Thread: Post Your UI

*strolls back into the Post Your UI thread*

Where did everyone go

Sunnydee OHAI totally not copying your layout *whistles*

Last edited by Drayarr; 2015-05-27 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementally View Post
    This thread seems relatively dead..
    I just hatched a plan for KaitUIv2. I have done literally nothing (on holiday atm), but I have a plan now. In my head it's glorious... might well turn out crap though :-) I should probably make it happen on/after 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Sunnydee OHAI totally not copying your layout *whistles*
    Been busy actually playing the game despite what some ppl bash out as religion on these forums :P

Also GOD DAMMIT BIND RAISE ALLIE AND ERW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Judgementally View Post
    This thread seems relatively dead..

Not saying its a bad UI but...it's taken its toll

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Been busy actually playing the game despite what some ppl bash out as religion on these forums :P

Also GOD DAMMIT BIND RAISE ALLIE AND ERW!!!
    Its an alt calm the f00k down lol!
    Im getting used to having like 200 more buttons on my dk than my druid

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post

starting to think this as well. Their forum is slowing down, less updates. Might go away from it in a while and just go ham on basic shit incase it'll start causing more problems than solutions but for now, eh. does the job- which is the entire point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Im getting used to having like 200 more buttons on my dk than my druid
    Lol'd!
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2015-05-27 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaldandruff View Post
    When other addons are as customizable, offer comparable performance, and actually fucking update on time (read: a stable release available the day of a patch) I'll go back to using them.

That being said almost all the UIs here in general are really, really boring regardless of whether they use a variety of addons or ElvUI. Aside from Birg and Kait no one is really doing graphic UIs which are pretty much the most fun to look at (and most diverse).

I envy their patience to create whole UIs out of addons that frequently take multiple days to update on patch days (or at least they did when I last used them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mareeta View Post
    Your job is to maximize your output while traversing the mechanics and staying alive, regardless of role.

Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post
    When other addons are as customizable, offer comparable performance, and actually fucking update on time (read: a stable release available the day of a patch) I'll go back to using them.

That being said almost all the UIs here in general are really, really boring regardless of whether they use a variety of addons or ElvUI. Aside from Birg and Kait no one is really doing graphic UIs which are pretty much the most fun to look at (and most diverse).

I envy their patience to create whole UIs out of addons that frequently take multiple days to update on patch days (or at least they did when I last used them).
    For me simple is more practical than Flashy(not taking away from how good your UI's are kait/birg <3) so I generally go with the easiest option for config and updates too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dementedlogic View Post

Pmuch, I was making my own UI for years using tons of little addons that would break every patch and I'd have to beg them to update it, I finally gave up and just started using elvui as base and it cut out bartender, sexymap, aura frames, grid and 20 smaller mods.

This is 3 SS's of my UI 1 just b4 I moved to using Elvui, just after starting to use it, and one I took just now
    http://imgur.com/a/TvXW2

I think a lot of people like using Elvui as a base for the clean lines on the chat and minimap and you can leave it at that, or you can add to it.
    I use KGpanels to make my own chat frames and smaller stuff like a backdrop when I have no target.

It also works well across most classes, the 3 I play the most are shown here.

I used to be very anti-whole ui packs, but Elv really changed my mind
    Sig by Safhira

Here is an updated video of my UI that I have recently tweaked. However I will be replacing this for something a bit more simpler (and efficient for progression raiding) but I do like the look of this but perhaps isn't as streamlined for certain circumstances in raids.

On the recent discussion on presets vs custom UI, I MUCH prefer making my own UIs and luckily most of the addons I use are the major ones who update their UIs in beta and are ready for patch release and Ive never had any issues whatsoever with a broken UI on patch day. Personally, I would never use something like ELVUI as although I understand it is easy and for some people thats great, but for me if Im going to spend all that time designing and implementing a UI, you may as well go to the trouble of making it truly unique and I feel proud that the UIs I come up with aren't just a rehash of someone elses idea.

ElvUI is a superb addon/set. I think the complaints against it largely stem from people using looks not far from the default, and layouts not far from the default. If you use Elv, show us what you can really do with it. If you've done interesting things with it then you'll hardly even need to say it's based on Elv, that will become just a technical detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    ElvUI is a superb addon/set. I think the complaints against it largely stem from people using looks not far from the default, and layouts not far from the default. If you use Elv, show us what you can really do with it. If you've done interesting things with it then you'll hardly even need to say it's based on Elv, that will become just a technical detail.
    This. There's a lot that can be done with ElvUI but most people just stick to near default.
    These are some of Constie's designs I recreated with an Elv base for instance:
    http://i.imgur.com/IBbcWQA.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/eDRyIjM.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/miUnZub.jpg

And there's this too that doesn't look too default-ish: http://i.imgur.com/U4IKIVv.jpg
    And this one: http://i.imgur.com/gj7CEJr.jpg
    Last edited by Shahad; 2015-05-28 at 01:57 PM.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Yesterday I was boring and started to make a new UI for my DK... At the moment I only have one hour of work put on it, but I think it is going nice.
    Have in mind that this is a WIP and still have some work to be done.

First one: Targeting a friendly Unit, Player and pet being at full health:

i.imgur.com/KtN0Dkw.jpg

Second one: Targeting something that can be attacked:

i.imgur.com/JqvFCrs.jpg

Third one: Targeting something that can be attacked, Player NOT at full life:

i.imgur.com/PCKfpDH.jpg

Fourth: On combat:

i.imgur.com/h32Ty0i.jpg

As a leveling DK there are only three things right now I want to keep on track:
    - Duration of Frost Fever / Blood Plague (same duration on both, as their are both applied and refreshed in the same way): Tracked by the green ">" on target bar (moves from bottom to top).
    - Remaining time on sudden doom proc: That's the green "<" on player frame
    - Remaining time on Dark Succor proc: Not showed, is a mirrored (to sudden doom) red ">" on player frame, also, moving from bottom to top.

In the combat screenshot, at the left, there are two white squares (forgot to positionate it), that is my runic power tracker: One square means 30 Runic Power (one death coil), two means 60, three means 90, and 4 means 100. I have to move it closer to my char, not sure yet where I will finally put it.

To do list:
    - Configure Raven
    - Configure Runes management addon
    - whatever comes to mind

Im not allowed to post links yet

Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    Yesterday I was boring and started to make a new UI for my DK... At the moment I only have one hour of work put on it, but I think it is going nice.
    Have in mind that this is a WIP and still have some work to be done.

First one: Targeting a friendly Unit, Player and pet being at full health:

i.imgur.com/KtN0Dkw.jpg http://i.imgur.com/KtN0Dkw.jpg

Second one: Targeting something that can be attacked:

i.imgur.com/JqvFCrs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/JqvFCrs.jpg

Third one: Targeting something that can be attacked, Player NOT at full life:

i.imgur.com/PCKfpDH.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PCKfpDH.jpg

Fourth: On combat:

i.imgur.com/h32Ty0i.jpg http://i.imgur.com/h32Ty0i.jpg

As a leveling DK there are only three things right now I want to keep on track:
    - Duration of Frost Fever / Blood Plague (same duration on both, as their are both applied and refreshed in the same way): Tracked by the green ">" on target bar (moves from bottom to top).
    - Remaining time on sudden doom proc: That's the green "<" on player frame
    - Remaining time on Dark Succor proc: Not showed, is a mirrored (to sudden doom) red ">" on player frame, also, moving from bottom to top.

In the combat screenshot, at the left, there are two white squares (forgot to positionate it), that is my runic power tracker: One square means 30 Runic Power (one death coil), two means 60, three means 90, and 4 means 100. I have to move it closer to my char, not sure yet where I will finally put it.

To do list:
    - Configure Raven
    - Configure Runes management addon
    - whatever comes to mind

Im not allowed to post links yet
    There you go, links should be added now.

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    There you go, links should be added now.
    Thank you very much, sir!

to Snichy UI:

I like this a lot actually. Reminds me older RPG type games. did you do your own custom background for the unit frames? I think that is one thing for a huge amount of people can't just make those custom backgrounds either lacking in artistic vision or just don't know how to do it. Since it is only for WoW and maybe some of us such as I have become way way more casual just not worth the time in making something like this.

My suggestion for this UI, borders are different than the maps and I would like to see them all the same and i could say more gold but i like the off brown? I guess? that the map is. The greyscale of the raid frames just seems really odd, along with the Healing Current fight green and the damage colors. If at all possible something like in your main UF in the middle with title of your target? The class color of your time and FPS etc to me i would just make it all white.
    like i said though i like this UI a lot actually, and thank you for not putting dubstep or techno or trance or rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitain View Post
    generally speaking, the people that use elvui use it because a: they don't understand how to configure a ui to look the way they want it, or b: they do understand but don't want to bother with it.

that's why you see elvui default so much, and why you probably won't see a ton of super customized elvui setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahad View Post
    Not trying to nitpick, but that is RealUI ;p

I am sort of inclined to agree with magicaldandruff about the similarities between people UI's, I didn't really like using Elv before, I only started using it in MoP after I 'introduced' myself to Frantik (read spammed with questions in PM) and learned how to work the settings. I often get an urge to create my own UI using other addons but I often stop before I begin when I realise the hassle of managing them compared to using Elv where everything is in the same menu and easy to configure without diving in to the LUA-jungle. For me at least I don't imagine my UI would look any different than what it currently does regardless if I used Elv or not, I just have quite poor imagination (although I am working on the free time I have with creating something that will work long term), but I can't answer for everyone else.

Also this is what my UI looks like currently: http://puu.sh/i2Db9/00f6928ce0.jpg I haven't done any major changes mainly just finepolishing.
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired

Quote Originally Posted by Xintic View Post
    Not trying to nitpick, but that is RealUI ;p

I am sort of inclined to agree with magicaldandruff about the similarities between people UI's, I didn't really like using Elv before, I only started using it in MoP after I 'introduced' myself to Frantik (read spammed with questions in PM) and learned how to work the settings. I often get an urge to create my own UI using other addons but I often stop before I begin when I realise the hassle of managing them compared to using Elv where everything is in the same menu and easy to configure without diving in to the LUA-jungle. For me at least I don't imagine my UI would look any different than what it currently does regardless if I used Elv or not, I just have quite poor imagination (although I am working on the free time I have with creating something that will work long term), but I can't answer for everyone else.

Also this is what my UI looks like currently: http://puu.sh/i2Db9/00f6928ce0.jpg I haven't done any major changes mainly just finepolishing.
    It's actually elements I took from RealUI on top of ElvUI. Realistically it could all be done in ElvUI. I've been using a combination of those two for a while now :P
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Quote Originally Posted by xdunpealx View Post
    to Snichy UI:

I like this a lot actually. Reminds me older RPG type games. did you do your own custom background for the unit frames? I think that is one thing for a huge amount of people can't just make those custom backgrounds either lacking in artistic vision or just don't know how to do it. Since it is only for WoW and maybe some of us such as I have become way way more casual just not worth the time in making something like this.

My suggestion for this UI, borders are different than the maps and I would like to see them all the same and i could say more gold but i like the off brown? I guess? that the map is. The greyscale of the raid frames just seems really odd, along with the Healing Current fight green and the damage colors. If at all possible something like in your main UF in the middle with title of your target? The class color of your time and FPS etc to me i would just make it all white.
    like i said though i like this UI a lot actually, and thank you for not putting dubstep or techno or trance or rap.
    Thanks for the feedback. All the unit frame artwork is extracted from elements of the Blizzard UI, in this case I believe it is some achievement textures/borders, and imported back in using KGPanels.

All good suggestions though and I take your point about the border colours - never really noticed it before!