Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Xanna View Post
    Posting from mobile. Here's what I meant with round and blocky.
    http://imgur.com/j0ppP6p
    Vs
    http://imgur.com/clnBEui
    Ahhhh! Now I see what you meant! I guess, I'll be choosing between these two then..

These are variants without classpower bar on the player frame. I haven't touched other unit frames yet, but current version is "blocky", and I may stick with it in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    which im surprised anyone even uses anymore to be honest with the control you have over what debuffs you see on whatever raid frame addon you want to use..

it really just seems redundant. like omen.
    Agreed. Raid frame addons like Vuhdo and Grid2 allow you to display dispellable debuffs in a manner similar to Decursive. I was surprised last tier even to know how many healing buddies use the addon when it's more efficient to have that functionality combined with your main raid frames.

Side: A guild I was considering applying to a while ago had Omen listed as one of their addons all raiders are required to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    which im surprised anyone even uses anymore to be honest with the control you have over what debuffs you see on whatever raid frame addon you want to use..

it really just seems redundant. like omen.
    I don't understand why any healers would use it, as you said - this information is on their raidframes.
    I can however see why dps classes that can dispel does, since they might have their raidframes of in a corner somewhere and basically never look at them. Decursive takes less space to smack closer to the centre of your screen.

That being said - I'm just speculating, never used it myself.

aka maybenotquiteasheavy/torgerd

I like this one, just seems to flow better.

Chose this one for now and implemented it in game, my game designer friend insisted that bar order, e.g. mana/health/mana/health, meant nothing. But a user should be able to easily spot player and pet health bars without moving eyes too much, so health bars should be closer, I can't say that I 100% agree, but that sorta makes sense...

Here's a short hunter pet clip from my IG T_T

https://instagram.com/p/1ijPHUotcQ/
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-04-16 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post

Chose this one for now and implemented it in game, my game designer friend insisted that bar order, e.g. mana/health/mana/health, meant nothing. But a user should be able to easily spot player and pet health bars without moving eyes too much, so health bars should be closer, I can't say that I 100% agree, but that sorta makes sense...
    Love the Animations and Layout, but i would change the Position of the Combat-Indicator to be centered and near the usual frame and the font for the energy-deficit.

___
    Here as promised a combat shot

imgur (.) com/HR44ASp

Blizz Questlog is fail i know, but due to the Resolution of my Screen i think i won't change it for now.
    MT-Frame still needs much love.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    The big orb with two tubes is my player frame
    No, but what's the actual orb. Not the bars on it, just the orb without them. Just a decorative element?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

[QUOTE=Khorrax;33191481]Got bored and after looking through these forums I decided to fiddle around with my UI. Ended up with this but I am unsure how I really feel about it in practice, probably just weird adjusting from previous UI.

Khorrax,

I really like the layout of your UI. Anyway you could share an addon list, or any more information about the setup?

Much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by maybenotquiteasheavy View Post
    I don't understand why any healers would use it, as you said - this information is on their raidframes.
    I can however see why dps classes that can dispel does, since they might have their raidframes of in a corner somewhere and basically never look at them. Decursive takes less space to smack closer to the centre of your screen.

That being said - I'm just speculating, never used it myself.
    I was trying to find a way of describing just that.
    Sometimes there can be appeal in the rather narrow focus of Decursive, it displaying only what you need to know.
    For some people getting that out of a more traditional raid frame addon may be a lot of work.
    I think there is room for more tutorials on raid frames, showing specific examples and instructions on how that is achieved and why.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    No, but what's the actual orb. Not the bars on it, just the orb without them. Just a decorative element?
    Well, aren't all textures are just decorative element? It's not a perfectpixel UI...

That's how player frame behaves in game

And that's why it's designed as an orb

Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    Love the Animations and Layout, but i would change the Position of the Combat-Indicator to be centered and near the usual frame and the font for the energy-deficit.
    It's a bit tricky, that's my special place for icons. I have role, rest, leader, combat and pvp indicators there. 4 in total, cuz combat icon replaces rest one, if needed.
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-04-18 at 07:45 AM.

