Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Hey, recently i've been feeling quite bored of my Freeui therefore making me look for a new cool minimalist and pleasing UI.
    I think Blanco atracted me to his awesome UI, so Whenever youre ready for the beta test, count me in!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    ... I'm just becoming old i think XD
    Or lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Maybe he anchored the weakauras bar to the raidframe?!
    Didnt know that was possible. I'm really interested in doing this if someone could help me out. How is it done?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Didnt know that was possible. I'm really interested in doing this if someone could help me out. How is it done?
    I think they are just manually moved to fit, but I might be wrong

aka maybenotquiteasheavy/torgerd

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Im gonna guess its 3 copies of the bar and each one shows in a different place depending on how many in raid it is. example: 10 in raid> copy of frame nr1. 15>nr2. and so on
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Or lazy.
    Also a possibility
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Im gonna guess its 3 copies of the bar and each one shows in a different place depending on how many in raid it is. example: 10 in raid> copy of frame nr1. 15>nr2. and so on
    This was my first guess. I got excited that there was a way to have 1 bar move.

Quote Originally Posted by blancoo View Post
    I think its ready for beta
    Yeah, please post if/when available as a compilation

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Work on the layout. Vertical bars, text string like i'm experimenting, different positioning and such.
    That's something I don't think I can change. The layout I have works absolute wonders and I'm so used to it now I don't want to play with a different layout.

What I'd like to do is change the general theme of the UI as a whole but I have no idea what I want to do.

Lyn has a nice scratchy theme in LynUI 15 and Neal sticks to a default theme with Neav UI.

I'm sure I'll think of something soon, just need a little bit of inspiration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Hey Pwnasaurus Rex,
    Unfortunately I have not uploaded my UI for external usage
    But to answer your question; it is mainly made through the ElvUI config options in-game. The only LUA editing that has been done is to change the Chat to the way I want, to change the font size in the chat bubbles above player's heads, and the addition of the font used in all aspects of the UI. There are 2 more Addons you'll need to add which are ElvUI_AddOnSkins and ElvUI_VisualAuraTimers. If you'd like the LUA codes I would happily give them to you. I believe they're posted in this thread too, in response to Drayarr

Finally, indeed that pesky Carebear was a huge influence on the theme of the UI :P
    Cheers for the info Pixil. I've managed to get it looking pretty similar to how my old ui was, there's still a few features from elvui that i'm not keen on, but could be pretty easily replaced, i like to use msbt for example, and the aura's that come with elv i tend to use forte exorcist for, just seems like i can configure it all perfectly to my needs a bit better.

Only thing i've not managed to find is if there's any way of turning the player debuffs off in the (default) top right as i tend to have all debuffs shown on player frame to make them easier to see, and i don't see the point of displaying the same information twice.

Oh, managed to change the font size for the chat bubbles, pretty straight forward. Did have massive issues with font's, as my 'skurri' font was the font of choice (it is infact identical to the font you're using) I think i must have overwritten it at some point in the past to look like a pixel font.. everything was going fine with the elvui editing, but as soon as i installed skada, the font reverted to what it should actually look like. 5 mins later i figured out how to actually install a font into elv though, so no biggie!

Anyway, couple more days getting used to this (re-mapped all my abilities, as they were a little... all over the place) and finilasing each addon and i'll get some shots up!

Cheers again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Here's an update and more extensive preview of the UI I'm working on currently!!
    C&C more than welcome (knowing it's designed with raiding / heroic raiding in mind).

Huge thanks to Kait + Touchy for the WeakAuras inspiration and Jhazrun@Paragon for the combat text layout which I pretty much copied
    That looks awesome, those totem weak auras are slick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    That's something I don't think I can change. The layout I have works absolute wonders and I'm so used to it now I don't want to play with a different layout.

What I'd like to do is change the general theme of the UI as a whole but I have no idea what I want to do.

Lyn has a nice scratchy theme in LynUI 15 and Neal sticks to a default theme with Neav UI.

I'm sure I'll think of something soon, just need a little bit of inspiration.
    Move boss frame to above minimap, looks so odd to me that its all on its own just floating at the side

Deleted
    Maybe not the prettiest of UIs but it suits my healer needs!

Gnosis
    Elvui, skullflower edit
    Kgpanels
    Vuhdo

Tips on what I could improve would be helpful :3
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2013-11-28 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    Here's an update and more extensive preview of the UI!!
    C&C once again more than welcome since I'm about to release.

