Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Why thank you Mr Drayarr

Im having to use 2 mods to get the frames working (Weakauras and STUF) its probs abit over the top to use two :P but its now i can make it work as im poo at coding on other unitframes mods. Im *Almost* done on the druid unitframe now.

-Snip-
    That looks really nice! New to making my own UI, is that built off a pre-existing unit frame mod? If so, can you share the name?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Xedd View Post
    That looks really nice! New to making my own UI, is that built off a pre-existing unit frame mod? If so, can you share the name?

Thanks!
    The unitframe design was by BellaBella a few pages back (a few post back you can see it aswell where i made some edits), the unitframe mod itself is STUF Unitframes, The health and mana bar is from that mod, the border and eclipse bar is made useing Weakauras 2.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i'd like to add this style unit frame to my ui, but i'm not sure what addon it is:

i'd also like to add a party/raid frame addon that can look and work similar to elv/tukui with how the frames resize/move with party/raid size. any suggestions?

thanks!
    Looks like http://www.wowinterface.com/download...38-SainUI.html

The unitframe design was by BellaBella a few pages back (a few post back you can see it aswell where i made some edits), the unitframe mod itself is STUF Unitframes, The health and mana bar is from that mod, the border and eclipse bar is made useing Weakauras 2.
    Im looking forward to seeing what you can do with the rest of the frames :O

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Im looking forward to seeing what you can do with the rest of the frames :O

So far iv done Moonkin and resto (Where moonkin bar is, it turns into a grene bar to show harmony) atm im doing warlock and working on Burning embers. as it dont work to great with WAs im making it change BG colour depending on how many you have. I probs will only do some classes i have. As doing every class and spec will take ages xD

Edit - Thought id show the bars i said about. These where taken ingame so colours and looks might change. was just a test really ^^

Last edited by Shyzhi; 2013-10-19 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    If you do everything correctly, you should get my settings and everything very easily. You just need to go to the addons' settings and switch the profiles correctly, if i remember correctly.
    If you cba Alzu, you should consider using Reflux for your settings and then just do a /reflux switch alzu

So far iv done Moonkin and resto (Where moonkin bar is, it turns into a grene bar to show harmony) atm im doing warlock and working on Burning embers. as it dont work to great with WAs im making it change BG colour depending on how many you have. I probs will only do some classes i have. As doing every class and spec will take ages xD

Edit - Thought id show the bars i said about. These where taken ingame so colours and looks might change. was just a test really ^^

These are looking awesome. I cant wait to see a finished product!

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally remembered to take a screenshot last night when we were getting some more shadowfrost shards. I've been thinking of getting rid of some of the abilities on my bar (like pestilence, death coil, etc because I have them keybound via Bindpad anyway, I don't click them), but otherwise let me know what you think!

http://i.imgur.com/8u7yIwc.jpg

10+ Year Old Account

-snip-
    Love love love. I never thought about using WA for the health bars, I may do that instead of messing with stuf.

Also, here is a pastebin of all of the color codes that I made (: http://pastebin.com/TNRbq9td

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    Love love love. I never thought about using WA for the health bars, I may do that instead of messing with stuf.

Also, here is a pastebin of all of the color codes that I made (: http://pastebin.com/TNRbq9td
    As I understood it he was just using WA for class resources and things, not health bars. If you're good with Stuf and know tricks like using blank texts for lines/boxes, there is hardly any reason to use WA for a health bar other than things like wanting the HP to show an opaque deficit but transparent positive.

I'll wait for your unit frames to change the ones I already have (pitbull) !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    As I understood it he was just using WA for class resources and things, not health bars. If you're good with Stuf and know tricks like using blank texts for lines/boxes, there is hardly any reason to use WA for a health bar other than things like wanting the HP to show an opaque deficit but transparent positive.
    Aye, i only used weakauras for the resources, Eclipse, Soul shards and so on, the "gray" background is also weakauras. i did try useing wPanels but the panels wouldnt lock to the frames or vanish when no one was targeted, WA's seemed to be the only thing that worked. Atm im working on fixing the layering system as some things are set as high or even tooltip and it can mess with other parts of a UI. just need to make sure its all layered correctly and can use "inhertit" more :P so far druid, warlock, paladin(one thing..) is one. im gonna start monk but as of the talent making it go from 3 - 4 chi im might have to make there resource 3/4 times lol just to show one thing nicely xD

