Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted

nice layout

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    This healing layout again:

The bright idea I had this time was to show the name of my mouseover unit on top of my player (and target) frame.
    really clean and nice, can you upload the grid setup for use? ty

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Some great looking UI's there!
    Now I want to make my own instead of using someone elses

Any tips on (customizable) unitframes? I have always had issues picking up the right unitframes.
    I like minimalistic, perhaps with 3d picture of my character. The look is very important to me.
    Shadowed Unit Frames, and stUF are the most common as far as reasonable customisation goes.
    Discord Unit Frames more recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Probably one of the sweetest looking UIs I've ever seen, if not THE sweetest. Impressive work.
    Wish I played the class, just to use the UI. Good job!
    Aw thanks, that's very sweet of you!
    Love it! I keep getting inspiration from your healing UIs. Is it viable to heal in (mythic) raids without having names shown?
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Shadowed Unit Frames, and stUF are the most common as far as reasonable customisation goes.
    Discord Unit Frames more recently.
    Discord Unit Frames is actually the oldest of the bunch, believe it or not! I'm guessing Stuf took a lot of inspiration from it as their configuration layouts are very similar.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Love it! I keep getting inspiration from your healing UIs. Is it viable to heal in (mythic) raids without having names shown?
    I've also healed without names on my raid frames, and I consider it viable, including into mythics, as long as you don't have lots of people of the same class. If you only have two DKs, it's fairly easy to know which is which without names and it's important to know that, because one may be taking on a job where you'd be able to predict damage on them. If you have 6 death knights scattered around your frames, it's not particularly reasonable to try to "remember" which is which and you'll perform better with names shown.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

The bright idea I had this time was to show the name of my mouseover unit on top of my player (and target) frame.
    synchronicity building that alt oUF healer grid-style layout

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post

Does showing missing % or hp# actually help anyone? For me personally, I can always decide which spell to use based on how much of the bar is missing and how much danger they are in of dying. I also typically have visual heal showing, which helps me gauge if I should stop a cast because they are or will be topped up by the time it lands.

have to love that bouncing warrior at 2nd line ..and what server do you play on that you gnome healing paladins?

can't wait to try you ui!

Quote Originally Posted by klaxce View Post
    Does showing missing % or hp# actually help anyone? For me personally, I can always decide which spell to use based on how much of the bar is missing and how much danger they are in of dying. I also typically have visual heal showing, which helps me gauge if I should stop a cast because they are or will be topped up by the time it lands.
    the text colours red when they lose more than 40% hp, which is useful as a kind of "oh shit" marker, but yeah i think there's a good chance i'll strip it out. dedicate more space to the raid indicator, the position of which tickled me

heal prediction is a great shout and something i'd missed entirely, i also have HoT/selective aura tracking still to add

the text colours red when they lose more than 40% hp, which is useful as a kind of "oh shit" marker, but yeah i think there's a good chance i'll strip it out. dedicate more space to the raid indicator, the position of which tickled me

heal prediction is a great shout and something i'd missed entirely, i also have HoT/selective aura tracking still to add
    Well keep up the good work! I don't think I could ever use that while raiding, but it looks super cool regardless.

what would it need still to enable you to raid?

what would it need still to enable you to raid?
    It is just too busy for me. I am visually aware of, and distracted by, extra movement/animation.

I like how it looks just to look at it, but with all of the waving and bouncing and stuff it's just too much.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post

switched over to tidyplates and since it doesnt skin the personal nameplate i had to make one with weakauras. also made the absorbs on the unit frames with weakauras since stuf doesnt have absorbs for some crazy reason.
    Would it be possible for you to share the weakaura string for absorbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterking View Post
    Would it be possible for you to share the weakaura string for absorbs?
    I made an absorbs string to fit my needs after seeing kheath812's, pretty basic, but might be what you're looking for.

https://wago.io/NkgqT9K5-

Quote Originally Posted by klaxce View Post
    It is just too busy for me. I am visually aware of, and distracted by, extra movement/animation.

I like how it looks just to look at it, but with all of the waving and bouncing and stuff it's just too much.
    same here, i think it looks awesome, but for healing in a raid i would love to have an option to disbale the black portraits on the grid frames, maybe some simple true/false lua config if thats easy to do

cheers for the feedback. i've already changed it so information is a little more visual, made the frames slightly larger, added aura tracking (personal spells only usually, i just filtered other player's hots through in the gif because I'm in lfr on my mage).

the portraits being distracting when you're watching for movement on hp bars makes total sense though — i'll add a toggle

cheers for the feedback. i've already changed it so information is a little more visual, made the frames slightly larger, added aura tracking (personal spells only usually, i just filtered other player's hots through in the gif because I'm in lfr on my mage).

the portraits being distracting when you're watching for movement on hp bars makes total sense though — i'll add a toggle

Looking good.

The role icons are hard to see; simple solid-white shape icons would be your best bet I think.

What resolution do you play at / do you play with AA? I feel like that would make a big difference on how the tiny portraits look, because I see a lot of glimmer in that gif.

will look into role icon options.

I'm playing in windowed mode on a macbook air so, uh, less than optimum — little or no AA — i assume it will look better or crisper on a decent rig.

the gif grabber program is also kind of bait in terms of quality. they're certainly pixelled but not to the extent (or muddiness) that image conveys, and not without a certain 8bit charm. I'm looking forward to releasing it.

When I have used grid, I always end up going with white squares for healers in one corner, and grey or some blue color for tanks.

will look into role icon options.

I'm playing in windowed mode on a macbook air so, uh, less than optimum — little or no AA — i assume it will look better or crisper on a decent rig.

the gif grabber program is also kind of bait in terms of quality. they're certainly pixelled but not to the extent (or muddiness) that image conveys, and not without a certain 8bit charm. I'm looking forward to releasing it.
    Gotcha.

At some point I'm going to get my MacBook Air out and do a UI for it...

That being said, I'd be curious to see this in action myself, but I'm really happy with my UI at the moment and unlikely to change. However I do enjoy watching yours evolve. I did like your center/chat frame oriented UI iteration earlier on, but now you've moved back to a more traditional edge-based UI.