Thread: Post Your UI

I use kgPanels to put borders on more or less everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    so stuf updated.. Thank god. Anyways, what do you guys use for borders? The ones that come with stuf I find lack either the fantasy rpg style I like or the minimalist simple look. Is most everyone just using WA to make borders; maybe kgpanels?
    kgPanels is a good way. There's also this fairly quick guide to being able to put 1px borders on Stuf frames.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, just looking for some advice. Wondering about different ways to show my short buffs (on Raven sub 2mins).

http://cl.ly/image/3v2C0h043o0S/Scre...2001.14.56.png

Also:

1. Ignore the bar on the far right.
    2. Anyone know why I can't get the calendar to hide, 'GameTimeFrame' isn't making it disappear
    3. Positioning Skada and chat frame with lua?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Gnosis has this weird bug where my dots fade out upon entering/leaving meta.

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    so stuf updated.. Thank god. Anyways, what do you guys use for borders? The ones that come with stuf I find lack either the fantasy rpg style I like or the minimalist simple look. Is most everyone just using WA to make borders; maybe kgpanels?
    I just have no background and bars placed 1px inside. That gives a 1px border. For extra bars in funny places that need borders I use blank texts with opaque backgrounds.

I never managed to get them orbs to work properly with my ui

Quote Originally Posted by cast View Post
    Kept the basic layout since TBC, only small alterations as time has gone by.

Any questions, nitpicking, criticism and suggestions are greatly appreciated

One day I'll stop being lazy and embrace WA

Can someone PM cast for me and ask if he could provide a download for his UI - Unable to PM due to the 10 post limit

Deleted
    I like your UI its clean and you can see everything you need the only thing i would change is the raidframe. I like it little bit bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    Thanks.

Yes I hope to make a "KaitUI" from all this in the near future, but I have a few technical issues that I need to sort out first that are likely to cause some delay. The main one is how to make an addon that loads profiles for all the other addons (I know the code to load profiles, just not how to make an addon). And also a lot of other minor things, like how to force addons into different strata when their configs have no setting for it, etc. I'll ask about these things in more detail in another thread, but first I need to spend more time trying to figure them out for myself first so as not to waste people's time.
    Consider me following this closely and brimmed with anticipation

Best of luck!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Going to be changing it a bit aesthetically. Mess with textures and colours but for now I think the layout is okay. A typical layout for me really, so nothing amazeballs.

Think I'm going to drop the party frame down the side so that the top party member is in-line with the ToT/Player/Target setup.

I don't have one line of chat, I have an old addon that minimizes chat whilst inactive and then maximizes it when I get a message through a certain channel.

To see any changes that I go through, stream is in my sig. I actually have a decent internet connection these days.
    Can someone tell me which addon has been used for these unit frames?

Any unit frame addon could fairly easily be configured to look like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Any unit frame addon could fairly easily be configured to look like that.
    I know that. However, when I try to recreate it I get stuck at some detail.
    For example the power bars are not as wide as the hp-bars (player and target).
    I can't recreate that in Shadowed Unit Frames.
    In addition to that I can't display the hp-percentage without the "%" sign with SUF.

The font of the cast bar has some sort of outline, which Quartz can't recreate either and as it's exactly the same as the one in the hp\power-bar I guess it's not Pitbull, because Pitbull can't recreate that kind of cast-bar, mainly because of the text positioning which Pitbull has little to no options for.

I don't really know what else it could be, that's why I'm asking.

Stuf can do all of those, so it'd either be that or an oUF layout.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/stuf-unit-frames

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    Stuf can do all of those, so it'd either be that or an oUF layout.
    Thanks! I'll try that!

WOW there are some really nice UI's out there. Cant post mine yet

Deleted
    Any idea which font carebear is using?

Still working on it, almost done.

Larger view http://i.imgur.com/gew4FeK.jpg
    Last edited by Doakes; 2014-10-23 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post

Yeah, this eclipse bar is not cutting it for me, visually... :P Cursory glance at the druid community shows lots of WeakAuras, and I don't know if I really want to install that or if I can set up anything that will be as, uh, unflashy as I want.
    I was in the same boat, so I made my own eclipsebar for a better match! I tweaked the artwork from the most druid-ey looking one (EclipseBarPlus) and frankensteined it together. The text color blend code was shared to me by InfusOnWoW, cause I asked him, and he's a cool dude. Still working out the kinks but it does what I need so far. Jump in to the WeakAuras pool....the water's nice!

Not many people can use it cause its bendy. GO ME!

Last edited by magicaldandruff; 2014-10-23 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    Problem is for me, the thing in the middle is beautiful, rest is ... yeah .. not. I guess it's still WIP, right? That would explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by iuris View Post
    Hey guys, just looking for some advice. Wondering about different ways to show my short buffs (on Raven sub 2mins).

http://cl.ly/image/3v2C0h043o0S/Scre...2001.14.56.png

Also:

1. Ignore the bar on the far right.
    2. Anyone know why I can't get the calendar to hide, 'GameTimeFrame' isn't making it disappear
    3. Positioning Skada and chat frame with lua?
    I like that.

2.) Try
    GameTimeFrame:Hide()
    GameTimeFrame.Show = GameTimeFrame.Hide

3) ChatFrame1:SetPoint() is not working?
    Last edited by Lyn; 2014-10-23 at 10:19 AM.
    oh, honey.

7+ Year Old Account
    What it currently looks like in a raid enviroment in 6.0. The black thingies at bottom and right is a bug from mouse over bars.

Looking for feedback .