Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post
    Here is one of my history times UIs (2008). I'd love to remake this.
    I loved your work :3

FOUND IT!

(i probably butchered it though tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by Tranklol View Post
    I loved your work :3

FOUND IT!

(i probably butchered it though tbh)
    Could you share the UI / layout for Pitbull & Grid ?

Would be very nice :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Could you share the UI / layout for Pitbull & Grid ?

Would be very nice :-)
    Haven't used / lost that UI after formatting my PC sometime in wrath.

Sorry mate

Something new I've been messing with for my Guardian heading into Warlords. It's as minimal as I can get it really without missing out on vital info. Maybe I can disable the Quartz target bar since it clashes with nameplates (I usually use Threat Plates but it reverted to this by accident this morning and actually prefer this them).

http://imgur.com/j28fNx1

15+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/0Bzku3b.jpg (Had some issues with getting "immune" on 3 taunts in a row, so ignore the failing!)

I know... messy, scaled too large and looks like shit. I've tried countless sleak fancy UIs, but can't find any that compares in functionality

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/0Bzku3b.jpg (Had some issues with getting "immune" on 3 taunts in a row, so ignore the failing!)

I know... messy, scaled too large and looks like shit. I've tried countless sleak fancy UIs, but can't find any that compares in functionality
    Where did you find CRT monitor in 2014? O_O

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Where did you find CRT monitor in 2014? O_O
    Hahaha, I've had it for like 8 years, but there's never been a single thing wrong with it so I've never had a reason to replace it 19" and very good quality, so I'll keep it 'til it breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Hahaha, I've had it for like 8 years, but there's never been a single thing wrong with it so I've never had a reason to replace it 19" and very good quality, so I'll keep it 'til it breaks!
    My mind was literally blown when I switched from analog CTR to digital LCD. The image looked so much better. Though on the plus side, analog signal comes with build in AA :P

Deleted
    About the texture things. I do have to add that my last UI's had a form of extra Bloom (which basically changes ALL the colors on your screen, gameworld, UI etc.)

So if you're not using something extra for this 'bloom effect', colors probably don't match.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    My mind was literally blown when I switched from analog CTR to digital LCD. The image looked so much better. Though on the plus side, analog signal comes with build in AA :P
    Yeah, I guess I would be too.. Built a new gaming computer this year so I'm confident my screen isn't doing it justice, but it just seems like a waste of money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    About the texture things. I do have to add that my last UI's had a form of extra Bloom (which basically changes ALL the colors on your screen, gameworld, UI etc.)

So if you're not using something extra for this 'bloom effect', colors probably don't match.
    You can find those bloom effects here, if you're interested.

Should be noted that it only works on DirectX 9, not 11 like most people will be running by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Something new I've been messing with for my Guardian heading into Warlords. It's as minimal as I can get it really without missing out on vital info. Maybe I can disable the Quartz target bar since it clashes with nameplates (I usually use Threat Plates but it reverted to this by accident this morning and actually prefer this them).

http://imgur.com/j28fNx1
    I really like it so far. It still seems like a WIP but yeah... I like where this is going.
    The combat text on the side is what I plan to do with my UI (my reason: I want to see it, but it's not that important to put it in the middle of the screen).
    I would align the text to the left and not centered when it's so far on the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

Afaik these bloom effects are not on screenshots. Or, in better words, when I used it, my screenshots still had the old colors.
    oh, honey.

I'm looking for some opinions on this target frame.

maybe font or texture suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Afaik these bloom effects are not on screenshots. Or, in better words, when I used it, my screenshots still had the old colors.
    You need to use the screenshot key you binded in Sweetfx to get the HDR effects in said screenshot.

*EDIT* I just realized this is a different mod - not Sweetfx. Ignore me!(maybe)

WoW's screenshot function is capturing images at a point before the effects are applied. Same with Fraps. So none of your "Bloom" magic will show up.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-08-01 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    I'm looking for some opinions on this target frame.

maybe font or texture suggestions?
    I guess the blue bar is health and the small white is power?
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    @ Arborus

Looks' good!

Not much I would criticise, really.
    Don't fancy the huge buff icons, but that's more a matter of personal taste. (How did you desaturate them btw? Addon? Replaced textures?)

Not sure what to suggest font and texture wise, as those depend on the overall nuance you want to give your UI.

Current name font allready works very well, if you're aiming for a more 'playful' look. Otherwise most fancy fonts that render cleanly and aren't too thin (so they can 'persist' against the thick upper bar of the frame) will probably fit.
    Regarding the textures, I'd definitely keep the upper half of the frame plain and let the font do all the work there. If at all I could see something subtle for the lower dark half. Some sort of hatching, a drop shadow, mayyyybe something more ornate as long as it fits the 'theme'?
    Won't hurt if you just keep it clean either, though...

Oh and what's that yellow thing to the right?

I guess the blue bar is health and the small white is power?
    health is class/reaction colored, white is a cast bar, dark bar is power.

health bar is threshold colored for deficits, power is a darker class color.

Admittedly a bit hard to distinguish things, definitely going to need to change the colors around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokawa View Post
    (How did you desaturate them btw? Addon? Replaced textures?)

Oh and what's that yellow thing to the right?
    Raven has an option to desaturate icons for buffs/debuffs that aren't yours.

The yellow bar is a bit of my Target of Target frame that got cut off.
    Last edited by Arborus; 2014-08-01 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    http://imgur.com/ObF7UCE Currently using a customized version of Lui, and here's one of my old UI's http://imgur.com/WQRibws.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Raven has an option to desaturate icons for buffs/debuffs that aren't yours.

The yellow bar is a bit of my Target of Target frame that got cut off.
    Ah, ok, wasn't sure what that was supposed to be because of the color.

And thanks, found the option in Raven.
    Too bad it's only for non-player de/buffs. I'd much rather have it desaturate all de/buff icons. Maybe I can hack the code so it ignores the requirement...

€dit
    Didn't see the new screenshot. Much easier to understand how the unitframe works now.

Spontanously I'd say health and power bar seem to be very much at competition for attention atm, because they're nearly of the same size (only counting the upper, most visible part of health) and overlapping. I could imagine that with more distinguishable colors for power this might become even worse.

What I really like about your first screenshot is how the middle bar 'organises' the UF and builds a visual bridge to the lower edge. So it might be an idea to make it a permanent part of the UF? Maybe switch power and cast bar, white power in the middle with dark (when inactive) cast below it?. That way power could be permanently active infight without beeing too much of a distraction, while the big bar below would only grab attention when it's really needed...
    Last edited by mmoca13ec27692; 2014-08-01 at 07:07 PM.

You need to print screen and then paste the picture into paint/photoshop to get the bloom effects