Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by CClassiquee View Post
    I tried the thingie only with Shadowed Unit Frames. It kinda worked, I only did not get the colors. When I get damage, I will see this:

The background is kinda blank, and I want to achieve the colors like you have it.
    How do I do this?
    (by the way, I'm not copying your UI, I'm just trying to learn myself new stuff <3)
    Link fix for ya : )!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by the9thresident View Post
    i took the work of magicaldandruff and birgwow and a few suggestions from reading this thread
    still working on it and i'm really making it more for someone else than i am me
    she like raids and i like don't
    http://imgur.com/gallery/xRQIM
    been a lurker so i can't post links yet
    Annnnd link fix for you too!
    Last edited by PinkSquare; 2014-08-19 at 06:04 AM.

i took the work of magicaldandruff and birgwow and a few suggestions from reading this thread
    still working on it and i'm really making it more for someone else than i am me
    she like raids and i like don't
    http://imgur.com/gallery/xRQIM
    been a lurker so i can't post links yet

thnx to Paese for fixing my link!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2014-08-19 at 11:25 PM.

How many posts do I have to post before I can post links?
    Postception.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many posts do I have to post before I can post links?
    Postception.
    10 from memory. So you should be able to now.
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

Hey guys,

Just re-subbed and I've been using other people's UI's for years. I really want to start trying to get my own setup though but I don't even know where I can begin. Any advice on where I can start?

I should also mention that I am technologically stupid when it comes to computers (Scripts and the such).

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Hey guys,

Just re-subbed and I've been using other people's UI's for years. I really want to start trying to get my own setup though but I don't even know where I can begin. Any advice on where I can start?

I should also mention that I am technologically stupid when it comes to computers (Scripts and the such).
    For simplicity I suggest Bartender or Dominos for your bars and Shadowed Unit Frames for your unit frame shenanigans. Beyond that just add a boss mod and you're most of the way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymer View Post
    For simplicity I suggest Bartender or Dominos for your bars and Shadowed Unit Frames for your unit frame shenanigans. Beyond that just add a boss mod and you're most of the way there.
    Thanks! Was it just you started small with those, found one or two along hte way and added them in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Solmyr13 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've found touchymcfeel's (evn on MMO-C) guide to be a really great resource. The link is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQbQ...1D808689FB3840

If you notice, this guide is 2 years old, so while many of the add-ons are still current, some of them are not. So don't use this as a precise step-by-step guide to follow to the letter, but it gives you a good idea of what UI elements you need to think about, and a pretty good order for which UI elements to work on first. You may not even use the same order, but you'll notice he does Bartender before Pitbull, because he wants to place his unit frames down at the bottom, where the Blizzard default stuff gets in the way, if he hadn't done Bartender first.

I highly recommend it as a beginner UI developer. I'd recommend watching the whole series and not skipping parts, because he'll often explain his thought process behind things, which is really helpful to give you an idea of how to think about what you want in your UI.

He has a 5.2 guide as well, which has a couple of more advanced ideas (like UI swapping between characters, beyond ultra setting graphics, etc), but he never actually finished that guide, so I would start with the one I linked first, and then go to the 5.2 guide to learn how to change your fonts without Fonter (which is in his original guide, but is no longer a working addon) and maybe get a few more specific 5.2 tips.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post

Updated some stuff since that picture has been taken, more to come wednesday.

I like this alot! Any plans on releasing?
    Otherwise, do you mind sharing some fonts? Like chat + size . Anyway, nice job!
    *Addon list would be cool aswell :3.
    Last edited by Mixe; 2014-08-19 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    I like this alot! Any plans on releasing?
    Otherwise, do you mind sharing some fonts? Like chat + size . Anyway, nice job!
    *Addon list would be cool aswell :3.
    Sent you a PM.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

I tried the thingie only with Shadowed Unit Frames. It kinda worked, I only did not get the colors. When I get damage, I will see this:
    h ttp :/ / gy azo.c om/5560 2a7db19a 80e5c723df0d3 3565942
    The background is kinda blank, and I want to achieve the colors like you have it.
    How do I do this?
    (by the way, I'm not copying your UI, I'm just trying to learn myself new stuff <3)
    Under the healthbar options there is a few boxes you can check. Choose, Fill on Loss, Reverse Direction and under where you choose the statubar texture there is bar opacity, set that to 100% and bar color method set to health threshhold.

Like this. i.imgur.com/m3E0kWs.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    Ah, i remember September.

If there were some way to do the equivalent of "text-align:block" then it might look okay centred. I remember messing about a bit with SetWordWrap() but it still looked kinda off.
    Even if you managed to change the alignment it'd still be impractical, or at the very least inefficient use of space. It'd be really cool to experiment with though.

s790.photobucket.com/user/gunner_steph/media/WoWScrnShot_081814_201217.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

My UI. Basically just ElvUI and Skada. Always looking for ways to improve it so let me know what you think.
    Can't see it but the cast bars are right above the player/target units.

Deleted
    Inspired by Constie I made my own Stuf-version
    Name and percentage below the frame is ToT.
    i.imgur.com/gILqyVR.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc97c6e47b05; 2014-08-21 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhev View Post
    Inspired by Constie I did my own Stuf-version
    Name and percentage below the frame is ToT.
    i.imgur.com/gILqyVR.jpg
    This makes me sad.

3 different fonts, unused space with borders, multiple textures, unskinned icons, etc,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    This makes me sad.

3 different fonts, unused space with borders, multiple textures, unskinned icons, etc,
    The focus should lie with the stuf-frames and not with the UI as a whole. Logged the rogue just because it was the only one parked near a living target nearby. But ye I see the font differences now. The debuffs are unskinned cause I can't get the shit to work. Rumor has it that that plugin is bugged or something. The texture variations are there cause I like it when the player frame "pops out" of the underlying frame, taste issue. As for the unused space, if you mean the big box under the actionbars, that is the chatbox which due to time/zone/mood didn't contain any conversations, I thought imagination would do the trick I'm gonna get a better SS when I get the opportunity.

Worked more on my mage UI. I feel better about it, and it's pretty playable (maybe now after a couple months of being subbed I can actually play). I will probably disable the minimap or use Radar if I can change the texture used by arrows and dots, and I'll figure out something else to do with buffs.

It's not terribly original, but the layout works well for fire. I will post a party or raid shot later. Stuff fades out while idle and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Worked more on my mage UI. I feel better about it, and it's pretty playable (maybe now after a couple months of being subbed I can actually play). I will probably disable the minimap or use Radar if I can change the texture used by arrows and dots, and I'll figure out something else to do with buffs.

It's not terribly original, but the layout works well for fire. I will post a party or raid shot later. Stuff fades out while idle and all that.
    Big fan of this! It's very simple and standard, but it works really well. I'm a big fan of the gradient texture, reminds me of some of pHishr's and Ish's UIs.

The target frame especially is absolutely gorgeous. Didn't Led experiment with that shade of teal or am I talking out of my ass?

EDIT: To provide some form of feedback, I'd consider disabling the shadow on your pixel font.

Totally stole Destiria's unit frame layout for the moment.

Orange is focus, black is health, white is castbar.

for Target, black is health and class color is power.

The health backdrop colors by threshhold.

http://puu.sh/b2S77/68989a23a6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post

I like that. It's simple. Okay, not a fan of the fonts but that's nothing new.
    oh, honey.