Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Any ideas on Partyframes, what to do with dmg meter and objetive windows?
    Unless you have a need to actually see the numbers from the meter, and make decisions from them during combat then I wouldn't worry too much about that.
    You can simply toggle it out of combat, and then hide it again.

Perhaps take a look at SorhaQuestLog for the objectives tracker.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    Cant remember the name of the addon between your player and target frames - was it remade for wod?
    I really like this UI. Care to post/repost?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Are these the MF ticks on your UF/castbar? If yes, what are you using for that? Gnosis?
    Yes, it's Gnosis. For some reason I like the stacked unit frames/cast bar for this spec a lot. Might try it on my paladin. Decisions are hard. Also loading a Reflux profile wrecked half my settings, and I lost all the work I did on the priest. Woe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Here's a healing/multifunction UI, not top notch clean yet but still serviceable.

Really digging your damage meters. How'd you get them to look like that?

Also like your boss mod timers. Any chance you're using BigWigs?
    Skye <Entropy> | US - Frostmourne 8/13M HFC | Twitch | Armoury

Gorgeous signature by ELYPOP <3

ElvUI/TohrUI

Still trying to figure out some better positioning of some of the frames, but overall I'm pretty pleased with how its coming together.

Last edited by lawomous; 2014-12-18 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Any ideas on Partyframes, what to do with dmg meter and objetive windows?

I would substitute raid frames for party frames so they aren't quite so colossal. If you really dislike the default objective tracker, you could try Sorha Quest Log and move it and/or damage meter into the top left. You also have plenty of space in the bottom right for damage meter.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    Yes, it's Gnosis. For some reason I like the stacked unit frames/cast bar for this spec a lot. Might try it on my paladin. Decisions are hard. Also loading a Reflux profile wrecked half my settings, and I lost all the work I did on the priest. Woe.
    I really need to add ticks to my oUF layout ... but damn that sucks to implement.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyefire View Post
    Really digging your damage meters. How'd you get them to look like that?

Also like your boss mod timers. Any chance you're using BigWigs?
    Thanks! the damage meter is details! with fer37 bar texture from sharedmedia and Homespun font from the XCT+ addon and yes, the boss mod is big wigs again with the same bar texture and font.

Deleted
    I haven't linked my UI in ages. I have changed back from Grid (which was mainly used to match the UI theme) to the Blizzard Raid Frames because they show the correct debuffs that Boss encounters use whereas Grid requires plugins and waiting for authors to make them which isn't ideal for progression.

Here's a healing/multifunction UI, not top notch clean yet but still serviceable.
    Love this UI... if you ever manage to do a tank version... I would love it

Quote Originally Posted by MayronEU View Post
    I haven't linked my UI in ages. I have changed back from Grid (which was mainly used to match the UI theme) to the Blizzard Raid Frames because they show the correct debuffs that Boss encounters use whereas Grid requires plugins and waiting for authors to make them which isn't ideal for progression.

I like your UI a lot, have done for years. (and btw thank you for your tutorial on kgpanels scripting, it has helped me a ton with a current project).

Regarding the default blizzard frames (which rarely fit the style of custom UIs that well): If you are able to extract and edit blizzard's .blp interface files then I think if you go to Interface > RAIDFRAME there are a lot of pretty straightforwards** files you can edit to customise the look of the raid frames. Specifically the main texture would be a 2 min fix to change, but also the borders.

** - straightforwards in the sense that it's visually clear how blizz is using each file.

Quote Originally Posted by MayronEU View Post

You should give Vuhdo a try for raid frames. It takes a bit of setting up but it seems that all the raid debuffs are working properly from my experience.

Would you share that UI? It's so beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    I would substitute raid frames for party frames so they aren't quite so colossal. .
    the reason they are so large is that i havent found any better way to track all the hots you throw around as druid. so if anyone got any other suggestion id love to hear how to track em easily
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlu View Post
    I think someone posted a few pages back about modifying Constie's addon (called Singularity) for their class. Said it was quite easy. I considered doing it for ret, but I have other ideas for that. I am, however, using it for my shadow priest; here's what I whipped up for leveling her.
    What are your fonts? Pixel is Imagine I assume?

I use a variant of Hoog. The sans serif font is a variant of FF DIN.

is this to bland n boring? need idea of a font aswell, should i have the text where it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Playing around with these nameplates.

Meh. I feel like text nameplates would be really ineffective and difficult to parse during an encounter. Depends on your role and play style, though, I guess...I would hate it for DPS, but I don't use friendly nameplates for healing. Considering the information nameplates are designed to provide, I have to wonder if this is not the best way to display that information.

I've also been curious for the last couple of posts I've seen if you plan on having something appear tot he left of the time and location text, because it's left-aligned to the center of the screen rather than being in the center.

I'm not sure if text only nameplates are the best way to display the information, I just saw them in a video online and wanted to play around with the idea a bit more. I'd really like them better if they didn't need a text outline to be readable enough, at least with the font I'm using currently.

The time and location text are placeholder remnants of the Overwatch UI I've put on the backburner for the moment. They're meant to mirror the round time/objective text.

On an unrelated note, I want to find a better way to track all of the cooldowns I have kind of wrapped around my player portrait currently. They're things I want to know at a moments glance but I think there's a more elegant solution than just icons with timers- especially because it breaks the symmetry of the unitframes.