Thread: Post Your UI

perhaps i went a little overboard with the 2px borders, but im liking it for now.

sorry about the image size, i wanted to upload to a site that didnt compress my image to shit (imgur >)

jk went back to pixel fonts, cant help it. found a nice looking one. sucks that it doesnt support special characters though. ill have to go into a font editor and fix that.

http://i.cubeupload.com/jnUQpT.png
    Last edited by kheath812; 2015-03-06 at 06:31 AM.

I have made some changes based on some suggestions, let me know what you think.

The changes made from the last one were a square power tracker from an oval one to fit with the other changes. I also have the healing/damage text for my toon coming from behind the power tracker then over the weak auras for arcane missile charges (Or shadow orbs/soul shards/etc). The pulsing blue glow behind the power tracker is for 4 arcane charges. I also added a more visable weak auras tracker for the T6 talents (Rune of Power/Incanters Flow/Mirror Images).

I do have some overlap issues with DBM warnings and bars that I am still sorting out, but other than that I think I am pretty much done (except for weak auras for the other classes)

Here is the the album that show the UI at rest (as well as older comabt shots) - http://imgur.com/a/TMshO
    Last edited by Daswolfen; 2015-03-06 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiru View Post
    I am currently working on a new bonus loot roll frame, as the default one does not fir into my UI (not even the one included in miirgui)

Here is a quick preview

Left is the spec icon if you happen to be want loot for a different spec then you are currently specced in and the top icon will show the roll animation.

Pls have a look here and maybe you can do something better with the bonus loot, it would be nice
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bonusrollpreview

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    perhaps i went a little overboard with the 2px borders, but im liking it for now.
    sorry about the image size, i wanted to upload to a site that didnt compress my image to shit (imgur >)
    jk went back to pixel fonts, cant help it. found a nice looking one. sucks that it doesnt support special characters though. ill have to go into a font editor and fix that.
    http://i.cubeupload.com/jnUQpT.png
    This looks nice. What is the Raid CDs addon on the right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    This looks nice. What is the Raid CDs addon on the right?
    I think it is this:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...cooldowns_and/

Its a Weakauras that tracks this

7+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have a minimalistic objective / quest frame? I think i have seen some people with different ones in the thread but too lazy to look trough. T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    Does anyone have a minimalistic objective / quest frame? I think i have seen some people with different ones in the thread but too lazy to look trough. T_T
    I took out the frilly-ness with a simple change of a game asset for mine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trvwAGKsNL8&t=45
    If that's what you want. It's obviously not any more minimal in terms of info displayed though.
    Let me know if you want the file for this.

7+ Year Old Account
    If that's what you want. It's obviously not any more minimal in terms of info displayed though.
    Slick, i would love to get my hands on thoose. Perhaps with a tutorial on how to use it aswell

I would love the file for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mixe View Post
    I really dig SorhaQuestLog.

Also Kait, I have been meaning to ask. Did you set up the BG que deadline timer (on your most recent UI) through a custom WA string or did you use something else for the functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by i2adar View Post
    I would love the file for this!
    https://mega.co.nz/#!7dVD0bhA!RjZ5ov...-XVQJpG-u-20do

Unzip those folders and put them into your Interface folder.
    The basic quest frame stuff is changed, and some of the Scenario stuff (Blizz now uses some of the stuff they made for scenarios, like the graphic to tell you you completed a section, in it's dungeon quests and on some of the epic phased story quests), but I noticed today there is a new graphic for killing bosses in dungeons that looks like it's derived from a nasty Garrison graphic. I just extracted the new 6.1 InterfaceFiles to look for it, but didn't find it (there's like a gazillion files). I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by i2adar View Post
    Also Kait, I have been meaning to ask. Did you set up the BG que deadline timer (on your most recent UI) through a custom WA string or did you use something else for the functionality?
    I set kgPanels to put a frame/border on the "BG/Instance is Ready!" dialog, and the frame has an OnShow script, sending an event to WeakAuras. There is a timer bar in WA that listens for the event and blindly starts a 30 sec (90 sec for BGs) timer from there. It's accurate to within 1 or 2 seconds if you just watch it, but it you Hearth/zone/reload after the timer has started it will retrigger the event when you arrive, so it can go way off then. But that's not that common, and if you know that's going to happen it's no big deal. And anyways, I included the word "approximate" to cover my ass on that one :-)

I find it really useful even being approximate. Surprising Blizzard doesn't think of these things. But actually, given their UI teams' track record, it's not that surprising.
    Last edited by Kaitain; 2015-03-06 at 09:36 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    My current layout, still tinkering with some details;

Another one

My issue atm is getting my target frame done properly, idk, it just doesn't feel right

https://mega.co.nz/#!7dVD0bhA!RjZ5ov...-XVQJpG-u-20do

Unzip those folders and put them into your Interface folder.
    The basic quest frame stuff is changed, and some of the Scenario stuff (Blizz now uses some of the stuff they made for scenarios, like the graphic to tell you you completed a section, in it's dungeon quests and on some of the epic phased story quests), but I noticed today there is a new graphic for killing bosses in dungeons that looks like it's derived from a nasty Garrison graphic. I just extracted the new 6.1 InterfaceFiles to look for it, but didn't find it (there's like a gazillion files). I'll keep looking.

