Thread: Post Your UI

Well done all it is indeed inspired by Zhinn the ex-Paragon player! His POVs got me into raid healing so was fitting really. Name is just me generally fanboying (and struggling for a decent name on a realm as populated as mine). I've since made a few adjustments making Grid smaller and sorting out my action bars a little bit.

@Carebear - What do you mean by clean the minimap up? Like using QuseMap addon?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    @Carebear - What do you mean by clean the minimap up? Like using QuseMap addon?
    Any map addon really. It just seems strange to see the UI with default artwork on the minimap and actionbars and all the extra little tid bits around it that aren't needed. You could go just that little bit further and have an extremely simple UI but it's totally up to you.

Also you have two extra debuffs sticking out compared to the width of your target frame! D:

Yes but that's as I'm trying to be as addon-less as I possibly can! I could install Bartender4 and hide absolutely everything save for like 5 CDs and a nice shiny minimap but then I have more addons than needed :P I've also edited the debuffs as it was really annoying me too haha, had to fiddle for a while to get them to the correct row number.

Here's my old healing UI. That's more minimal: http://imageshack.us/a/img802/2038/holyui3.jpg

Edit: Saying that I could hide every action bar and just show some weak auras for important CDs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Mostly default UI with some minor improvements to please the eye.

I love those tooltips!

My standard UI:

I'm not fond of UI addons. They make the UI feel weird to me. Only ones I'm using are moveanything to increase the size of the unitframes and move the resource bars, OmniCC and sArena.

For those who wonder, that arena game was the second most frustrating arena game I've done thus far. Stopped the warlock his gateway, tried to go lock but the boomkin -literally- outhealed my damage as if it was nothing. Everytime I went on the boomkin, the lock went FULL peel mode, everytime I went on lock boomkin went full heal mode. Didn't matter if I CCed a lot because cenarian ward literally kept healing either of them to full. Did win eventually, though. But it was still really annoying.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-10-11 at 08:38 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Yes but that's as I'm trying to be as addon-less as I possibly can! I could install Bartender4 and hide absolutely everything save for like 5 CDs and a nice shiny minimap but then I have more addons than needed :P I've also edited the debuffs as it was really annoying me too haha, had to fiddle for a while to get them to the correct row number.

Here's my old healing UI. That's more minimal: http://imageshack.us/a/img802/2038/holyui3.jpg

Edit: Saying that I could hide every action bar and just show some weak auras for important CDs
    Not that's fine it's perfectly up to you. It is your UI afterall (:

What you could do is add some lines of code to a current Addon to remove the minimap icons so that it is just a simple circular minimap with mouse zoom and right click calendar or left click search for example. You could also do the same to remove the art from the original actionbars and it wouldn't add an actual addon to your list.

In my UI I had one addon that included over 20 different fixes and minor tweaks that were included in other addons but weren't actually needed as a standalone addon. (Please note I never actually released this addon when I uploaded my UI becaues of it being other peoples work and code found on the internet).

That is if you actually want to remove the art and the icons, totally your call.
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-10-11 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    @ Care
    Dont we all know it.
    ive been attempting to sort out your old ui careui v2 you have on wowinterface. for ever and a day. spent 3 months so far trying to make it work and update the addons.
    headline i cannot work out and ouf seen as the latest ouf_quilight has none of the same settings lol. i quit my raiding guild to have time to work on this project and the only result i have managed to get is a broken logitec G15 keyboard as i smashed my fist on it a little too hard out of frustration.

how the hell you have made the latest ouf_quilight into the frames you have is beyond me.
    if by any slim chance at all you know what to change in the damn ouf_Quilight to get your old careui unit frames. please for the love of god tell me before i end up breaking some more expensive equipment lol.

Qudos to you tho mate. you really have come a long way since SR days. your ui, both old and your latest are true works of art. Well done

- an old warlock you use to play with :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That is if you actually want to remove the art and the icons, totally your call.
    Unless they changed it, I think removing the action bar art is a matter of ~6 lines of code, so doing this instead of using a full action bar addon would definitely be a simpler solution.

I'm fairly sure you'd only need to hide the textures on login. Should be simple enough.

Deleted
    heres a question.
    i have an old ouf layout. ive updated to the current Ouf Core.
    and im wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. as im lost at were to start
    none of the units spawn. with the latest ouf core. but they give me zero errors. which tells me the code is so wrong wow does not recognize it.
    so my question would be... Where do i start and is there someone that can point me in the right direction?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    heres a question.
    i have an old ouf layout. ive updated to the current Ouf Core.
    and im wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. as im lost at were to start
    none of the units spawn. with the latest ouf core. but they give me zero errors. which tells me the code is so wrong wow does not recognize it.
    so my question would be... Where do i start and is there someone that can point me in the right direction?
    Try this. Its one of my oUF Layouts, dated 28-05-13. I'm not sure which and can't check as I have no installation. Let me know how it goes. It's a heavily edited of a very old oUF_Qulight.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5r...oUF_Layout.zip

As for Headline a nice guy has been updating it through the comments on wowinterface. You can find the most updated version here: https://code.google.com/p/headline-m...downloads/list
    Last edited by Hulari; 2013-10-11 at 03:14 PM.