Please can people comment/critique my new Guardian UI - I'm sure I'm missing something!

Hidden addons: MSBT, Hermes etc.

--

Also is there any way to get better quality screenshots? Is it a monitor/graphics card issue or the uploader? They look great in the screenshots folder.

CD bar ontop of Playerframe isnt aligned.
    You have full health number on player but cut down to K on target.
    Middle icons are a pixel off with the playerframe at the bottom.
    Enable the ChatTabmodule in prat so the tabs fades out.
    Targets target isn't aligned to targetframe on right side.
    Bigwigs isn't outlined but the rest of your UI is.

Hard to spot more due to not in an actual boss fight. But hey atleast something

Also if you open your screenshot in paint then just save before uploading, it becomes better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Snip.
    1.I can't seem to get the width right on the Resolve bar above player frame to fit, it only works - to my knowledge - in increments of 1 and if I drop down it becomes too short. It's the best I can do I think. -- Literally just fixed this, didn't even know you could go to decimals on width/height!
    2. Intentional
    3. Intentional (The base of this UI is meant for my Paladin of which everything aligns perfectly but I don't want to create too many redundant profiles in SUF etc.)
    4. Didn't know about this but been wondering if I could do it for years!
    5. It actually isn't - just poor screenshot quality.
    6. Didn't know this was possible as it only offers me a limited number of bar "styles".

Thanks for the tips though, I shall fix those I can (:
    Last edited by Daniie; 2015-04-18 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniie View Post
    Also is there any way to get better quality screenshots? Is it a monitor/graphics card issue or the uploader? They look great in the screenshots folder.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Changing_the_screenshot_format

I have my screens in TGA for obvious reason. I normally upload screens to imgur from the clipboard. I open TGA screenshot in PS, CTRL+A or select needed region, CTRL+C and then CTRL+V at imgur upload page. There it's converted to PNG upon upload, that's lossless format.
    Last edited by ls-; 2015-04-18 at 11:22 AM.

Alot to do still but the basic is there. Not sure wether or not to keep the BG for chat and skada etc. feels a bit to linear for me

Gotta love being ganked while tabbed out to change LUA..
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realise I was controversial.

I guess I'm a creature of habit. I have used Decursive since BC and it has just stuck. Yes it can probably be handled on with vuhdo raid frames but a small box off to the side to simply click on to dispell does the same job. In the end the person still gets dispelled.

I only use vuhdo for the obvious things like some clique healing, size of PW:S, size of DA, size of COW, Weaken soul debuff, Range, Mouse over macros and raid markers.

UI's are personal. There is no right or wrong way or we would all use exactly the same thing.

I base everything I keep in my UI on whether
    A - Does this tool improve / affect my gameplay in SOME way?
    B - Is it simple enough where I can use it effectively in a high stress "shit just hit the fan" environment without thinking about it? ie habit

And even if it's the most helpful tool in the world, it's shit if you can't effectively use it in a high stress moment. Perfect example is Boss mods, extremely helpful if configured properly, very spammy if you use every option available. A lot of addons will hit the "A" category, but "B" is the hard part. If it makes sense but you can't focus on an addon effectively, it's useless no matter it's apparent usefulness.

Deleted
    Here's mine. Any suggestions appreciated

imgur.com/NTy1Go9.jpg

The castbar is right underneath my Cooldowns

Quote Originally Posted by Yerding View Post
    *questions about my ui*
    Hey Yerding, not too much to say as its fairly basic and fast thrown together. The energybar/chi tracker is made with weak auras along with the buffs/debuffs you see around the middle of the screen.

Addons used: Bartender 4, Bigwigs, Chatter, Exorsus Raid Tools, Kui_Nameplates, Masque_Caith, Quartz, QuseMap, Raven, Shadowed Unit Frames, TipTac and WeakAura 2.

Anyone familiar with editing fonts? I'm trying to scale up a few so they don't look awful when rendered in WoW, but they keep coming out like this.

http://puu.sh/hk1xh/d69bc20bed.png

They appear fine in Windows' Font Preview and Photoshop, though.