Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Big update on my little UI side project. What I think most of my fellow UI enthusiasts will find most noteworthy is not the theme, but the the concepts that were used to make it. It took me the longest time to come up with a way to get the "fluid" look of the progress bars. Feast your eyes upon its epicness! It's come a long way from the still I posted 3 months ago.

but yeah, downside...no target frames since the game didn't have them. So its pretty much just eye candy in its current state. Anyway, enjoy!

*oops, forgot to make the other video link public
    What is that font used in the cast bar? Love the concept! Keep up the good work!
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

The font was - Christopher Hand

Its pretty nice for standard things like spell names and mob targets but if you use it for player names that have like....alt codes, it'll probably just cut off right where the alt code starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora View Post
    Going to make myself a new UI.
    - Clean
    - Minimalistic
    - Simplistic
    - Pve and Pvp

Just read the last 100 pages of this thread (~700 pages is too much :P), to inspire myself with some ideas.

If anyone got some new ideas/inspiration for clean/minimalstic UI, please share.
    I hope to finish mine this weekend, i'll share ofcourse.
    Thnx for the advices, I got a lot of inspiration from "magicaldandruff" and the base of my WeakAura's is based around the Sigil he used/created.
    I've been busy with it, it's not finished yet.

I'm looking for some "paladinish" artwork, like the sigil:

But this time i need something for behind my actionbars, preferably as .png with transparent background. But I can also Photoshop, so anything cool would be welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to level up a warrior 5 days ago, and I managed to make this simple UI.
    It'll suffice until WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayhos View Post
    I decided to level up a warrior 5 days ago, and I managed to make this simple UI.
    It'll suffice until WoD.
    I know you're pretty happy with it so far, but I'll give you a bit of advice in hopes it'll carry over into your WoD UI.

Abilities:
    Move your stance bar back down near your other abilities or hide it altogether and make a Weakaura to show if you aren't in Defensive stance.

Download Clean Icons: Thin @ wowinterface - of course, this is optional. In my opinion it just looks better.

Chat:
    Turn off chat timestamps unless you absolutely need them.

Download nibChatTabs @ wowinterface to hide the chat tabs until mouseover.

Make the background of your chat transparent unless you have trouble seeing what is there.

Raid/Party Frame:
    Go to Interface > Raid Profiles and check "Use Raid-Style Party Frames", then uncheck "Display Border"

Skada:
    You have two indicators of player class: icon and bar color. You should choose one over the other.

Resize Skada window to fit inside the graphic you have laid out for it.

Take off the border on your Skada Title bar.

Use this macro to show / hide your Skada Title bar:
    Code:
    /run SkadaBarWindowSkada.win.db.enabletitle = not SkadaBarWindowSkada.win.db.enabletitle Skada:ApplySettings()
    Macro credit goes to Crudor.
    Last edited by infamousX; 2014-08-31 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Formatting.

Here's a unitframe layout I'm working on.

From top to bottom: Cast, Power, Health

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post

That is actually really awesome. Love the health percentage placement as well.

The striped texture imo would have been better on the castbar during an uninterruptable cast, unless you have some other means of indicating that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Small update. The chat toggle button changes colors, from the dark shown here to the same green used elsewhere when the chat is hidden.
    Last edited by Arborus; 2014-09-01 at 06:54 AM.

Quick question.. How do you place various addons such as unit bars, action bars and so on perfectly? By perfectly I mean symmetrical and so on, for example accurately in the middle or the same space to the left of one unit frame as on the right for another unit frame.. Sorry, I suck at explaining.

The only thing I know about is an addon called Align, but wondering if there are any other tricks

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/o11ZjGOl.jpg

Small update. The chat toggle button changes colors, from the dark shown here to the same green used elsewhere when the chat is hidden.
    I didn't think I'd like this from the picture with just the unit frames, but with the consistent theme it's pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicated View Post
    Quick question.. How do you place various addons such as unit bars, action bars and so on perfectly? By perfectly I mean symmetrical and so on, for example accurately in the middle or the same space to the left of one unit frame as on the right for another unit frame.. Sorry, I suck at explaining.

The only thing I know about is an addon called Align, but wondering if there are any other tricks
    Some addons (like PitBull and Bartender) have config menu options that let you set exact anchor point offsets, like this. Otherwise Align or similar is usually the easiest thing, but if you need to be exactly precise you can always go into WTF\account\SavedVariables\AddonName.lua, find where the addon stores your saved frame positions, and change them there (but editing SavedVariables files only works if you're logged out, so it's much less convenient).

Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Been a long time for me, logged on and tried the game some yesterday.. ended up not playing very much, mostly fooling around with ui stuff. :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8fcm59i5l...30852.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to make a default:ish gui if i ever get time for it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnve4i8k1m...33559.jpg?dl=0
    Is it just me .. or are these screenshots offline?
    oh, honey.

New character, new setup to try out.

http://imgur.com/VjpO8yC

The white dots above the player name are chi points, which stretch across to the target. Or spilt even between the two, whatever. Want to do some more weak auras, or let the default ones show, just not sure yet. Still some stuff to do anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    No, they were up a day or so ago, but I get the 404 message now.

Odd,

Try these.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtcc91nko1...23436.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7wndaq9lc...33559.jpg?dl=0

-_-v

Might have something to do with the fappening and dropbox idk.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    Might have something to do with the fappening and dropbox idk.
    twin2's pictures were down before that event really took off, so it's not that. In any case he reuploaded and the new links work perfectly fine.

EDIT: I've been trying to find a good broker plugin for changing Loot Specialization, does anyone know one? The two I've found (Know Your Loot Spec and Broker: LootSpec) are either incompatible with cargoShip or too cluttered for my needs. If not I guess I'll have to dig into how LDB's work for the first time...
    Last edited by mmocd31d5ad991; 2014-09-01 at 07:21 PM.

Ok here it is, my UI for solo/pvping. The one fore PVE/Raiding is not finished.

Last edited by lawomous; 2014-09-02 at 06:53 AM.

Deleted
    Wauw I love it! Me wants

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twin2 View Post
    Been a long time for me, logged on and tried the game some yesterday.. ended up not playing very much, mostly fooling around with ui stuff. :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8fcm59i5l...30852.jpg?dl=0

I am trying to make a default:ish gui if i ever get time for it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnve4i8k1m...33559.jpg?dl=0
    I like your priest UI. What do you use for your target frame (and how do you track your health)? And out of curiosity, what do the bars track? I'm guessing it's Mana, Rapture etc but can't quite work out what else they are...
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

Quote Originally Posted by Droit View Post
    New character, new setup to try out.

http://imgur.com/VjpO8yC

The white dots above the player name are chi points, which stretch across to the target. Or spilt even between the two, whatever. Want to do some more weak auras, or let the default ones show, just not sure yet. Still some stuff to do anyway.
    I really like the idea ... and I'll guess I try something similar w/o pixel fonts

Thanks, they work!

I like the statusbar texture of the first one .. which is that?
    oh, honey.