Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    Getting there
    This is really, really good. I'd love to see where you take this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Update:

Reminds me a lot of HalUI from TBC. Nice change of pace from the more common stuff nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wownut187 View Post
    Any chance this can be downloaded anywhere?
    Second that, UI looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Update:
    Whats that combat text font (the amended default one above the target, not the battle text addon)?

Quote Originally Posted by Qlove View Post
    Getting there
    Those UFs are sexy, the border+texture+font combo is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    In honor of Care's return to WoW, I have been inspired to post the progress of my total rip-off of his UI.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Also, really great looking.

@elvui users: how do you put space between the aura bars? I just can't seem to find the option on their configuration screens.
    Last edited by Madstrike; 2013-11-22 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Currently testing new backdrop textures. I want to make a mini ui that only uses borders created via SetBackdrop().
    Instead of a backdrop I'm going to use them as a border on an overlay-layer.

First I started using a backdrop with 16px height with a border of 3px-width but that turned out to big so I simply shrinked it to 8px and it turned out pretty nicely. You can do square or round corners...whatever comes to your mind.

The texture used for the bottom bar looks like this

Alpha layer

If anyone is interested in code...http://code.google.com/p/rothui/sour.../wow5.0/ZorkUI

Oh...the statusbar texture is from NeavUI. I love that texture.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-11-22 at 05:17 PM.

I can't post images yet, but I've been working on this ui. I don't know if any of you will like it but I'm quite satisfied with it.
    i.imgur.com/8egh3Bp.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapp View Post
    I can't post images yet, but I've been working on this ui. I don't know if any of you will like it but I'm quite satisfied with it.
    i.imgur.com/8egh3Bp.jpg
    That's a good layout for the unit frames and action bars; you've managed to centralize all your cooldowns, your rage, and your and your target's health, including a percentage display. Helpful for not missing things.

The things about that that I would change first are the opaque chat background, because having it like 30-50% transparent would keep the text readable while letting that area of your screen be unblocked; and the font of the health percent text, because it makes sense from a visual design perspective to use the same font for all the information text there and it kind of clashes with the other ones you use.

Normally the layout of a person's UI is the primary thing I disapprove of, though, so good job!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I like it alot. Especially the highlight of your current target is nice. That and the colors.
    What is the unitframe font?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madstrike View Post
    Those UFs are sexy, the border+texture+font combo is awesome.
    That is really funny to hear!
    The font is accidental presidency
    Last edited by mmoc20549c4dd3; 2013-11-22 at 11:44 PM.

Kayte, mind posting a beta version?

Out of combat, Frost:

In combat/raid, Fire: (recount is usually hidden)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

A small update, this is mainly for healers due to the location of vuhdo. Hopefully picture is ok this time.

The base UI is Elvui, the healing bars are Vuhdo, the raid CD's is BigWigs, the icons are TellMeWhen (unlocked so you can see them), the dps/healing meters are Skada (ignore my dps, went afk). The resto druid icons are not in screenshot but they're the same as my previous screenshot. In 25m the raid frames are moved onto the far left, 1 collumn - however can make these also show in 2 rows under castbar like in 10m but bars are half the size they are in 10m.

Any questions or ideas for improvement, please let me know as I will be releasing this very soon.
    Last edited by Varna; 2013-11-23 at 04:01 PM.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post
    A small update, this is mainly for healers due to the location of vuhdo. Hopefully picture is ok this time.

The base UI is Elvui, the healing bars are Vuhdo, the raid CD's is BigWigs, the icons are TellMeWhen (unlocked so you can see them), the dps/healing meters are Skada (ignore my dps, went afk). The resto druid icons are not in screenshot but they're the same as my previous screenshot. In 25m the raid frames are moved onto the far left, 1 collumn - however can make these also show in 2 rows under castbar like in 10m but bars are half the size they are in 10m.

Any questions or ideas for improvement, please let me know as I will be releasing this very soon.
    looking very good! gief now!

