Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    I'm thinking about adding the skin directly into BigWigs so you don't need ElvUI or the skin pack, we'll see how it goes next time I'm looking for something to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Yes please!
    If you're feeling brave you can try the latest BW alpha which has the Elv style without the requirement of having ElvUI or the skinning addon. It took me a few hours digging into the ElvUI code but I'm hoping the style looks exact same as the one provided by the skinning addon, whether the user is using Elv or not. The style in BW will overwrite the style provided by the Elv skinning addon so it's important it looks the same.
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, oRA3, SexyMap, [...]

DBM: 21.2 CPU/sec
    BW: 3.7 CPU/sec
    [Source]

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    Thanks! I will probably be including my SavedVariables folder with future posts, since I've found a convenient way of doing that now.

The placement of the bars on the right (cooldowns, I assume) seems a little arbitrary - are they lined up with anything, horizontally or vertically? Could they be? Same with the tooltip.

If http://i.imgur.com/46RhGFl.png is your own castbar, do you need the text on it? I usually have it disabled on account of that I know what I'm casting, and if you disabled the text you could move those icons down a bit. Are those icons cooldowns, too, by the way? How many groups of cooldown timers do you have?
    The bars on the right were bigwigs test bars just to show placement, I wasnt sure where to put the big bars
    I like having the name of the spell im casting on my cast bar

Hey guys; could use some critiques on my current UI. It's mostly just ElvUI + lots of Weakauras. Trying to be as minimalist as a tank can be

Last edited by Treeston; 2013-11-20 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwhale View Post
    So after failing to adapt other UI to my resolution, I tried to make my own one for my boomkin.
    I was doing it while thinking to some other UI so it's not 100% original but I'm pretty happy with what I did.

Out of combat :

In combat :
    Oh my gawd, I love that the font just pops out like that! Could you pretty please tell me what addons you used?

EDIT: I just started playing WoW again and currently leveling a undead warlock! I would love to have ideas about UI packs or so! I kinda want it to be ''dark-ish'' but not so whack'd with addons, you know keeping it abit roleplay-ish haha!

Thanks mina!
    Last edited by Annelot; 2013-11-21 at 02:44 AM.
    WNL <3

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    I use KGPanels to do the chat and skada backgrounds. I would really like for there to be an option in ElvUI that let's you use the chat backdrops without the "tab bar" on top, but alas there is none and I had to use another addon to do that
    You can do that with ElvUI, in chat config you can hide the tab bar (and if you can't with default ElvUI, try with the Shadow & Light addon of Elvui)

Stood in the Fire maybenotquiteasheavy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thakah View Post
    You can do that with ElvUI, in chat config you can hide the tab bar (and if you can't with default ElvUI, try with the Shadow & Light addon of Elvui)
    You definitely can in default, I always have mine hidden.
    Chat options on the first page is where to look.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them as much."

Quote Originally Posted by maybenotquiteasheavy View Post
    You definitely can in default, I always have mine hidden.
    Chat options on the first page is where to look.
    I'm pretty sure this just hides the background on the tab bar. The tabs themselves are still visible, unless this was changed in the last revision. I'm not at home so I can't actually check but when I tried it this is how it behaves. Personally, I'd have the tab bar hidden at all times unless you mouseover the chat window, which I imagine could be done in the lua.

High Overlord
    In honor of Care's return to WoW, I have been inspired to post the progress of my total rip-off of his UI.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Last edited by Gymer; 2013-11-21 at 04:30 PM.

Just standard ElvUI. Remade UI to fit 10H since I'm no longer 25H =/.

There's never that many boss debuff weakauras at once, just showing where they would extend to if there were. And the emphasized bars will only show at most 2-3 of the abilities I emphasize.

Still got a ways to go, need to find a place for omen and it's kinda hard to find a good place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post

Some slight changes (again) from my previous UI. At this point I'm basically only moving things slightly x/y and screwing around with WeakAuras, I'm really enjoying the layout though and will probably stick with it. I realise my debuffs are ever so slightly larger than my buffs and my boss frames could do with a bit of tweaking. I might change the way my buffs are layed out as well. In fact that whole upper right corner is a cluster**** and I should get it fixed <_<. Pretty happy with it so far, I've been getting quite a bit of interest from people about my UI through PMs but it's kind of hard to release something publicly as it's always changing on my end. Maybe one day when I've finally settled on something and it's "perfect" I could release it officially.
    Is there any chance you will upload it? Or can U at least SS addon folder?

EDIT: (since I just cant reply coz of limitations)

Thank you so much! I'll test it ASAP
    Last edited by Nicker; 2013-11-21 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    I like it alot. Especially the highlight of your current target is nice. That and the colors.
    What is the unitframe font?
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Getting there
    This is really, really good. I'd love to see where you take this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Update:

Reminds me a lot of HalUI from TBC. Nice change of pace from the more common stuff nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by wownut187 View Post
    Any chance this can be downloaded anywhere?
    Second that, UI looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Update:
    Whats that combat text font (the amended default one above the target, not the battle text addon)?

Getting there
    Those UFs are sexy, the border+texture+font combo is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    In honor of Care's return to WoW, I have been inspired to post the progress of my total rip-off of his UI.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Also, really great looking.

@elvui users: how do you put space between the aura bars? I just can't seem to find the option on their configuration screens.
    Last edited by Madstrike; 2013-11-22 at 04:01 PM.

Currently testing new backdrop textures. I want to make a mini ui that only uses borders created via SetBackdrop().
    Instead of a backdrop I'm going to use them as a border on an overlay-layer.

First I started using a backdrop with 16px height with a border of 3px-width but that turned out to big so I simply shrinked it to 8px and it turned out pretty nicely. You can do square or round corners...whatever comes to your mind.

The texture used for the bottom bar looks like this

Alpha layer

If anyone is interested in code...http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour.../wow5.0/ZorkUI

Oh...the statusbar texture is from NeavUI. I love that texture.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-11-22 at 05:17 PM.
    | Simple is beautiful.
    | Roth UI | Roth UI FAQ | GoogleCode | Zork | TDMOG

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

I can't post images yet, but I've been working on this ui. I don't know if any of you will like it but I'm quite satisfied with it.
    i.imgur.com/8egh3Bp.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Scapp View Post
    I can't post images yet, but I've been working on this ui. I don't know if any of you will like it but I'm quite satisfied with it.
    i.imgur.com/8egh3Bp.jpg
    That's a good layout for the unit frames and action bars; you've managed to centralize all your cooldowns, your rage, and your and your target's health, including a percentage display. Helpful for not missing things.

The things about that that I would change first are the opaque chat background, because having it like 30-50% transparent would keep the text readable while letting that area of your screen be unblocked; and the font of the health percent text, because it makes sense from a visual design perspective to use the same font for all the information text there and it kind of clashes with the other ones you use.

Normally the layout of a person's UI is the primary thing I disapprove of, though, so good job!
    Come on, die young.