the weakaura group.

Will post a in combat screenshot as soon as I get into LFR on the PTR.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-09-01 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Thanks Lyn. I assume you mean the headline font (CoolDog it's called). Nobody could hate Helvetica and Gotham :-)

The original idea with using that font was to add some cartoony sort of flavour to go hand in hand with the ink splat motifs. On the target frame I think it works well, but on the talents panel I don't like it. I might just remove it from there. And ye the whole idea came from the superb UI in Borderlands 2. I played that game a lot after quitting raiding a few months ago, and I remember thinking that Blizzard's UI guys really haven't done a very inspiring job over the years (unlike their other art teams). I certainly wouldn't hire many of their UI designers anyways. Thank god for the UI community, or I'd have quit wow after TBC :-)
    Yeah the headline font was the one I meant. I mean a cartoony one is not bad, but somehow this one is ... too much. But sadly I have no alternative in mind atm.
    Oh yes, BL2 has an awesome UI. I would build one in WoW if I would still play. Sadly even the UI community couldn't stop me from quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Work in progress:

http://youtu.be/6r0kdKyZLb8
    Pretty awesome, except the font.
    oh, honey.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Updated it a bit more. Thanks frantik for the chi/energy bar.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-09-02 at 12:06 AM.

Changed a few things since I last posted. I still have to change some other stuff like the width of the threat bar and some fonts.

http://i.cubeupload.com/GwMpeq.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by scrable View Post
    Changed a few things since I last posted. I still have to change some other stuff like the width of the threat bar and some fonts.

http://i.cubeupload.com/GwMpeq.jpg
    dat font

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Pretty awesome, except the font.
    Do you have any font recommendations?

I will flay your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Do you have any font recommendations?
    Friz Quadrata TT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Friz Quadrata TT
    I'm pretty sure that FQTT is the font that Lyn is referring to. You seem to be using 2 different fonts in the video, the other being Expressway RG. I'd use that as your universal font for everything, rather than having it only for some things. If you want font suggestions, just go to a site like dafont or ufonts and find a nicely proportioned sans-serif font. Expressway is a nice font anyway and is why I suggest you just use that, since you are already using it for some things like timers.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    I'm pretty sure that FQTT is the font that Lyn is referring to. You seem to be using 2 different fonts in the video, the other being Expressway RG. I'd use that as your universal font for everything, rather than having it only for some things. If you want font suggestions, just go to a site like dafont or ufonts and find a nicely proportioned sans-serif font. Expressway is a nice font anyway and is why I suggest you just use that, since you are already using it for some things like timers.
    Ah yes, well I already am using Expressway on Reposed, (Soul - the one in the video - I only use for testing out UI tweaks, so yes, the font is varied on that one, my bad.)

I will flay your mind.

Server was down when I logged on tonight, so I thought I'd see how fast I could make a basic levelling UI with Stuf. Took about an hour.

Player buffs aren't showing (they'd be by the minimap above the debuffs, but I don't think level 10 hunters have any buffs).
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2013-09-02 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Server was down when I logged on tonight, so I thought I'd see how fast I could make a basic levelling UI with Stuf. Took about an hour.

Player buffs aren't showing (they'd be by the minimap above the debuffs, but I don't think level 10 hunters have any buffs).
    Attractive. What are the two brown boxes tracking on either side of the unit frames?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Looks like pet health

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Attractive. What are the two brown boxes tracking on either side of the unit frames?
    Left one is Pet and right one is TargetOfTarget. I guess ToT should probably have a name label. I didn't think of that..

My "UI" (more like my TellMeWhen config) in action:
    http://www.twitch.tv/einea5mk/c/2667204

It's a video highlighted from my low-bandwidth stream. (Dont worry, that background shows only in my stream if I change the Scene. )

Quote Originally Posted by omgphatloots View Post
    Are you using one of Hal's textures for your nameplate bars?
    Rob???????