Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    http://abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_102516_14tesj1.jpg

i've grown really fond of the personal nameplate but it doesn't have everything i need. it's super effective for me though, so i might go back to it. i plan on doing something with the target frame, but i so rarely need it that i can't be bothered.

and i'm loving all these blizzard texture uis. so damn neat.

@pHishr nice ui, but i don't like the different fonts around :P i like consistency.

Anyway i agree - the personal nameplate is really good and i'm getting used to it, also i'm getting used in not looking at player/target frames . So i'm going to redo both player/target frames in similar style, then reskin the nameplates with oUF.

Tbh, i wouldn't even do the target frame and just use nameplates, but they are way too mobile for my tastes and especially spread through all the screen. I could force them to spawn in a neat heap/list/whatever but then space becomes a constraint and i don't like that too.

Probably ending with a standard setup to avoid too much hassle. With a small twist if i'm able to.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    @pHishr
    The personal nameplate is just another nameplate just for the player unit. Being a nameplate it reacts on camera position which can get really wonky at times.
    This might help though:
    Code:
    /console nameplateSelfBottomInset -1
    /console nameplateSelfTopInset -1
    With oUF supporting nameplates you can use oUF to spawn and style your player nameplate like any other nameplate.
    Nameplate spawns in oUF provide callbacks on when a nameplate unit is added. Means you could track which unit sits on which nameplate and react accordingly. Nameplates shuffle units a lot.
    Btw...there are nameplate cvars for personal nameplate fadein/out and such.

Atm I see no point for the personal nameplate if your player frame is in kind of a centered position. It only makes sense if you have the player frame in the corner. Since nameplates shuffle units a lot any unit can use any nameplate. This is bad for layouting since all your nameplates need to have all elements for any unit since you never know which nameplate will have which unit.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-10-25 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    http://abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_102516_14tesj1.jpg

i've grown really fond of the personal nameplate but it doesn't have everything i need. it's super effective for me though, so i might go back to it. i plan on doing something with the target frame, but i so rarely need it that i can't be bothered.

and i'm loving all these blizzard texture uis. so damn neat.
    Mind sharing the font name?? I really like it

Influenced alot by Redtuzk and added some thing on my own.
    Objective Tracker autocollapses on Boss fights and in Arena.

Deleted

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by pr0fite View Post
    that looks great! rly good job. you plan on sharing it ?

Deleted
    @Coldkil
    thanks! there's only two fonts though, namely (@psuwannanon) SamsonRegular for the pixel one and AvantGarde for the regular one. they're all different size though so they might look like different fonts, but they're all the same.

@zorker
    the vanilla nameplate works wonders for me, but it overlaps with other frames which bothers me, and i've tried putting actionbars/player display in different places but they just don't function anywhere else. i'm just bitching for bitching's sake basically. time will tell whether i miss it or not.

and thanks for the thorough nameplate customization guide, but i've no clue of what this means because i know jack shit about lua. i'm a saved variables kind of guy. =o)

Quote Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
    @Coldkil
    thanks! there's only two fonts though, namely (@psuwannanon) SamsonRegular for the pixel one and AvantGarde for the regular one. they're all different size though so they might look like different fonts, but they're all the same.

@zorker
    the vanilla nameplate works wonders for me, but it overlaps with other frames which bothers me, and i've tried putting actionbars/player display in different places but they just don't function anywhere else. i'm just bitching for bitching's sake basically. time will tell whether i miss it or not.

and thanks for the thorough nameplate customization guide, but i've no clue of what this means because i know jack shit about lua. i'm a saved variables kind of guy. =o)
    Basically nameplates are a single thing that gets attached to any unit on screen in real time more or less - and that gets updated very fast for obvious reasons. Let's say you need to track a specific debuff on your target and other things on all nameplates: player/target frames are a single entity, so you code what you want to happen there and it happens just there. Nameplates though are defined a single time, that is "replicated" on all the nameplates on screen. So unit conditionals are actually checked multiple times on all nameplates to trigger the right things, which is not good.
    It's due to the volatile nature of nameplates - they couldn't work like this otherwise.

@zorker sorry if i spew out bad words please pass over my bad explanation, but it's how i got it and i assume it's correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0fite View Post

Any chance to get a Elv Profile export? Also the bars below your actionbars is Big Wigs test bars, right?

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBarbaruiva View Post
    This is my latest edit of Lyn's UI (the old version).
    Are you using LynsChat in this? (could I borrow yours?) Mine seems to have broke after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    Are you using LynsChat in this? (could I borrow yours?) Mine seems to have broke after the patch.
    I am. Mine is broken as well. Tooltip also seems to not be working properly as well as some other bugs. Sadly I have no idea how to fix it and since Lyn is changing his UI, I'll have to abandon that edit and look for another UI :/.

I am. Mine is broken as well. Tooltip also seems to not be working properly as well as some other bugs. Sadly I have no idea how to fix it and since Lyn is changing his UI, I'll have to abandon that edit and look for another UI :/.
    Yea, seems like the case for me too. Rip LynUI 2k16 - 2soon

My chat addon works correctly (though it doesn't do much other thana reskin).

Maybe the problem is just due to the old FriendMicroButton that has been changed to QuickJoinToastButton - that's what was giving me the error and took 1 minute to fix (i just hide it and the function called the old frame which doesn't exist anymore, or at least has changed name).

Also it appears that chat is an actual scrollframe now - every once in a while i get text lines cut in half horizontally; i think it's due to some lines having icons or other things not the same size of the text.

Quote Originally Posted by slothington View Post
    Yea, seems like the case for me too. Rip LynUI 2k16 - 2soon
    Chat issue is already fixed (if you would look into the comments on the download page) and tooltip, I suggested what you can try, since I do not have the code at hand. Please leave all feedback, issues, etc away from *this* thread and put it where it belongs: my wowinterface page.

Thanks.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    So I am working on a Redesign for 7.1, ditching stuff, writing new stuff (with obble).

Here's a screenshot of a really big WIP

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...316_192453.jpg
    I like that you made it fit so well with the classic art! Will you release this or is it still a *BIG* Wip still ?

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    I like that you made it fit so well with the classic art! Will you release this or is it still a *BIG* Wip still ?
    I will, but no ETA yet, since I am not currently playing actively and doing it between Destiny sessions.
    oh, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Chat issue is already fixed (if you would look into the comments on the download page) and tooltip, I suggested what you can try, since I do not have the code at hand. Please leave all feedback, issues, etc away from *this* thread and put it where it belongs: my wowinterface page.

Thanks.
    Ok, I got it to work thanks.

Deleted
    What the fuck have they done to the chat font? Why would they change the drop shadow y-axis to zero?!
    Or is the shadow offset affected by uiscale now?

For whatever reason my chat fontshadow has to be set to this now:
    self:SetShadowOffset(1,-2)

2 down and 1 right. This will result in 1 down and 1 right.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2016-10-26 at 05:13 PM.