Thread: Post Your UI

Here are a couple from when I played back in, I think, Wrath. I stopped playing during Cata, so they could even be from that time. I used Pitbull back then, so I had different colored dots to signify things like In Combat, Resting, etc., instead of the different icons that are usually seen.

http://i.imgur.com/KqEp24r.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/QvvQXO4.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Worked more on my mage UI. I feel better about it, and it's pretty playable (maybe now after a couple months of being subbed I can actually play). I will probably disable the minimap or use Radar if I can change the texture used by arrows and dots, and I'll figure out something else to do with buffs.

It's not terribly original, but the layout works well for fire. I will post a party or raid shot later. Stuff fades out while idle and all that.
    !!!! I logged in here to make this post just because omg Everlu! I used to fangirl you so hard on the UI and macro WoW forums. xD

Love the rainbowy gradient texture of the unit frames, how was this achieved? =)

Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    !!!! I logged in here to make this post just because omg Everlu! I used to fangirl you so hard on the UI and macro WoW forums. xD

Love the rainbowy gradient texture of the unit frames, how was this achieved? =)

The color gradient was a white to neon lime green gradient that I'd made a bit ago, and then when I saw Skullflower's latest update, I got inspired to slap a darker color on top of it. Credit to them for the idea, really, I'm just shameless. I want to set some time aside on one of my days off to make some more unique ones, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuo View Post
    This is a really important thing that a lot of people overlook because they just don't realize. Sans serif fonts are rendered absolutely horribly in WoW, while pixel fonts can use the Monochrome flag to look crisp and clean.
    Another issue is probably the limit on font size, because one of the few advantages a sans serif font has over a pixel font is that it looks a lot better at bigger sizes.
    I have to say I agree (I actually think I mentioned this in passing to Constie the other day, too, wishing my monitor panels had really high PPI). I prefer bold, sans serif typefaces for pretty much everything (I mean, I named my mage after one), but font rendering in-game applies smoothing that makes the letters line up poorly and look patchy. That is the only reason I use pixel fonts, for sure; I'm just anal retentive about controlling aesthetics.
    Last edited by Everlu; 2014-08-28 at 04:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Appreciate the swift reply. Yes you should totally make a set of custom textures and upload them, I am salivating at the thought.

SALIVATING. Because that's not creepy at all.

I don't care for pixel fonts but maybe I ought to try them out. *grudging sigh* I have stood strong against them in my UI for many years now.

I suppose I should share my current train wreck since I am posting in the UI sharing thread. Re: minimap: I don't want to talk about it or why it's migrated down there. I also don't want to talk about mismatched textures or fonts. Basically it's awful. I start out with good intentions and lose focus about 85% of the way in. xD this is not a link ---> imgur.com/QEiMBJj.jpg

Still not happy with the DBM extra info window placement and too much scrolling combat text spam.

Last edited by elmoe420; 2014-08-28 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    Changed color scheme, made BigWigs bars (the ones that are displaying my abilities with icons and names in the screenshot, since they're test bars) look nice:

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    Still not happy with the DBM extra info window placement and too much scrolling combat text spam.

(image)
    You ever try xCT? It's a scrolling text but will group like actions together. There's not a big option interface for it, just the placement and size of the boxes as well as testing, the rest is done in LUA.
    Last edited by Droit; 2014-08-28 at 08:41 AM. Reason: left some code out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droit View Post
    You ever try xCT? It's a scrolling text but will group like actions together. There's not a big option interface for it, just the placement and size of the boxes as well as testing, the rest is done in LUA.
    I actually downloaded xCT two days ago and despite not having been updated for years it's still perfectly smooth. I like it a lot more than its successor, xCT+.

Going to make myself a new UI.
    - Clean
    - Minimalistic
    - Simplistic
    - Pve and Pvp

Just read the last 100 pages of this thread (~700 pages is too much :P), to inspire myself with some ideas.

If anyone got some new ideas/inspiration for clean/minimalstic UI, please share.
    I hope to finish mine this weekend, i'll share ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    If anyone got some new ideas/inspiration for clean/minimalstic UI, please share.
    Looking at other games' UIs is always a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post

You have a lot of negative space by raid frames, i think you are a healer? Either way if your eyes are on the raid frames then the glance to the right for DBM would be better, plus it's nice to see combat text but I've learned to just omit it and look at the meters. Just my opinion though.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Looking at other games' UIs is always a good idea.
    +1 kaitain

I was inspired in the mmo Black Desert to try create one UI

look this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AflJnTwUu3w

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    I just look through other people's UIs nowadays to find inspiration, lately I've been absolutely entranced by some of Kaitain's old work. Genuinely believe he/she's the most creative mind behind WoW UIs.

You can look at other games as mentioned, Dawn did a really cool Aion inspired UI a few years ago, and another example's obviously zork's Diablo UI.

Anyone have some creative UI's that utilized the Roth UI concept?

Been a long time for me, logged on and tried the game some yesterday.. ended up not playing very much, mostly fooling around with ui stuff. :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8fcm59i5l...30852.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to make a default:ish gui if i ever get time for it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnve4i8k1m...33559.jpg?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by digitallyatomic View Post
    Anyone have some creative UI's that utilized the Roth UI concept?
    Roth UI isn't a concept?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed a UI that was based on Birg's Shaman UI but edited it for my Warrior instead, not as complex but I liked the look of it in general even. I edited some bits and bops, and ended up with this Yin-Yang coloured UI.

http://i57.tinypic.com/ie41f4.jpg (The pic is too big to make it visible in here, so just giving a link)

The top Yin Yang:
    - Yin = Shield Slam cooldown
    - Yang = Revenge cooldown
    - The circle around it = Dragon Roar cooldown

The bottom Yin Yang:
    - Yin = first stack of Shield Block's cooldown
    - Yang = second stack of Shield Block's cooldown

The vertical bar next to my health turns black when Shield Wall is in cooldown, and slowly progresses up, and the vertical bar next my target's health turns black when my Revenge is on Cooldown.

And of course, all colours were focused around the Yin Yang colour pallette.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Well yes in a sense it is. Roth UI utilizes the essence of Diablo 3's UI manking it a conceptual take on the Diablo 3's UI.

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Been a long time for me, logged on and tried the game some yesterday.. ended up not playing very much, mostly fooling around with ui stuff. :P

dropbox.com/s/j8fcm59i5l8t7cs/WoWScrnShot_083014_130852.jpg?dl=0
    Mate, can you share info about used addons?
    Is it possible to get the whole UI?

Quote Originally Posted by digitallyatomic View Post
    Well yes in a sense it is. Roth UI utilizes the essence of Diablo 3's UI manking it a conceptual take on the Diablo 3's UI.
    I meant that it isn't a concept, it's a full UI...