Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by InfusOnWoW View Post
    <snip>
    Thanks man, you are awesome.

So this is what I've got so far on my FFXIV-ish UI.

Target Frame (Friendly w/ targetoftarget):

Target (Hostile):

Obviously dummies cannot target players....yet.

TP was just a mana duplicate since...I dunno what the WoW equivalent would be, or a LIMIT BREAK. Wish we had those in WoW. Was trying to stay true to the screenshots I saw, so no HP numbers on the target bar. Could add them though.

Things I wish WeakAuras added:
    1)Smooth bar progression
    2)Options for 2-tone text
    3) Full 3D rotation for EVERYTHING

Still have loads of problems like:
    1) Targetoftarget things don't update in real-time. I have to re-target for them to show up.
    2) The stats (HP,MP) don't show up until there is an update to the values. So they are blank upon entering the world. Its the same weakauras problem I had in the Lords of Shadow UI which I never found a solution for.
    3) I'm a noob that doesn't know how to show current/max values of something.

If anyone knows how to fix any of them, lemme know, so I can pick your brain.
    Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-09-17 at 05:27 AM.

[QUOTE=magicaldandruff;29528659]Thanks man, you are awesome.

So this is what I've got so far on my FFXIV-ish UI.

Target Frame (Friendly w/ targetoftarget):

Target (Hostile):

Obviously dummies cannot target players....yet.

damn i tried creating this a while ago... i just could not get the textures right.. Good stuff i like 14's layout

7+ Year Old Account
    After being in the shadows of this thread for a long time only viewing I thought it was my turn to contribute with something.
    I'm using Skullflower's edit of elvui as a base. Modified for my needs.

I have been using this layout for a long time and would like some criticism on how to slim it in a raid environment, or atleast how to tidy it up a bit. Or the UI in general. So please share you thoughts .

Idle + weakauras.
    10M raid

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    ~snip~
    What font are you using on the FF-styled unitframes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post

Awkward.. we both have good taste. credits to Arborus for mine
    Last edited by infamousX; 2014-09-17 at 09:43 PM.

Theres 2 different ones. The numbers are Planet Opti. There's a second one called XOIREQE which is a little thicker than the first one. Both are styled more closely to the numbers from FFXIII rather than FFXIV, which seems to have slimmer looking numbers. The letter font for names and stuff is just Accidental President or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Inval1d View Post

Started on a bit of a rework of my UI while keeping it within the same style as before. Currently done Player, Target and Raid frames, as well as cast bars. To do: Focus, Party and Boss frames.

Suggestions/Criticisms?
    I like it! Your raid frames gave me great inspiriation, so I more or less copied your raid frame layout, but I would suggest making party frames same size and position as raid frames.

Also I would clean up the Tidyplates(?) text, it's a lot of irrelevant information there and it makes it cluttered. Level, hp & hp percentage & name. I would suggest just removing all the text except the name. You could maybe keep hp percent if you really feel like you need it.

Tip, read the imgUR guide to see how to link images properly.

Deleted
    Looking for some opinions and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Looking for some opinions and suggestions.

<snip>

Looks good! I <3 font unity, and I'm liking the placement of the combat text a lot.

As for what I would change... to keep with theme I would outline your lightning shield stacks (?) with that 1px border to keep with the theme. Also a lot of elements are swapping between having 1px and 2px in between them, I don't know if that's intentional or not (ex, between your target bar and the bars above it, there's 1px, but between each bar there's 2px now). I'd also maybe unify some of the icons sizes since none of them are equal (see pic):

(that being said I'm just majorly OCD about sizing and pixels, which you can probably tell from this:
    )

I'd also make your red bars grow downwards for vertical symmetry, and also bind /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); to something on load.

A lot of that is personal taste though ^_^ /thumbsup
    --paese

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paese View Post
    Looks good! I <3 font unity, and I'm liking the placement of the combat text a lot.