Deleted
    Try this. Its one of my oUF Layouts, dated 28-05-13. I'm not sure which and can't check as I have no installation. Let me know how it goes. It's a heavily edited of a very old oUF_Qulight.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5r...oUF_Layout.zip

As for Headline a nice guy has been updating it through the comments on wowinterface. You can find the most updated version here: https://code.google.com/p/headline-m...downloads/list
    Thanks mate the unit frames you sent me are 2 huge basicallly paralell lines with what looks like a similar font ur using now.
    but i can tweak around in libs.lua to correct this aswell as cfg.lua and core.lua i have a playground i can work with as updating your old layout to ouf 1.6.xx is impossible..

will post screenies when i get home. you once again are my hero

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korallis View Post
    Thanks mate the unit frames you sent me are 2 huge basicallly paralell lines with what looks like a similar font ur using now.
    Was it this one, or similar? http://i.imgur.com/taBb7o4.jpg Excuse the quality.

Deleted
    Was it this one, or similar? http://i.imgur.com/taBb7o4.jpg Excuse the quality.
    similar but the bars were alot fatter. and a different texture :P gimmie 5 mins and il edit with a screenshot

- - - Updated - - -

these are the ones you sent me

Progress So far

Last edited by mmoc9c3f06d778; 2013-10-11 at 07:35 PM.

Deleted

Elvui
    Weakauras
    DBM
    Grid2 (above the trade chat)
    Skada

Works for me
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-10-11 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I'm not fond of UI addons. They make the UI feel weird to me. Only ones I'm using are moveanything to increase the size of the unitframes and move the resource bars, OmniCC and sArena.
    I've often considered using a "stock" UI with some tweaks for QoL purposes (either addons like OmniCC or custom addons/tweaks like those found on ArenaJunkies). I've been playing around with a UI like that on the PTR and other than a couple of things it works pretty well, but not sure how I would really feel with it since it's been so long since I've used the default look and feel that I almost think I'm more used to a UI that skins everything.

One of these days I might need to experiment with it again, giving myself some strict UI guidelines such as:

* Not allowed to use anything that skins/changes the Blizzard look and feel other than functionality built in (e.g. removing the gryphons is okay, using something like Aurora that changes how windows looks is not)
    * Fonts must be the default allowed and/or not look "out of place" in the UI (e.g. no pixel fonts)
    * All addons must look as though they are part of the default UI except where it's not possible to skin them in that fashion

I think it could actually work out and give a very lightweight but functional UI.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I've often considered using a "stock" UI with some tweaks for QoL purposes (either addons like OmniCC or custom addons/tweaks like those found on ArenaJunkies). I've been playing around with a UI like that on the PTR and other than a couple of things it works pretty well, but not sure how I would really feel with it since it's been so long since I've used the default look and feel that I almost think I'm more used to a UI that skins everything.

One of these days I might need to experiment with it again, giving myself some strict UI guidelines such as:

* Not allowed to use anything that skins/changes the Blizzard look and feel other than functionality built in (e.g. removing the gryphons is okay, using something like Aurora that changes how windows looks is not)
    * Fonts must be the default allowed and/or not look "out of place" in the UI (e.g. no pixel fonts)
    * All addons must look as though they are part of the default UI except where it's not possible to skin them in that fashion

I think it could actually work out and give a very lightweight but functional UI.
    Neal worked a concept like this for a few years. Unsure if he's still around, but his UI is still on WoWInterface.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    Neal worked a concept like this for a few years. Unsure if he's still around, but his UI is still on WoWInterface.
    NeavUI as it's called is what the default UI should be.

Obble had a good UI too using the same scheme and I am a fan of keeping the original skins and making a UI look like it's the original WoW UI. I just always sucked at incorporating skins into my UI other than pixel or shadow borders.

Here's Obble's UI : http://s.cdn.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw21257.jpg

Didn't include a combat/raid shot last time so here we go!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2uf7w9t.jpg

^^ idel

http://i41.tinypic.com/eqdvh1.jpg

^^ raid

http://i41.tinypic.com/25is0a9.jpg

^^ another raid shot..

probably not the best looking healer UI but it works for me for now lol.

Deleted
    NeavUI as it's called is what the default UI should be.

Obble had a good UI too using the same scheme and I am a fan of keeping the original skins and making a UI look like it's the original WoW UI. I just always sucked at incorporating skins into my UI other than pixel or shadow borders.

Here's Obble's UI : link removed
    Obble had a few very good ideas that all played on this theme. His minimap ideas were super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    Didn't include a combat/raid shot last time so here we go!

link removed
    Your experience(?) bar looks really weird when the statusbar texture overlaps the border.

Your DBM timers look a bit out of place too, but otherwise it seems fairly solid. I'd try to get them in line with your raid frames.

Also, although this is obviously personal preference, I'd tone down the opacity on the portraits as I think they stand out a bit too much.