I set kgPanels to put a frame/border on the "BG/Instance is Ready!" dialog, and the frame has an OnShow script, sending an event to WeakAuras. There is a timer bar in WA that listens for the event and blindly starts a 30 sec (90 sec for BGs) timer from there. It's accurate to within 1 or 2 seconds if you just watch it, but it you Hearth/zone/reload after the timer has started it will retrigger the event when you arrive, so it can go way off then. But that's not that common, and if you know that's going to happen it's no big deal. And anyways, I included the word "approximate" to cover my ass on that one :-)

I find it really useful even being approximate. Surprising Blizzard doesn't think of these things. But actually, given their UI teams' track record, it's not that surprising.

Smart way to go about getting WA to trigger that.

I must be doing something wrong beacuse the blp files are not working. I have a few GLUES in my interface folder to skin the character select screen so those should not be conflicting with them. I'm going to have to keep messing around with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    My current layout, still tinkering with some details;

Another one

My issue atm is getting my target frame done properly, idk, it just doesn't feel right
    Sleek, also like the placement on damage text.

[IMG]hireandrew.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/WoWScrnShot_030415_201738.jpg[/IMG]

Currently I really like the placements of the main pieces but am looking to improve how the look and feel is of the bars and placements for all the extra stuff: map, chat, meters and buffs. Probably could use some further refinement for an intelligent way to display buffs and less important debuffs on my target and my self.
    Last edited by bungie; 2015-03-06 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    [IMG]hireandrew.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/WoWScrnShot_030415_201738.jpg[/IMG]

Currently I really like the placements of the main pieces but am looking to improve how the look and feel is of the bars and placements for all the extra stuff: map, chat, meters and buffs. Probably could use some further refinement for an intelligent way to display buffs and less important debuffs on my target and my self.
    your pixel fonts are the wrong size and are distorted

Quote Originally Posted by Goldpaw View Post
    Greetings fellow UI-maniacs!

My name is Lars Norberg, or "Goldpaw" as pretty much everyone on the Interwebz know me as. And I make UIs. The UI I'm currently using is the 4th edition of my series called "gUI", though this time I have decided to change the name to "Goldpaw's UI", since that is what everybody google anyway.

My current UI differs from most others in a few aspects. First of all, it's very graphical. No standard gradients or simple lines here. It's all layer upon layer of custom graphics, animated statusbars, shineeffects and whatnot. I made several hundred textures for it. Can you spell "overkill"?!

Further it is designed to work like a charm straight out of the box. No need to set anything up, unless you really really want to. Most things can be configured in some manner, moved or toggled, so chances are you can mold it to your liking. If you're into this kind of UI, that is. Some like tiny components with tons of info you don't really need visible. I don't. I've always thought of WoW as an arcade game, so I made a UI that reflected that!

The UI is split into separate addons, since it's far easier to pick what you want that way. I'm a big fan of simplicity, as my UI surely is a testament to! Try it out if you want. Sharing is caring and all that! And feel free to stop by the community's facebook page if you have questions!

Currently available modules:
    Goldpaw's UI (core) - required for the others to work
    Goldpaw's Actionbars
    Goldpaw's Auras
    Goldpaw's Castbars
    Goldpaw's Chat
    Goldpaw's Devtools
    Goldpaw's Fontchanger
    Goldpaw's Minimap
    Goldpaw's Nameplates
    Goldpaw's Objectives
    Goldpaw's Tooltip
    Goldpaw's Trade
    Goldpaw's Unitframes

I love the art of this looks amazing, im gonna swithc out my tuk ui and try your for a couple of days and see if I like it in game as well =)

Started playing again in WoD, still using old setup. I'm debating starting from scratch but I need a non busy weekend for that!

Idle:

Combat:
    Last edited by Benea; 2015-03-07 at 01:17 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/5iQHpVz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v3TFRNG.jpg

So this is my theme I been working on, it is inspired by FF15 - i know i have to fix a couple of things, but I am looking for suggestions on how to show my UF, and target UF. I know not showing buttons would be optimal, but Im not that good I need to see that stuff. I can always work on that later. I still have a little problem, where the kgpanels behind the party frames show all of them vs. showing only on the event of how many party members there is and same with Target, but i just have tried just yet working on the scripts.

Just picked the game back up after a short hiatus so decided to refine my levelling Prot Paladin's UI and also try and create a "minimalist" UI for my Mistweaver Monk:

Paladin

Monk

Last edited by Daniie; 2015-03-07 at 10:38 AM.