Thread: Post Your UI

I'd have to agree about minimaps being not that useful. It's a 3rd person game where the camera is way back, so the minimap view is almost the same as the 3D world view, only smaller. If we could zoom the main map more freely we wouldn't need a minimap at all. In 1st person games minimaps are vital because of peripheral vision problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Decided to flash up the UI a bit in essence of the WAs that have been popping up.

If the target has poison then the poison cloud appears behind the target frame.
    The player frame has the slice and dice animation going around it whilst I have slice and dice. You can just see it slightly in the screenshot. However I can't do videos to show it off.

As I mentioned earlier - I love this. Any information on how to remove the orbs and a standard unitframe for the player?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iheartcorgis View Post
    As I mentioned earlier - I love this. Any information on how to remove the orbs and a standard unitframe for the player?
    I don't want to upload my edit because I butchered the code a little (as always lol) and I had to edit mine to fit my 2440 resolution. I also set my frames in stone instead of them being draggable. There's another version on wowinterface after a quick search: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SasDiablo.html

It's slightly different to mine but it'll do the job!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I've been doing some WeakAuras-based unit frames as well. Q for anybody that's bothered to try.
    Did you ever find a 'good' way to handle portraits for characters out of range/disconnected/etc? Right now it looks like I'm more-or-less just going to rip-off the way pitbull does it (check if offline/isconnected/etc, and if so: use the "?" model, otherwise just setunit("someunit")). Is there a way of detecting when the unit's model wouldn't be available?

My current project is making a UI that looks good when showing a 720p 'cropped' portion of the screen (so I can live-stream a raid without having friends show up in chat and embarrass themselves) and also so that it'll fit nicely on some VR goggles. I bet levelling and exploring the world is pretty amazing in 3D even if you couldn't do raid or high-lvel PVP that way. I also want it to be useful at 1080p for normal play - so that puts some constraints on how I design things.

My working "idea" is a keybind to 'resize' the UI and using either a weak aura or some trivial custom addon to do the heavy lifting of moving frames/setting profiles, etc.
    I use Stuf for the frame interactions and portraits along with a tiny bit of KGPanels so I wouldn't have to use an aura for things like borders. My goal was to get it looking how I wanted and integrate conditions and this was the combo that worked for me without too much extra work.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

15+ Year Old Account

My UI

As you can see, my UI is very clean, I call it FrostShock UI ! Yes Frost shock, I play a shaman !
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post

As you can see, my UI is very clean, I call it FrostShock UI ! Yes Frost shock, I play a shaman !
    I did something similar with my Arcane Mage. I called it AB UI.

For those who were interested, I uploaded a beta version of my new healer UI on wowinterface.

You'll probably notice a few changes since the last video... mainly cleaned up the bottom of the screen and added a few QoL improvements like timers for flame shock / lava burst if you find yourself helping on dps.

I didn't plan that initially but breaking down the cast bar in small boxes really allowed me to display tons of information on the cast bar in a structured manner.
    On the image below you have Tidal Waves stacks (stars), Healing Rain remaining time, Lava Burst CD and Flame Shock remaining time on target for instance.

For people who were interested in my Warrior Weakauras, they're included somewhere in the addon pack.
    Same goes for the Threat Plates config as I use the same config for the Shaman and Warrior UIs.

Have fun with it, feedback and criticism welcome as usual and post pictures if you come up with nice edits of the UI / weak-auras
    Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2013-12-27 at 04:42 PM.

For those who were interested, I uploaded a beta version of my new healer UI on wowinterface.

You'll probably notice a few changes since the last video... mainly cleaned up the bottom of the screen and added a few QoL improvements like timers for flame shock / lava burst if you find yourself helping on dps.

I didn't plan that initially but breaking down the cast bar in small boxes really allowed me to display tons of information on the cast bar in a structured manner.
    On the image below you have Tidal Waves stacks (stars), Healing Rain remaining time, Lava Burst CD and Flame Shock remaining time on target for instance.

Have fun with it, feedback and criticism welcome as usual and post pictures if you come up with nice edits of the UI / weak-auras

Deleted
    Something seems off with the far right square, I'm pretty sure it's the shade of orange playing tricks. In fact the boss frames, that bar, and the BigWig's bars all don't blend well with the pastel and gray that's happening in the rest of the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawlisse View Post

Good old Vanilla.

spartan ui

never had any problem with it

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/spar...t1:screenshots
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple but effective

(resized because they're gigantic)

city chillin'

combat

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww yiss, pixel mockups. I like this.

Also, I'm not dead. But I did build my new computer :3

. The Artist also known as Epiphany .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here's a link to the WeakAuras.lua and WeakAurasOptions.lua files. Just place them in your WTF > Account > ACCOUNTNAME > SavedVariables folder. Backup your current ones if you'd like to go back to them.

*NOTE: These are currently created on the PTR and thus may not work for live servers aka patch 5.3.*

mega.co.nz/#!IFwGnZJY!RVekmiquPuGAx1VEV-2AVhAbCJgvLyQMtT6DT0oAvlA

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF YOUR COPIES OF THESE FILES, BACKUP FIRST
    Link's not working any more. Could you post them again, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Something seems off with the far right square, I'm pretty sure it's the shade of orange playing tricks. In fact the boss frames, that bar, and the BigWig's bars all don't blend well with the pastel and gray that's happening in the rest of the UI.
    Just to make sure I understand your comment, you're talking about colors right?
    Totally agree with the boss frames. I kinda want my riptide tracker as well as bigwigs bar to stand out though which is why they have so vivid colors atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Made a quick 1 day account and came up with this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...611_214805.jpg

Happy?
    Still better than 99% of what gets posted anywhere despite your joke.

This could get interesting, I have a feeling the power bar will end up feeling off though. How are you doing the frame background when you're not in a raid? If you're just using transparent backgrounds on every unitframe you might run into some overlapping.

Make the top unitframe move depending on raid size?

Quote Originally Posted by shredster View Post
    Make the top unitframe move depending on raid size?
    Sounds like a good idea. I'll see if I can get it done but I have no idea how to.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Made a quick 1 day account and came up with this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...611_214805.jpg

Happy?
    Hey, that looks real nice. What fonts have you used there?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tempest is your ui available for download? Sorry if you've answered this countless times

Deleted
    Out of combat

In combat