Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by vulpix View Post
    It's SyncUI
    Thank You! (because 10char.. wont let me just say "thanks!")

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Yes, that's the general idea. Modernist, this is what I mean. Instead of % a hard value. In my brain it looks better than it does, and I think it's because the traditional bar design is kept because of a fat punchy font, instead of what is shown.

Nice find!
    - - - Updated - - -I've got the WA strings with the gist of things in my pastebin. All you'd need to do is make the proper textmaps and get the slices right.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I think I would have to see it in action to truly understand it.

On a side note, I'm using the Quest tracker you developed. I can't for the life of me figure out why my quest text is so far offset from the dash on the left.
    I've noticed this issue and, sometimes, things will be spaced all over the place. Like, World Quests will decide to parent to some point way below where the Quests group ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Pouncekite View Post
    - - - Updated - - -I've got the WA strings with the gist of things in my pastebin. All you'd need to do is make the proper textmaps and get the slices right.

I've noticed this issue and, sometimes, things will be spaced all over the place. Like, World Quests will decide to parent to some point way below where the Quests group ends.
    Yeah, it actually makes it unusable for me.

It's a WA? Hrm, crazy. That thing can do way more than it should, haha.

looking into the obiective tracker issues — if you could post bug reports or issues on the addon page rather than here that would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    looking into the obiective tracker issues — if you could post bug reports or issues on the addon page rather than here that would be appreciated
    @ modernist

Hi, I am really curious as to the Lua code you are using to "collapse" or "hide" the action bar like that.

Is that your own action bar addon, or you somehow manage to edit the code for dominos/bartender to behave in this way?

own code, with some parts based on the methodology of zork's rActionBar. the action buttons are actually just switching between 0 and 1 alpha since movement or show/hide events would break them in combat, so you could probably set it up to use bartender or some other addon easily. there's a frame overlaid that triggers the background and other elements to slide in on mouseover

Quote Originally Posted by modernist View Post
    own code, with some parts based on the methodology of zork's rActionBar. the action buttons are actually just switching between 0 and 1 alpha since movement or show/hide events would break them in combat, so you could probably set it up to use bartender or some other addon easily. there's a frame overlaid that triggers the background and other elements to slide in on mouseover
    OMG LOLs. this is same as one of those moments when im messing around with lua code in weakauras to achieve something but never getting it exactly the way i want.
    then 1 day i realized that there's a simpler alternative staring me right in the face.

When SetAlpha(0) and SetAlpha(1) would do the same thing without combat taint to the action bar LOLS.

Thanks. This means, at least another few hours of "experimenting" and not "playing".

Sometimes its just as fun LOL

Deleted
    If you need to hide frames in combat you can just use the secure state driver.

Code:
    --register combat state driver
    RegisterStateDriver(frame, "combat", "[combat]1;0")
    frame:SetAttribute("_onstate-combat", [[ print(newstate) if newstate==1 then self:Show() else self:Hide() end ]])
    --need to unregister on event? no problem
    --UnregisterStateDriver(frame,"combat")
    You can do much more with the secure state driver as long there are macro conditions available that trigger on the event you are looking for. Well and you only get access to a very specific function set https://github.com/tomrus88/Blizzard...onment.lua#L72 inside your macro function.

I use SetAlpha only for mouseover fadein/-out. I decided to use the wow animation api. https://github.com/zorker/rothui/blo...efader.lua#L21
    It has some issues on its own though. Like when you fade in a frame with the animation api that has a child frame with alpha of 0 that child frame will become visible aswell. Not sure why the animation affects all children and not only the root.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-09-29 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Similar concept made by birgs and his druid UI, this one if for monk. MW mostly done, Brm missing the flashy stuff and WW for last.
    Can't post URL unfortenuately,but made a small video of it.

wwwDOTyoutubeDOTcom/watch?v=GGnumxxWzXc

Suggestions welcome

Yeah if you're doing a simple combat show/hide state, use SetAttribute and the secure state handler — I only use SetAlpha because I'm also juggling a variety of other events that might toggle the bars' visibility (via a keybind, via opening the spell book etc)

I remember, maybe a few pages back, someone mentioned adding borders to skada bars. I googled around and found a code snippet that purportedly works but I have no clue where this goes. Can anyone help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    I remember, maybe a few pages back, someone mentioned adding borders to skada bars. I googled around and found a code snippet that purportedly works but I have no clue where this goes. Can anyone help?
    1.) Go to your WoW Install/Interface/AddOns/Skada/BarDisplay.lua
    2.) Open it with a text editior, I use Notepad++
    3.) Add the snippet at line 296.

or download the version already modified by me: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2qkaql...BarDisplay.lua
    and place it within the Skada folder.

Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post

or download the version already modified by me: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2qkaql...BarDisplay.lua
    Thanks! tenchar

Quote Originally Posted by otszx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    That was me. And my code actually did work, I just once again went full dummy and deleted a bracket and forgot to put it back in.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Vxt View Post
    That was me. And my code actually did work, I just once again went full dummy and deleted a bracket and forgot to put it back in.
    I'd meant to PM you about when I first saw your post but it just kinda got away from me >< Good to hear your code worked though

Deleted

Currently doodling with ideas.

Btw I saw this lately: https://codepen.io/anon/pen/ALramQ

We are able to create the same effect inside a scrollframe. Basically three textures rotating at different speeds with a border radius of 43%. Now think of it as a healthbar. You could change the position of the textures based on value to move them up/down or left/right. Could be interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-09-30 at 07:52 AM.

that would be really nice in combo with the new clipChildren utility
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntrinsics.html

those portrait frames have a bit of an 80s slap-bass seinfeld aesthetic
    Last edited by modernist; 2016-09-30 at 01:33 PM.

Deleted
    Current UI. Needs some little tweaks here and there

Deleted
    Hmm... I really think this can look amazing.

Basically you could have 1 or more blurry textures, maybe even with different blend modes. You rotate them on the clip. On top of that you can adjust the position of the texture if you need to make adjustments.

Sort of like the galaxy animations I had in the orbs just with clipping.

- - - Updated - - -

Got it working. The frame clipping seems to be XML only which is meh. Used a scrollframe.

http://imgur.com/a/kfYWR

https://github.com/zorker/rothui/tre...7.0/rClipThing

Of course you can move the clip around giving you different animation directions.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-09-30 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc84f3d46bf5; 2016-09-30 at 05:25 PM.