Aye, i only used weakauras for the resources, Eclipse, Soul shards and so on, the "gray" background is also weakauras. i did try useing wPanels but the panels wouldnt lock to the frames or vanish when no one was targeted, WA's seemed to be the only thing that worked. Atm im working on fixing the layering system as some things are set as high or even tooltip and it can mess with other parts of a UI. just need to make sure its all layered correctly and can use "inhertit" more :P so far druid, warlock, paladin(one thing..) is one. im gonna start monk but as of the talent making it go from 3 - 4 chi im might have to make there resource 3/4 times lol just to show one thing nicely xD
    Glad you are still progressing! Any current WIP Screens?
    With WA'a can you get it to "if" the talent then you could have 2 monk bars, one that shows with the talent and one without - so you could get around having to leave it partially filled?
    Im sure there's a setting to only load if talent is selected. You probably thought of all this already though
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-10-21 at 02:53 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Glad you are still progressing! Any current WIP Screens?
    With WA'a can you get it to "if" the talent then you could have 2 monk bars, one that shows with the talent and one without - so you could get around having to leave it partially filled?
    Im sure there's a setting to only load if talent is selected. You probably thought of all this already though
    Yes you can and its what i will be doing ^^

Deleted
    I'm currently experimenting with unitframes that look like this:

*screenshot was not using monochrome font setting

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oUF_Ascii.html

Currently we have 3 power bars and all have to be displayed sort of.
    - the default power bar (mana, rage, nrg)
    - the class power bar (spec-bar)
    - the alternative power bar (encounter-bar)

Alternative power and spec power bar are mostly player related. Some bosses actually have one aswell (Onyxia and Deathwing) but there are very few.

So for the player frame that would be health, power, spec-power and alt-power. Both spec and altpower are optional bars.
    For the target frame we have health, power and combo points. Vehicles can have combo points so anyone can have it.

Currently I'm tinkering with a way of displaying all those bars.

Not to forget about the castbar and different layout templates for party/raid.

Sth like
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-10-22 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    This is what I've been working on since I came back to WoW about a month ago. It's based on an old UI by Zagrei that I recreated using mostly oUF and zork's AddOns.

Thinking of maybe uploading it as I've had a few requests already, but I dunno since there are so many modified AddOns. Maybe with a disclaimer telling users to report bugs on my page only.

Anyway, back to the UI. I'm not sure why the Daily Checklist frame is still shown even though I'm in combat. I could've sworn I hid it a few weeks ago. The DPS meter replaces the Minimap in combat (still playing around with this) and the chat fades out to 0.3 alpha. These ideas were all Zagrei's and is part of the reason I fell in love with his UIs back in WotLK.

There are also two different raid frame layouts, the screenshot only shows the Healer one. I'm also thinking of filtering Focus debuffs so it only shows my own, and maybe removing ToT debuffs. They're only there for dangerous stuff on tanks so it's a bit redundant when targetting allies. :/

The meters to the right of the centre block are threat meters.

EDIT: Holy batman boss frame

This isn't mine, but someone mentioned eclipse bar earlier. I got the Weakauras from this UI for the eclipse bar and customized them to my settings. If anyone would be interested in the strings I'd more than happily give them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UccpT9ZBgY8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    i'd like to add this style unit frame to my ui, but i'm not sure what addon it is:

i'd also like to add a party/raid frame addon that can look and work similar to elv/tukui with how the frames resize/move with party/raid size. any suggestions?

thanks!
    I liked this and made these with Stuf, for the border I used Fer12 from ferous mediapack.
    hope this helps you in finding what you're after

Deleted
    Wildbreath had a good idea on the oUF_Ascii front. To stay in theme I could do sth like this:

Code:

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

░░░░░░░░░░

==========

||||||||||

Basically you use specific character signs to fake a statusbar and with colors you can actually trick the eye.
    Plus fonts have an easy time doing outline/backdrops.

Result (upper half is normal font-weight, lower half used bold):

So it actually does work and looks pretty good aswell.

Font used is Courier New. Font has to be monospace.

You can make some really impressive looking statusbars that way.

Additionally we have this little thing right here:
    http://wowprogramming.com/docs/widge...nce/SetSpacing

So one can actually adjust the space between each sign easily.

A font test can be done here:
    http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=...1103%3B&fpp=50
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-22 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    This is what I've been working on since I came back to WoW about a month ago. It's based on an old UI by Zagrei that I recreated using mostly oUF and zork's AddOns.

Thinking of maybe uploading it as I've had a few requests already, but I dunno since there are so many modified AddOns. Maybe with a disclaimer telling users to report bugs on my page only.

Anyway, back to the UI. I'm not sure why the Daily Checklist frame is still shown even though I'm in combat. I could've sworn I hid it a few weeks ago. The DPS meter replaces the Minimap in combat (still playing around with this) and the chat fades out to 0.3 alpha. These ideas were all Zagrei's and is part of the reason I fell in love with his UIs back in WotLK.

There are also two different raid frame layouts, the screenshot only shows the Healer one. I'm also thinking of filtering Focus debuffs so it only shows my own, and maybe removing ToT debuffs. They're only there for dangerous stuff on tanks so it's a bit redundant when targetting allies. :/

The meters to the right of the centre block are threat meters.

EDIT: Holy batman boss frame
    Wow...just...wow. Thats awesome! What screen reso are you playing on?

So many amazing ideas/ui's coming through in this thread.