Quote Originally Posted by Zzang View Post

This is the first ElvUI-based UI I have liked. Gorgeous!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Update
    Not done yet but its better already right? I much prefer the mana bar where it is now.
    Will post a new vid soon!

That UI really looks amazing. Makes it even more special considering it's used for a Shaman.

Looking forward to it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneli View Post
    Out of combat, Frost:

In combat/raid, Fire: (recount is usually hidden)

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Very clean but if your going to have your debuffs where they are at, atleast filter out anything over a minute. I'd hate to have sated/mass ress just to the top left of my char.

I very much like it, love how you got the unit frames. I wouldn't mind doing something similar, but I'm a sucker for default UI.
    Last edited by JP1o; 2013-11-24 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    prot warrior: http://i.imgur.com/Y82XwTZ.jpg

hunter: http://i.imgur.com/KG0U48x.jpg

both share the same concept but they're built differently.
    Last edited by mmoc8b8621127c; 2013-11-24 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    On unitframes...
    They're not your everyday unitframes in that they only display very little information, can't be clicked and are displayed through weak-auras but technically I still have:
    - The player unitframe (reduced to the mana bar)
    - The target unitframe is the text you can see top left of the vudho frames. It displays the name of your target as well as its % of remaining health in case its below 100%. Its very minimal but in the end I don't think you need anything else as a PVE healer.
    Might add proper boss frames at some point if I'm not happy with DBM's... in the spirit of what I had on my previous UI.

On nameplates
    Yeah like the change also. Making the Docs looking the way they did involved a lot of LUA work in the original files which I cba with ^^
    I think seeing your allies names was very useful in 10 but will be less important in 20. Also, I moved away from click healing to mouseover macros (much much much better) so if I see someone in a bad spot, I can just mouseover heal them or target them and cast heals.

Timers
    Yes, left one is stacks of Earth Shield and right one is Riptide CD. It turns orange when close to 0 and then red with it's at 0 (you can see it in the vid).

Raid CDs
    Not sure about this one... Things like Raidcooldowns or Ora3 was really perfect for 10man but might be too spammy for bigger raid sizes. Might have to move to something in the shape of BLRaidcooldowns.

Fonts
    Yes for DBM. NOOOO for combat text That combat text is completely awesome in that it really lets you check out the efficiency of your heals at a glance. Once you try it you'll love it!!
    Big up to Jahzrun from whom I pretty much copied it.
    Unitframs: I totally agree with the removal of both, and only keeping mana bar shown. I've been running mouseover macros ever since I started raiding as mistweaver.
    The only time I actually target something is the boss, for doing damage- and yet most of the time, it's done through tab target.
    You dont need to see your HP, since you have that on raidframes.
    I would love a proper set of boss frames, just for the looks. It would make the UI seem more "complete", but thats just my opinion.

Nameplates: Again, so true. 20man changes alot of things. And most guilds/raid teams setup a marker on someone important to watch.

Raid CDs: True, but it could be done with weakauras, and Icon+number(if you have more than one of some CDs). Just to show which is ready.
    Come 20man you'll have plenty of CDs, so no need for specific time left before its ready again.. Sort of like what you've done with your own CDs- just without timer.

Combattext: Really? - I know it looks awesome, but.. hm .. I'm using some sort of combattext too, came with package. But I have hidden some of the heals shown, like renewing mist.

One more thing, the little blue totem kinda hiding behind the DBM timers, I would move it to the other side.
    oh, one more thing why DBM instead of Bigwigs?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/qkTbKvC.jpg

this popped up about 80 pages ago

anyone care to comment on details of obtaining or making this>
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Trying out these transparent icons I saw.

Not sure how much I like them yet.

I'm finding that certain aspects of ElvUI have backdrops behind certain elements (Actionbars, Buffs) that I can't seem to configure and it makes those darker than my WA. Not sure if I'll keep these much longer.

(I can but only rgb and not a)
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-11-25 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    No links but you get it

Raid layout (Disregard the 4th grp in the raidframes, the intentional use is for 10-15man grps)
    postimg.org/image/r8pvx3emd

Out of combat, ideling
    postimg.org/image/t871isesd