Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrogs View Post
    Fixed your link.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Hey guys,

I re-subbed just to do some UIs. Here is my initial sketch, inspired by the UIs of Transistor and Wildstar. I think I want to do something that isn't full-on minimal for a change. It's mostly in Photoshop atm. Loads of work still to do.

I'm in love with this UI. After playing Wildstar myself, I really wished someone would make a Wildstar-esque UI for WoW.

The only issues I'm seeing so far:
    Do you need the bar at the top? Always thought having bars at both the top and the bottom made it look like the screen is smaller.
    The timer bars in the center, beneath your character, don't really go with the rest of the UI, especially with that pixel font.

Other than that, looks great. I know you said you still have a lot of work to go, so I'm looking forward to seeing the final result!

Deleted

this is what i've been working on today. no doubt i'll change it on thursday.

why does imgur keep scaling stuff up? its annoying.

Deleted
    Do you need the bar at the top? Always thought having bars at both the top and the bottom made it look like the screen is smaller.
    For me this was purely cosmetic in my old UI's. Gave it a little cinematic effect. I don't like pitch black bars for anything though.

@ Kurokawa:

Really digging that UI. One of the better I've seen lately really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokawa View Post
    'Ello there UI people!
    + Target

I didn't want to plaster my screen with icons, timers, counters to keep track of my rotation, so I borrowed Stuf's custom texts to build those indicators in the middle. Specifically these are for (from top) arcane missile procs, arcane charges and any mage bomb on the current target (one mark for every third of a second remaining).

The UI is fully functional (for my mage at least) but there are still a few kinks and details to work out. I've no idea yet how to get certain addons to print their messages in my 'combat chat' instead of the default 'chat frame 1' for example. And by now I've changed the layout and position of my raid frames so often, I don't even know what to think anymore...

€dit
    @Kaitain
    Great concept! I like the second one better actually. Those curved elements seem like a nice mixture of Sci-Fi and 'Arcane'. Fits WoW better than the pure tech look imho.
    Any plans of releasing this? Wouldn't mind fiddling around with a few of your elements :P Love the status bar texture/font choices btw. Very Cool

9.5/10

Deleted
    Getting there.
    Idle
    BG/Raid

@Kaitain just curious, do you still use Stuf for your frames?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    @ Kurokawa:

Really digging that UI. One of the better I've seen lately really.
    Wait till I - finally - have time! :P
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    @Kaitain just curious, do you still use Stuf for your frames?
    Always :-)

On most of my chars I do have a functional ui. For my priest I wanted something a little bit different. I had a similar idea as magicaldandruff in using the crest, though I wasn't aware of his awesome ui. While he has forgone any timers, mine is a bit more conservative and uses timers.

I did record a crappy youtube video to show it off. Anyway here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    While he has forgone any timers, mine is a bit more conservative and uses timers.
    Those videos are kinda old now, but I do have timers. I dont include them in pastebin cause people prefer to make their own.

Pretty interesting method of tracking your CDs, but personally I think it would be hard to pick up on what those auras mean unless you spent a quite a while playing it.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-07-24 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Those videos are kinda old now, but I do have timers. I dont include them in pastebin cause people prefer to make their own.

Pretty interesting method of tracking your CDs, but personally I think it would be hard to pick up on what those auras mean unless you spent a quite a while playing it.
    Ah okay, didn't see any in your videos. And yeah it's not the most practical setup, but it works for me and it's fun to use. And especially it was fun to create.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Wait till I - finally - have time! :P
    Why? Trying to recreate my UI? ;o)

Why? Trying to recreate my UI? ;o)
    No, IF (!) I ever would recreate or use one of your UIs as inspiration, it would be one of your firsts where you had a small resolution ... they were the best.
    oh, honey.

Stole few things from birgs uis :P

Deleted
    No, IF (!) I ever would recreate or use one of your UIs as inspiration, it would be one of your firsts where you had a small resolution ... they were the best.
    I don't know if you just hurt my feelings or not Lyn.

edit: if you ever find screenshots off em ... gief!

I don't know if you just hurt my feelings or not Lyn.

edit: if you ever find screenshots off em ... gief!
    I still have a shit ton, just sayin'

for the topic, an infight shot:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...514_194016.jpg
    oh, honey.

I still have a shit ton, just sayin'

for the topic, an infight shot:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...514_194016.jpg
    Reaction-colored text on reaction-colored bars. Rookie mistake, or intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Reaction-colored text on reaction-colored bars. Rookie mistake, or intentional?
    More likely a still-a-wip-not-yet-finished-and-there-are-things-more-important-to-sort-out mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured I would swing by and post an update with my final layout of my warlocks UI.
    -Current Addons
    ElvUI - Heavily modified to suit my needs.
    Weakauras 2
    Vuhdo (Raid Frames)
    Bigwigs
    Skada
    TrufiGCD