sorry haven't looked into the description from the video

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    #sorrynotsorry

-snip-
    As always, very beautiful.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    stay classy GEMA.

Hi Lyn, sorry I never maintained any of yr old addons after you passed them to me ages ago!
    Obble?

/10char
    oh, honey.

yep! You still play?

what nameplates are you using here? Interested in adding my own debuff tracker on the default nameplates and have been meaning to find relevant code for it.

yep! You still play?
    Started a week ago and build my GW UI again. Have some ideas for something new... but I am so lazy.

How does yours look?
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Started a week ago and build my GW UI again. Have some ideas for something new... but I am so lazy.

How does yours look?
    Just been cleaning up and fixing the default UI a bunch: http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-07-12au8dc7.png

You built a guild wars themed UI? Got a link? Sounds cool.

Just been cleaning up and fixing the default UI a bunch: http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-07-12au8dc7.png

You built a guild wars themed UI? Got a link? Sounds cool.
    Looks a bit like the last one I saw of you. Are you planning on doing some more on it?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...214_182721.jpg
    oh, honey.

mostly just skinning buttons! I'm sure i'll probably change it a bunch when i'm next bored.

like that a lot; it's your own oUF layout?

mostly just skinning buttons! I'm sure i'll probably change it a bunch when i'm next bored.

like that a lot; it's your own oUF layout?
    Nah, I edited Skaarj's oUF layout for that.

You can do me minimalistic button skin for my UI!
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    I have a few questions for those of you using really clean, minimal, often teeny-tiny UIs.

Do you ever find you aren't aware of your own health bar? I'm so used to having mine (and my target's) very large and central that I feel I wouldn't notice it if I downsized.

And secondly do you manage okay without a minimap? I suppose it wouldn't be a problem on a non-gathering toon but it's something I'd still be reluctant to get rid of.

I ask mainly because I so often find myself [alt-z]-ing for immersion's sake, and just wonder if a very minimalistic UI would be the way to go. I appreciate I'm the only one that can really answer that but I just felt the need to discuss it with others. What made any of you go for a minimal UI? What are the pros and cons in your opinions?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys, i need some help after looking at Birgs UI (installed it) to check some stuff and.. this happened to quest hand in NPCS..

http://i.imgur.com/su3UQHS.jpg

anyone know a way to fix this?

Edit - Lahis its 2560 x 1080 ;>
    Last edited by Shyzhi; 2014-07-13 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Hi guys, i need some help after looking at Birgs UI (installed it) to check some stuff and.. this happened to quest hand in NPCS..

Damn. What is that resolution?
    Don't know what causes and how to fix that though.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got the inspiration from another UI in this thread and just tweaked it for myself. I'm so uncreative =/

Out of Combat Shot, still tweaking things like weakauras, etc. The buffs are done with weakauras.

Placement of hidden elements (everything in the top right-ish area like arena frames, etc aren't shown period. I really wished ElvUI would allow you to totally remove those so it wouldn't clutter up the move frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    KuiNameplates.
    Get your weakaura strings up for all of us!
    And the rest if possible, Luvb it

Deleted
    Wanted to make a quick concept art of a way to track stacks:

I wanted to make it by a circle but it turned out harder than I thought to create, maybe I'll give it an atempt later on. Feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jappse View Post
    Get your weakaura strings up for all of us!
    And the rest if possible, Luvb it

Here's the WeakAuras strings
    This should be the SUF strings

The rest of it more or less no longer exists at this point(who needs backups?), as I've changed things.

If you want to play around with my kgPanels, here's the strings for those. This is my current set up, changed since those shots/video. Some of the stuff should still be there, but hidden or with no texture set on it.
    Last edited by Arborus; 2014-07-14 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crall View Post
    Wanted to make a quick concept art of a way to track stacks:

I wanted to make it by a circle but it turned out harder than I thought to create, maybe I'll give it an atempt later on. Feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Difficult to judge at that size.
    Can you link to a larger image.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
    Do you ever find you aren't aware of your own health bar? I'm so used to having mine (and my target's) very large and central that I feel I wouldn't notice it if I downsized.
    Never. If I would I'd make it more noticeable right away by changing colours, size, position, etc. Knowing your and your target's health is one of the most important things when playing this game.

You'll most likely need some time to get used to it if you've only played with large unitframes, but it definitely won't be a problem after that if you're doing it correctly. If not, tweak around until you find what works for you.

And secondly do you manage okay without a minimap? I suppose it wouldn't be a problem on a non-gathering toon but it's something I'd still be reluctant to get rid of.
    I find having a minimap constantly visible is really helpful when questing, but almost useless in every other situation. So I have it on mouse-over on my level 90's and visible on my lowbies.

Hiding it is a matter of preference, as is basically everything about UIs. It's by no means necessary to play efficiently though.

I ask mainly because I so often find myself [alt-z]-ing for immersion's sake, and just wonder if a very minimalistic UI would be the way to go. I appreciate I'm the only one that can really answer that but I just felt the need to discuss it with others. What made any of you go for a minimal UI? What are the pros and cons in your opinions?
    In that case I'd probably go with a minimalistic UI. Personally I just like the look of it. Removing unnecessary stuff shows more of the actual game and it looks more refreshing in my opinion. It's like when was changing curtains one day and realised how much more spacious it made the room feel without them. Some would argue it's nicer with curtains, but I disagree. Again, personal taste.

As for pros and cons I can't really think of anything. As long as you show what is necessary (at a reasonable position) and hide anything that clutters your view or distracts your gameplay, I'd say all UIs are on the same efficienty level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post

Bah, I'm sorry I uploaded a faulted version.. Didn't notice it until yesterday myself. Made a ticket and here's the response I got. Haven't tried anything yet though.

Thank you for contacting us regarding World of Warcraft.
    With the information you have provided, I gathered following steps that I would advise you to perform, as they might help to solve your issue:

1) Interface modifications can cause several issues in World of Warcraft and resetting this may help solve your isse. Please follow this guide to reset your interface: http://eu.battle.net/support/article/300544

2) Outdated graphics drivers can cause display issues in game. . Please follow this guide for more information on how to update your drivers: http://eu.battle.net/support/article/200576

I hope this resolves your display issue but please contact us again if you have anymore issues.