Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Attempted a more "flashy" UI

Insanely Good as per usual.
    Make me want to try and come up with something super minimal but flashy at the same time

Deleted

So freakin cool again! What's the name of the font?

Deleted

Is it me, or are your pixelfonts always at the wrong size?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eflow View Post
    The reason why I started to use it is because of performance.

When you start to add all the necessary addons to get the same thing, and some of them like Pitbull are not exactly "optmized" (it consumed 3 times what elvUI used, just for the unit frame), when you get to a 25h progression, where the fights are a LOT more cpu intensive than 10h or 25lfr with billions of addons working at the same time, it can sacrifice fps.

For example, I had before:

dominos - action bar
    masque - action bar textures
    prat - chat
    quartz - cast bar
    pitbull - unitframes
    simpleminimap - minimap
    tiptac - for the tooltips
    moveanything - to drag frames around
    titanpanels - the info panels
    satrinabuffframes - buff icons on top
    classtimers - classbuffbars

only there we are talking about more than 10 addons, while elvUI does all that while using 1/5 of the memory required and being a lot more "performance friendly".

On fights like Heroic Lei shen, my fps went from avg. 20 (going as low as 15 in some parts of the fight) to avg. 35fps after I moved to elvUI. The sheer number of addons I needed before, gutted me over 10fps during 25h progression raids.

With this current setup, I can easily run avg. 40 fps on garrosh (going down to 20-25fps for a few seconds during adds aoe), peaking 50-60fps on the rest of the fight.

While I think it's nice to have a pretty UI, It should also be practical and optmized enough to have a good performance in raids. And it's a lot more practical to keep uptdated. I know elvUI has some limitations in terms of customization and not everything falls perfectly in place with the style I went for ... but in the end, the benefits of the whole package wins =)

Currently, I'm using:
    Big Wigs
    EavesDrop - the small combat log in the top left corner
    ElvUI
    Hermes - managing raid cds
    KGPanels
    Omen
    OmniCC - only because the built in from elvUI doesn't cover other addons like magic runes
    SCT - combat messages
    Skada
    Tidy Plates (threat plates)
    Weak Auras.

+ a couple of addons that are not related to the interface.
    Plans on sharing this lovely artwork more than just the list of addons? An interface folder maybe ?

How can I make these lightning and fire effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedshodd View Post
    I think your Totem Timers are slightly off
    Oh, didn't notice. Thanks for pointing it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    I love it! But then I would, right? :-P One thing you could try (not because I think it needs it, but just as an idea
    Haha, it may have been slightly inspired by your work And yeah I was going to do that initially but lost the motivation halfway through and just went with the lazy version.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Make me want to try and come up with something super minimal but flashy at the same time
    Go for it! So much easier to do with a class that uses magic tho so beware if you're gonna try it on say, a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVanir View Post
    So freakin cool again! What's the name of the font?
    Imagine. Doesn't have all letters though so it's kind of annoying when people use letters like åäö as they won't show. I really should get a new one.. any recommendations? Do want one in all caps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Is it me, or are your pixelfonts always at the wrong size?
    What do you mean??
    Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    How can I make these lightning and fire effects?
    By using an addon called WeakAuras and choosing the Models option. There are tutorials out there if you do a bit of searching.

Quote Originally Posted by eflow View Post
    snip
    Yeh, it's pretty much elvUI with textures made by me, all those fancy "fantasy" stuff are custom made, then I imported them with KGpanels. Those "HUDs" in the middle are made with weak auras. They are basically the tracking of important monk stuff like Chi, energy, procs, brew stacks, brew buff durations etc.
    I am always amazed by people with artistic gifts since I have zero. If you could find a way to share your textures and maybe even some of your KG Panel scripting / Weak Aura stings that would be amazing.

That's a lot of work though and I understand if you cannot - thank you very much for sharing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine. Doesn't have all letters though so it's kind of annoying when people use letters like åäö as they won't show. I really should get a new one.. any recommendations? Do want one in all caps!
    Among pixel fonts, I really like PF Tempesta Five. Though I find it only looks good small, like around 9 pt. If you wanted to use a pixel font but at large sizes, it may not work.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Try this: imagine_kait.ttf

I replaced all the weird accented letters with copies of the un-accented versions. I can't promise it will work (I didn't try it in-game), but I'm 78.354% sure it will. Also - Æ and æ might look fuzzy. I never made a pixel font before so I've no clue how to get the editor to snap to pixels.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-03-06 at 03:54 PM.

What do you mean??
    You've set your fonts at a size that make them look fuzzy. It's likely they're supposed to be set to 8. Also, a fontflag of "MONOCHROMEOUTLINE" wouldn't go amiss.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytemoss View Post
    For those who were interested, I uploaded a beta version of my new healer UI on wowinterface.

You'll probably notice a few changes since the last video... mainly cleaned up the bottom of the screen and added a few QoL improvements like timers for flame shock / lava burst if you find yourself helping on dps.

I didn't plan that initially but breaking down the cast bar in small boxes really allowed me to display tons of information on the cast bar in a structured manner.
    On the image below you have Tidal Waves stacks (stars), Healing Rain remaining time, Lava Burst CD and Flame Shock remaining time on target for instance.

Have fun with it, feedback and criticism welcome as usual and post pictures if you come up with nice edits of the UI / weak-auras
    I tried to send a PM to you but it seems like it isn't working on my end. Would I be able to change the font of the UI to one I import myself? Would this be an easy process?

Deleted

Using Tukui+flying ui, weakauras, DBM and tukui addonskins (was disabled for that fight)

My current UI. I would love some outside perspective on it.
    It is heavily inspired by Jelloslock's ui.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipdisk View Post
    Your crits overlap your normal shots, which looks kinda bad. Otherwise it's pretty cool I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipdisk View Post
    Isnt this just default ElvUI? If not, looks like a million other Elv UIs I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Isnt this just default ElvUI? If not, looks like a million other Elv UIs I have seen.
    threads name is "post your UI".

Not "post something none else uses"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    WIP

combat:

bossframes shown:

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    threads name is "post your UI".

Not "post something none else uses"
    True, but if you know tons of people use it, why post it? You know they've seen it before. Just say "I use ElvUI" and post no picture. We'll all get it from that.

If you know the edits you made to vanilla Elv are pretty minor and think that makes it a borderline case, maybe mention your changes explicitly and why you made them.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2014-03-07 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted