Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Ayasee View Post
    Does anybody have a good objectives tracker? The one from Nibelheim doesn't work since patch.
    SorhaQuestLog

Quote Originally Posted by jSewell View Post
    Looking forward to more posts! I really, really love the unit frames.
    Thanks! Here is a video showing a slightly improved UI showing my raid frames/damage metres etc in combat. I still have a few positional tweaks to iron out (e.g. boss mod and buff bars), and Im thinking about losing the double-sword art in the middle as its not quite in keeping with the rest of the UI and has become a bit superfluous since 6.0 (but I do like it so may try to squeeze it in somewhere! ). As with most UIs, it always changing so watch this space!

Disclaimer: I make no excuses for my poor gameplay and lack of armour repairs - the video was merely to show the UI, not how bad a player I am

Deleted
    I don't think the animations like for the Mage castbar or being at 5 holy power fit the rest of it very well. Everything else about it is nice and restrained.

Edit: Oh, I think I forgot to say that I really liked the Supervillain UI someone posted earlier. The minimap text in particular is delightful.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2014-10-20 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    Thanks! Here is a video showing a slightly improved UI showing my raid frames/damage metres etc in combat. I still have a few positional tweaks to iron out (e.g. boss mod and buff bars), and Im thinking about losing the double-sword art in the middle as its not quite in keeping with the rest of the UI and has become a bit superfluous since 6.0 (but I do like it so may try to squeeze it in somewhere! ). As with most UIs, it always changing so watch this space!

Disclaimer: I make no excuses for my poor gameplay and lack of armour repairs - the video was merely to show the UI, not how bad a player I am

I really like the style but it's too much in the middle of the screen. The video perfectly shows how you lost track of what's happening around your character, camping in that AoE. Moving down everything will help a lot, also that square of buttons is way to high, make it a single line.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanzilla View Post
    I really like the style but it's too much in the middle of the screen. The video perfectly shows how you lost track of what's happening around your character, camping in that AoE. Moving down everything will help a lot, also that square of buttons is way to high, make it a single line.
    See the disclaimer - my performance had nothing to do with the UI elements, and the UI is built around my personal playstyle (preferring everything centred for ease of reference) and its not meant to please everyone but thanks for the feedback, I was actually already considering moving the centrepiece down a bit .

Here's where I'm at so far in 6.0. Probably going to do another WeakAura for Thrill of the Hunt to get rid of the icon, and then figure out what to do regarding Stampede/Crows tracking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Updated my mage UI for anyone who's interested. Not much changed, basically just adapted it to the changes.
    Insanely well designed. I love it.

trying to get my design in game right now, some of it ist just a texture thats loaded when i have my moonkin form up.

http://i.imgur.com/mn2SSbF.jpg i couldnt make it in a group or the BG texture just went blury as hell. i will try again later with pixel sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post

Yeah, this eclipse bar is not cutting it for me, visually... :P Cursory glance at the druid community shows lots of WeakAuras, and I don't know if I really want to install that or if I can set up anything that will be as, uh, unflashy as I want.

Oh and don't worry, that DoT bar is not going to actually be pink. It's just an automatic color assignment by Raven, and it'll be changed.
    You could try this one. Its not "over the top" flashy.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...WA2-EZ-Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Updated my mage UI for anyone who's interested. Not much changed, basically just adapted it to the changes.
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/weakaur...s/ui-showcase/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Here's where I'm at so far in 6.0. Probably going to do another WeakAura for Thrill of the Hunt to get rid of the icon, and then figure out what to do regarding Stampede/Crows tracking.

By and large I think your UI is laid out really nicely and looks great.

The main criticism I'd have is too many "floating icons." The icons around your unit frame, for example, are fine and look good, since they're essentially "docked" to the center UI element. But then you have like six or seven icons just floating in space, which I think looks a bit cluttery/disorganized.

Of course, the changes you allude to in your post may address some/all of that. I really like your UI otherwise...the central structure and the overall look and feel.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i noticed a ton of dps perspectives. Anyone have any main tank warrior UI's that allows you to watch everything happening while being minimalistic and clean?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythsyn View Post
    So i noticed a ton of dps perspectives. Anyone have any main tank warrior UI's that allows you to watch everything happening while being minimalistic and clean?
    I'll get a screenshot for you next time I tank.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythsyn View Post

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ekcinadUI.html

:-)
    Last edited by Mixe; 2014-10-20 at 10:38 PM.

Shiet. I was trying to find a UI but I didn't want to get rid of skullflower. This is the best of two worlds!

Thanks a lot, this also helps me.

EDIT: It seems outdated as hell. Can I update this myself..? I'm not really good with UI's myself.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2014-10-20 at 10:57 PM.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Little update showing the general "in raid combat" look, minus raid frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I'll get a screenshot for you next time I tank.
    Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    done in time for the patch, hooray.
    I'm a big fan of UI overhauls that keep the "clean" look of the original UI layout. I absolutely fell in love with the last few screenshots you posted of yours. Is there any way you would be willing to share it? I just came back for 6.0 and I'm looking for a replacement. Also, does anyone know where I can find an updated version of Neav UI or any other UI overhaul that incorporates Neal's Mainbar?

Hello all. So many beautiful UI's I wish I was so talented... sigh

In Post 13599 Lyn has 2 links (can't post or reply with anything containing links so I am saying which post I saw the link in) where the player and target unit frames are kinda ragged looking. How is that done? Is there a library I should download to get such a border?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Hello all. So many beautiful UI's I wish I was so talented... sigh

In Post 13599 Lyn has 2 links (can't post or reply with anything containing links so I am saying which post I saw the link in) where the player and target unit frames are kinda ragged looking. How is that done? Is there a library I should download to get such a border?
    Custom statusbar and border textures can be made available in game with an addon like SharedMedia. I don't recognize those particular ones, but you will probably find tons of stuff that's similar if you do a search for SharedMedia borders or statusbars.