Thread: Post Your UI

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raijinn View Post
    That is beautiful. Is that from ElvUI?
    Why does everyone always ask that? And no, put together from out of the box addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    5Still a WiP. I had my UI setup for Cata and I am in the midst of updating it for MoP.

What do you like? What don't you like?

Srry for the bad video quality, I will make a better one later when I have the time.
    i want your ui so much

Deleted
    My resto shaman ui

i.imgur.com/D0i4MdX.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Current WIP:

<snip>

Can't decide if I wanna go with a central color for unitframes or not. If done well it looks good. But I'm so tired of all the black and grey everyone uses.

As always, comments and critique welcome.
    Do you have a background on your pet and targettarget health bars? Otherwise it would be difficult to tell from just looking at the bars how much health those units are at when it's not full, because you don't have a clear marker for the maximum value. And then for visual consistency I would make every bar have a background (and/or border).

It would probably also both look and work better to consistently have the health text on each of your unit frames on the side closest to the center of the screen (meaning the right side for your pet and left for target and targettarget). It also looks like there's room to have the targettarget name text inside the frame and power text outside, like with the target frame, for consistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    Bartender with x-perl and some other addons, I'm not too happy with my UI, but can't find anything else I want to use. :3
    it's not about finding something else, your UI needs help with what you already have.
    All of those addons could make for a nicer UI just put the effort in.

Not all that much new as of yet. Not sure if I'm happy with Skada up in the left corner though... Can't really think of any better spot at the moment.

*edit*
    I know the dbm timers were messed up at the picture, it has been fixed up :P

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    Not all that much new as of yet. Not sure if I'm happy with Skada up in the left corner though... Can't really think of any better spot at the moment.

*edit*
    I know the dbm timers were messed up at the picture, it has been fixed up :P

Looks an awful lot like Care's UI O.o

That is because it is. I mentioned it last time I uploaded, but perhaps I should've mentioned it again :P sorry about that. It's my own rendition of Care's UI

http://i.imgur.com/itQgvkE.png

My new custom pokeUI on my enhance shaman.

Vulpix = Blood lust

Pikachu = Uptime on any stormlash active

Charizard = Counter for Flame shocks

Glowy pokeballs = My maelstrom stacks

Meowth = Just random cute

Deleted
    Updated my UI yesterday to incorporate a new layout for Healers. I've found myself healing a lot in LFR for the faster queues and sweet, sweet satchels so I felt I could spare the time. Grid was surprisingly cooperative.

http://fuskbugg.se/file/hgRRUy/WoWSc...413_003546.jpg

Otherwise it's mostly the same, I've moved the boss frames a bit to provide better multi-target dot tracking, which has now prompted a hunt for a better dot tracking addon than ForteXorcist now that I no longer need the multi-target functionality. I've yet to find one I truly like.
    I've also just added a bunch of WeakAuras and small addons for convenience (like BiggerTradeskillUI and OneClickEnchantScroll, what would I do without them)

Any CC is welcome.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    That is because it is. I mentioned it last time I uploaded, but perhaps I should've mentioned it again :P sorry about that. It's my own rendition of Care's UI
    Just downloaded WoW so I will be making something soon. I had to get a data retrieval program to retrieve a couple of addons I made that I can't live without and luckily they were retrievable!

Now I just need to re-download a load of addons and re-sub my account. I want to test SoO and the new isle for a little bit

The UI looks good, I would say sort out the DBM properly though. There's a few XML files floating around the internet that you can get to add pixel borders to the bars and re-position the text to make it look pretty. I'm sure someone has a copy of one somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    J
    The UI looks good, I would say sort out the DBM properly though. There's a few XML files floating around the internet that you can get to add pixel borders to the bars and re-position the text to make it look pretty. I'm sure someone has a copy of one somewhere!
    http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21090.html

Small addon to skin DBM. This is my version, but there are others - just provided a link of a functioning version (so this way you don't have o redo all your skin edits every time you update DBM).

EDIT: welcome back carebear!
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Current WIP:

Can't decide if I wanna go with a central color for unitframes or not. If done well it looks good. But I'm so tired of all the black and grey everyone uses.

As always, comments and critique welcome.
    Personally I am not convinced by the need for the floating combat text, as I think a rather more limited selection in a fixed region is far less intrusive and more informative.
    Even on the replacement there are too many numbers I don't think you need to see there.

A little bit inconsistent regarding borders, as some parts seem really crisp and others do not.
    The unitframes for instance may match the boss timers and the dps meters bars but the lack of borders then clashes I feel with the buff icons, minimap, broker display, etc and then the addon on the left is another one alltogether.

Much of that is only brought up because you approached the idea of a consistent theme.
    Really not a lot to pick fault with.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-11-14 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Just downloaded WoW so I will be making something soon.
    Best news I've heard in ages, Care! just back to make UIs or planning on raiding again?

I want to remake this, took a nostalgia trip through my screenshots folder and realised I want this UI back.

QuseUI from back in DS

Anyone care to help *looks at carebear*
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-11-14 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Anyone care to help *looks at carebear*
    With what?

Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    With what?
    Help me make that UI work again (screenshot in my last post)
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...28-QuseUI.html <-- theres the ui but its not been updated since last year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    Otherwise it's mostly the same, I've moved the boss frames a bit to provide better multi-target dot tracking, which has now prompted a hunt for a better dot tracking addon than ForteXorcist now that I no longer need the multi-target functionality. I've yet to find one I truly like.
    Have you tried EventHorizon? It's probably better suited for Shadow and Affliction than any other specs, but it displays information in a very smart way, with a limited number of fixed-time bars that are always in the same place.

wowinterface.com/downloads/info20728-QuseUI.html <-- theres the ui but its not been updated since last year
    Well, you already have on that info page a list of the addons used, as well as all the custom textures and such, and screenshots, which is everything you need to recreate it yourself as long as you're not afraid of spending a little time figuring out addon configuration menus (which are generally in the interface options or activated with /addonname). I think if you have questions about how to do specific things they would probably be better suited for their own thread, as opposed to the "Post Your UI" one.

Deleted
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...28-QuseUI.html <-- theres the ui but its not been updated since last year
    Oh, I thought you just wanted to remake it and was asking for help with bar textures and stuff like that. I could help if you'd like, just PM me with your questions and I'll do my best to answer. I'm sure Carebear can help aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Have you tried EventHorizon? It's probably better suited for Shadow and Affliction than any other specs, but it displays information in a very smart way, with a limited number of fixed-time bars that are always in the same place.
    I was actually a guest developer on EventHorizon back in WotLK, so I know it very well. It's just not what I'm looking for. The old ClassTimers fits the looks I want, but it's not as configurable as I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    I think if you have questions about how to do specific things they would probably be better suited for their own thread, as opposed to the "Post Your UI" one.
    Agreed, let's not derail much further!

My UI's core is still QuseUI although I've edited and swapped out several addons in the past year so I don't know if it's what you'd be looking for.

Changes I've done that I remember off the top of my head is
    - Damage meter changed to Skada
    - Action bars changed to Bartender
    - Unit frames moved around
    - Added absorb bar to player frame
    - Changed nameplates to pNameplates (with some minor lua edits)
    - Changed xCT to xCT+
    - Disabled damage/tank raid frames though that should be easy to retrieve from the lua again
    - Changed bag addon to Bagnon
    - I never used to RaidCD addon, so no idea if that is still working
    - Updated Freebtip (he had some lua edits in there that I didn't bring over to the updated version)
    - All timers above player frame is just my personal Weak Auras