Thread: Post Your UI

10+ Year Old Account

Still have lots of little things to fix.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    snip
    I wish I had your brain! The possibilities are endless (:

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    omg
    That is what i've searching for. Text lines only. This can be extremely awesome.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Wow...just...wow. Thats awesome! What screen reso are you playing on?

So many amazing ideas/ui's coming through in this thread.
    1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Rairu View Post
    Still have lots of little things to fix.
    Looks really good, the only thing I notice straight away is your damage meter lacking the monochrome flag. I'd also change the font of the tooltip and bigwigs to match the rest. I love the centre block and the colors.

What are the two icons in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I wish I had your brain! The possibilities are endless (:
    You don't say, it's ridiculous how creative he is.

@ Zorkie

Love this new project of yours <3

Would be interesting to see the use of plus (+) signs and minus (-) signs for a health bar if multiple symbols can be used for the same status bar.

- - - - + + + +

Or other combinations. Also, can this technique use hp thresh-hold coloring or only solid colors?

This type usage as a status bar would be pretty epic if you could use Dingbat fonts

Excited for updates

<3
    Ish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    Looks really good, the only thing I notice straight away is your damage meter lacking the monochrome flag. I'd also change the font of the tooltip and bigwigs to match the rest. I love the centre block and the colors.

What are the two icons in the middle?
    I'm using outline monochrome on skada so don't know what's up with that, probably the terrible picture quality.
    Don't know how to change elvui tooltip font without changing the general font in menus etc.

Two icons in the middle is AffDots, the one below is WeakAura for trinket proc.

Deleted
    I'm using outline monochrome on skada so don't know what's up with that, probably the terrible picture quality.
    Don't know how to change elvui tooltip font without changing the general font in menus etc.

Two icons in the middle is AffDots, the one below is WeakAura for trinket proc.
    Then it's the font shadow. I don't know how well versed you are with lua editting, but you can ctrl+f "SetShadowOffset" and set it to 0, 0. It looks like it's around 1, -1 right now if that helps. It's not like it stands out massively, so it's not a must change.

Is it trinket proc duration or trinket proc cooldown? I noticed that the timer above your unitframe has a different timer.

I don't know how to fiddle with ElvUI. But some elements do good with a less pixelated font, the tooltip is one of those for sure. Stuff you just have to glance at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    Is it trinket proc duration or trinket proc cooldown? I noticed that the timer above your unitframe has a different timer.
    The icon shows the stacks on the proc, the text above the icon shows the duration of the proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    As I understood it he was just using WA for class resources and things, not health bars. If you're good with Stuf and know tricks like using blank texts for lines/boxes, there is hardly any reason to use WA for a health bar other than things like wanting the HP to show an opaque deficit but transparent positive.
    Oh >-< My biggest issue was getting the correct dark class/power color in Stuf. I found the code to edit, but it's really just a "regular color x 0.6" or whatever. Also, making a kgpanel that changes based on class color, I have no idea how to write it.

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Deleted
    The icon shows the stacks on the proc, the text above the icon shows the duration of the proc.
    Ah, that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabella View Post
    Oh >-< My biggest issue was getting the correct dark class/power color in Stuf. I found the code to edit, but it's really just a "regular color x 0.6" or whatever. Also, making a kgpanel that changes based on class color, I have no idea how to write it.
    Does kgPanels support custom lua input?

local _, class = UnitClass("player")
    local color = (CUSTOM_CLASS_COLORS or RAID_CLASS_COLORS)[class or ""]
    self.bg:SetVertexColor(color.r, color.g, color.b, self.bg:GetAlpha())

EDIT: Fairly sure this would work.

EDIT#2: Changed second line in case custom class colors is present
    Last edited by mmocd31d5ad991; 2013-10-23 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtara View Post
    @ Zorkie

Love this new project of yours <3

Would be interesting to see the use of plus (+) signs and minus (-) signs for a health bar if multiple symbols can be used for the same status bar.

- - - - + + + +

Or other combinations. Also, can this technique use hp thresh-hold coloring or only solid colors?

This type usage as a status bar would be pretty epic if you could use Dingbat fonts

Excited for updates

<3
    Ish
    I'm working exactly on this - Ish you clearly have reading mind powers.

Since they're fonts and not statusbars, i's all about the postupdatehealth functions.

EDIT: colring partially the shape could be done, but only via XML i think (and i'm not skilled in that).

EDIT2: oUF_hank does something on the line; anyway the text is done via textures, so it's "easy" to make gradually filled . You cannot gradient color a single character (at least from what i'm trying now).

EDIT3: thanks to treeston and zork - scrollframe. Will definitely throw some code on this afternoon.

Guys, you just made me go wild on UIs and code like old days.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-23 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    About the ---------+++++++++ thing:

Pretty sure NiN, or Twin, or whatever his crazy name was, made a castbar in one of his UI's that used this principle. A looooooooooooooooong time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    About the ---------+++++++++ thing:

Pretty sure NiN, or Twin, or whatever his crazy name was, made a castbar in one of his UI's that used this principle. A looooooooooooooooong time ago.
    I think he's still around on WoWInterface too, atleast I saw him in a thread a few weeks ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elmachino View Post
    This is what i run with
    Some ppl may recognise it

I don't, but that's because i'm a creature of habit. However, new PC, new Screen, so time for a new UI. Could someone reply with an addon list or PM me them? Would be greatly appreciated

Long is the right word. :}

@zork, i really like the new ascii project.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Long is the right word. :}

@zork, i really like the new ascii project.
    Just to clear up again, are you NiN or not? Hell, was it even NiN (since NiN is the gamertag I used for years in CS myself ..). God making UI's been a long time.

Just to clear up again, are you NiN or not? Hell, was it even NiN (since NiN is the gamertag I used for years in CS myself ..). God making UI's been a long time.

Yep, im nin.

Deleted
    You can colorize strings to anything you want since you can use hexColors via:
    Code:
    local text = "Hello World."
    text = "|cFF00FFFF"..text.."|r I has no colorz." --text will be in aqua because the color is AARRGGBB = #00ffff
    fs:SetText(text)
    fs:SetTextColor(1,0,0)
    Result: "Hello World. I has no colorz."
    Same goes for the character signs. You can create a full string via loop. All you need are functions that react to a certain percentage.

Basically a string statusbar will know:
    - activeColor
    - activeSign
    - inactiveColor
    - inactiveSign
    - numChars (preferebly 10 if working with percentages or total number when working with stuff like combo points or soulshards)

OnEvent you calculate a new bar state and have a loop that creates your new text string. If a general function is not enough you just use a specific one.

I wrote a small color lib lately. It allows the transversion of colorA to colorB on a given percentage. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...udge.html#info. It is based on the HSV color calculation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_and_HSV. I use that already for the smooth color transition on the unit health value string.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-23 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Yep, im nin.
    That explains, had tons of fun fiddling with your ideas years ago. You still make UI's?

Didi this today, and thanks zork for the insipration.

Now it's all easy, since i have already the update methods working, i just need to create the handles to make a working layout.