There's a few things I'm still working on including:
    - color of boss frames
    - display of Wind Shear and Purify Spirit CDs
    - clean up MSBT's damage done (mainly for damage done by pets)
    - Vuhdo layout

Huge thanks to Kait + Touchy for the WeakAuras inspiration and Jhazrun@Paragon for the combat text layout which I pretty much copied
    Does weak auras at the bottom change their position acording to the raid frames? If so how you manage to do that or you need to change them manualy everytime you get on a different group?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Same old, same old! I'm struggling with my UI this time around because it works so well and I don't know how to improve it. Yes, it may not work for others but for me it's perfect. Which is why my UIs have looked the same for over 2 years!

The only things that need to change are the aesthetics. It'd be nice to do a UI like this but with a different theme but I suck at designing and adding different borders.

PS. If anybody knows of regular flex runs or a guild that raids weekends then hit me up. I'd love to get back into proper raiding again!
    Why change what is imo the best UI around? Does it have tons of 'original' ideas? Perhaps not. Does it have fancy graphics like Roth? Perhaps not. But it's the best at what a UI is meant to do, provide critical information in a way that's easy to process as a human.

But still, mine was prettier! :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Why change what is imo the best UI around? Does it have tons of 'original' ideas? Perhaps not. Does it have fancy graphics like Roth? Perhaps not. But it's the best at what a UI is meant to do, provide critical information in a way that's easy to process as a human.
    It... I mean, not that it's a bad UI by any stretch of the imagination, but that's perhaps a little hugboxy. The placement of the action bar, the encounter-related texts by the top of the screen, and the boss frames clearly favors form over function, as does the combat text that doesn't have enough information to be useful (so why is it there at all?) and the all-lower-case font (which makes it harder to pick out proper nouns at a glance).

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you people survive without 30 actionbar slots to show all your cooldowns and none-keybound abilities?

Super awesome screenshot of me derping on the Iron Star:
    Too big to fit on screen (that's what she said)
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    It... I mean, not that it's a bad UI by any stretch of the imagination, but that's perhaps a little hugboxy. The placement of the action bar, the encounter-related texts by the top of the screen, and the boss frames clearly favors form over function, as does the combat text that doesn't have enough information to be useful (so why is it there at all?) and the all-lower-case font (which makes it harder to pick out proper nouns at a glance).
    Knowing care, he probably doesn't even use the actionbar. The encounter text is pretty standard I reckon, and what exactly is wrong with it? Boss-frame provides whatever you need, quick overview of their stats. Combat text is the most overused thing in any UI imo, in any raid environment this goes so fast you'll barely receive any information whatsoever about it.

His older UI was perhaps a tad more polished, but the core is the exact same, because it simply works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Knowing care, he probably doesn't even use the actionbar. The encounter text is pretty standard I reckon, and what exactly is wrong with it? Boss-frame provides whatever you need, quick overview of their stats. Combat text is the most overused thing in any UI imo, in any raid environment this goes so fast you'll barely receive any information whatsoever about it.

His older UI was perhaps a tad more polished, but the core is the exact same, because it simply works.
    A lot of the things you state are arguments in Constie's favor, I feel. If he doesn't use the action bar, why show it? If the combat text is useless, why show it?
    I feel he can move the BossFrame to a more central position, or line it up with something like the minimap to make it prettier if he insists on it giving it the functionality he needs off to the side.
    I absolutely love the UI, but I don't think it's the best out there and I don't think it's anywhere near as flawless as you make it out to be.

Also, your UI was indeed prettier!

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    How do you people survive without 30 actionbar slots to show all your cooldowns and none-keybound abilities?
    Every ability used in combat should be keybound, which means the few abilities that are not keybound can be hidden on an actionbar to the side that shows on mouse-over or is visible when not in combat. Any ability that is keybound and does not need tracking, does not need to be shown either unless you're still new to your own binds (in any case it can eventually be hidden). Then you're left with something like 8-15 abilities depending on class. I prefer to have these shown at all times but you can minimalize this even further by only showing the abilities that are currently on cooldown since you then know that any ability not shown is available, this leaves you with only 0-8 abilities shown without any loss in functionality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's my UI. Very minimal IMO, very clean. In combat it's the same except Grid and Weak Auras pop up and flesh out.

http://imageshack.com/a/img818/1773/crvj.jpg

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE