Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Combat shot as I said before. There's some, many, alignment and sizing changes that need to be made but that will come in time as I play. This is a "It's done enough to be done." screenshot, we all know a UI is never truly finished.

long shot but do you mind sharing this ui, or at least your media files? (textures, borders, etc)

thanks!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snichy View Post
    I actually quite like this - different is good. Whats the font you are using for the chat box?
    Enigmatic..Just don't remember where I found it at

Anyone know what texture and font phishr is using in his shot?

abload. de/img/wowscrnshot_080415_02awuj9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    long shot but do you mind sharing this ui, or at least your media files? (textures, borders, etc)

thanks!
    The textures are mostly from here
    oh, honey.

something i started working on today. i though the font was cute enough to make something out of. time will tell if its readable enough, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiria View Post
    How did you get abbreviated names? I've seen people with that before and would love that on my nameplates / unitframes :S
    Shadowed Unit Frame as a text option for abbreviated names (I think if the name is over 10 character it abbreviates it).

7+ Year Old Account
    something i started working on today. i though the font was cute enough to make something out of. time will tell if its readable enough, though.

I think that font works perfectly with that texture, looking forward to see more of this project!

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

The font goes well with them I think, did you make those bars yourself?

I like the bars, but dislike the font.

Quote Originally Posted by OldmanG View Post
    The font goes well with them I think, did you make those bars yourself?
    yeah i did

I like the look of the bars...nice work. The font is slightly hard to read, but that's just me. There was a warrior UI back a ways that had a font that would look awesome with bars like that. I'll find it and edit.

Yea, on Tempest420's UI, he used a font called brutal http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post30427594

I think that would be great for your bars...
    Last edited by Fastlane_hellscream; 2015-08-27 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I like the look of the bars...nice work. The font is slightly hard to read, but that's just me. There was a warrior UI back a ways that had a font that would look awesome with bars like that. I'll find it and edit.

Yea, on Tempest420's UI, he used a font called brutal http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post30427594

I think that would be great for your bars...
    that ones even harder to read for me, and im a girl so thats a little "hardcore!" for me :P I think if i were to use a different font it would just be Accidental Presidency or Oswold Bold or something basic like that so itd blend with the rest of the ui as well.

Really makes this font work! wow looks awesome

some thinks are a bit off, but i'm not sure if i keep the general layout so i didn't changed that

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah i did
    Would you mind sharing those bars, or tell me how to make something similar. I had a mini map mod at one time that had that type of border. Trying to find it in all my saved junk..
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldmanG View Post
    Would you mind sharing those bars, or tell me how to make something similar. I had a mini map mod at one time that had that type of border. Trying to find it in all my saved junk..
    Thanks
    i believe the minimap youre thinking of is the minimap from DishonoredUI

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...honoredUI.html

thats what im using anyway

im still working on the bar textures and borders and stuff, trying to make everything cohesive without looking ridiculous. ill probably post a link when im done with it.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    i believe the minimap youre thinking of is the minimap from DishonoredUI

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...honoredUI.html

thats what im using anyway

im still working on the bar textures and borders and stuff, trying to make everything cohesive without looking ridiculous. ill probably post a link when im done with it.
    Yep thats the one. could never get my bars to work or look the way I thought they should look. Yours look much more crisp in my opinion..

Deleted
    I just wanted to introduce my UI to you. Since I'm not allowed to post pics or links because I didn't post much yet - just google it - XanUI on wowinterface

I worked on this UI quite some time. Do you think I can improve it in any way? (when I switch do disc/holy I have a macro to put grid on the mid-left of the screen).

PS: ARGH! I just noticed that the cast bar goes on the target's debuffs. Gonna fix it :V
    Last edited by Vodkatwist; 2015-08-28 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CorXan View Post
    I just wanted to introduce my UI to you. Since I'm not allowed to post pics or links because I didn't post much yet - just google it - XanUI on wowinterface
    You can post links, just take off the http:// part!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodkatwist View Post
    Do you think I can improve it in any way?
    I'd suggest making all actionbars/buffs the same skin. Including the DP in the middle.
    Also not sure if overlapping the health and name of your target frame is intentional?

Other than that looking good!

Just started working on a social media themed UI. First obstacle: round flat portraits or square 3D portraits?

Round:

3D:

Problem with 3D when the portrait gets an abrupt cut. Ugly?