As for what I would change... to keep with theme I would outline your lightning shield stacks (?) with that 1px border to keep with the theme. Also a lot of elements are swapping between having 1px and 2px in between them, I don't know if that's intentional or not (ex, between your target bar and the bars above it, there's 1px, but between each bar there's 2px now). I'd also maybe unify some of the icons sizes since none of them are equal (see pic):

[IMG]http://i.snag.gy/h3xZC.jpg[/I MG]

(that being said I'm just majorly OCD about sizing and pixels, which you can probably tell from this:
    )

I'd also make your red bars grow downwards for vertical symmetry, and also bind /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); to something on load.

--paese
    I can't really change the border since changing the size of the icon on WA also scales the border, unless you have a way to fix that.

7+ Year Old Account

)

--paese
    *Drool* How did you get pixel text with a pie cooldown for your weakauras? Looks very nice . Do you mind sharing a full ui pic?

www*dropbox*com/s/wt9o4mw3wvcxsbq/WoWScrnShot_091814_230623*jpg?dl=0

replace "*" with "." , can't post links yet
    very simple UI I tried to make, no big fancy stuff involved yet, have to fix WA, in-combat screenshot when I have one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davins View Post

very simple UI I tried to make, no big fancy stuff involved yet, have to fix WA, in-combat screenshot when I have one
    You should consider customizing your chat and unitframes a bit more. A border around your unitframes can make all the difference in the world, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I can't really change the border since changing the size of the icon on WA also scales the border, unless you have a way to fix that.
    If you mean for just icons, usually assuming you're using an icon replacement that has borders on it already like clean icons - thin, you can just mess with the zoom to get the sexy 1px border.

So like here theres 3 different sizes:

Smallest has 0% zoom, medium is a 5% zoom, and the largest is a 10% zoom : )! Makes 'em puuuurfect <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    *Drool* How did you get pixel text with a pie cooldown for your weakauras? Looks very nice . Do you mind sharing a full ui pic?

Font used for icons is IMAGINE_FONT for the medium and large icons, and 5X5 Square for the small icons (all icons set to monochrome). The pie cooldown is just an option checkbox if you make an icon.

Consider it a teaser! I'll post some screenies this weekend when it's more functional ^o^!

-paese

Also wtb more UI screenshots in honour of hitting pg700

Deleted
    If you mean for just icons, usually assuming you're using an icon replacement that has borders on it already like clean icons - thin, you can just mess with the zoom to get the sexy 1px border.

So like here theres 3 different sizes:

[IMG]http://i.snag.gy/5ldyc.jpg[/ IMG]

Smallest has 0% zoom, medium is a 5% zoom, and the largest is a 10% zoom : )! Makes 'em puuuurfect <3
    Oh, that's awesome. Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by Davins View Post

Link fix jus' fo' you!

<<LinkyLinkClickyClick>>

edit: oops! wrong person! Fixed x)
    Last edited by PinkSquare; 2014-09-19 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    Link fix jus' fo' you!

<<LinkyLinkClickyClick>>
    Well, not for me I hope.

Also wtb more UI screenshots in honour of hitting pg700
    i can do that

Idle
    http://i.imgur.com/QozSv21.jpg

Target + Casting
    http://i.imgur.com/rugCdmj.jpg

10M + WA
    http://i.imgur.com/7jSpzTM.jpg

Healing UI
    http://i.imgur.com/tS7kVt9.jpg

ive been thinking about changing things around for WoD, im just not sure where to start since ive been using this setup in some variation or other since Cata...
    Last edited by Zachysaurus; 2014-09-19 at 01:04 AM.

same as it ever was

wowinterface sure does ruin image quality, don't have the originals anymore though

Did some tweaks and I'm mostly happy with my Enhancement Shaman now. (Or rather, I'll now move on to the next class )

So the special thing in this setup is a special custom made combat log tracker. Pretty much every attack that enhancement shamans have results in multiple damage numbers, which make floating combat texts pretty inconvenient. So I decided to built a combat log display with Weakauras that combines those numbers.

I already posted a video about that a few days ago, since then I've fixed the performance problems I initially had and captured some better footage of how it looks in action:

I posted links to the weakaura strings on that video.