Thread: Post Your UI

Re: [Healers] Post your UI Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi
    why are some of these healer ui's having recount in there? especially since we dont need them its just a waste of screen space, unless your a raid leader but even at that all you'll want to see is raid dps who cares about healing done.
    An addon that can give you a detailed report of the incoming damage prior to someone's death is useless to healers?

Vendlol, doesn't it bother you that you're running at 5.4fps?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonized
    I lol'd at the potential Val'anyr drama simmering in this pic.

edit (for relevance): at least the drama looked good in that fancy IM box ;D
    lol you guessed it. the whispers never ended ;p

Re: Post Your UI

Try again. Thumbnails only!

Spartan ui
    titan panel
    omen
    recount
    simple map
    http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs185.snc1/6173_1080641583045_1436464138_30195303_5964156_n.jpg

Phoenix, I LOVE your UI. It's wonderful.

Can you make a screenshot of your addons, or a list of these addons please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ome
    I finally got the time to work on my UI's typography as well as the bar style. I'm pretty satisfied with the way it is now.

OmeUIv2.0

Main Mods:
    Bartender4 - invisible bars
    BindPad - hotkey binding
    ButtonFacade_Caith - mirror finish on buffs
    Chinchilla - clean square minimap
    CooldownWatch
    Grid - with all the druid additions
    kgPanels - black gradient on bottom
    MikScrollingBattleText
    PitBull - unit frames
    Prat - chat
    Quartz - cast bars
    SabrinaBuffFrame - buff and debuff icons

Would you mind posting your GRID configuration file somewhere (and which grid plugins you are using)? IMO thats easily the best looking implementation of grid I have ever seen.

so i have a weakness and its that im never happy with my ui >.< so i re did my ui after last nights raid i should be able to tweak it a bit more in the next raid hopefully .. heres the update:

Idle (Totems):
    [img width=400]http://hdimage.org/images/rrvnuue9y0hk39rb7dok_ocrnhot050609111650.jpg[/img]

Sbf Frames:
    [img width=400]http://hdimage.org/images/1nah2pprtwjybn7wi8_ocrnhot050609111615.jpg[/img]

Raid Shot:
    [img width=400]http://hdimage.org/images/0qy7tr8hq4x9xbj0jtm_ocrnhot050709125332.jpg[/img]
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

why are some of these healer ui's having recount in there? especially since we dont need them its just a waste of screen space, unless your a raid leader but even at that all you'll want to see is raid dps who cares about healing done.
    Recount is a tool like OMEN, do you need to review it consistently? Probably not as a healer in fact most cases you could probably wait till the raid is over and look at the WWS Reports.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that not all healers are just healers a lot of players use same/similar UI for all their toons. I play a Holy/Ret Pal (Dwarf), Hunter, Rogue and Rest/Elm Shammy. All of them use essentially the SAME UI it helps keep consistency in the layout that means i got Recount and OMEN spaces on my Healers and Part/Raid frames open on my DPS. There are things i could forgo like Recount/Omen on my healers or Raid Frames but really they are nice tools to keep around if you use them properly.

So bashing on people that have them or even have them up, saying things like "If you need recount then you <fill in insult here>" just makes you look like an elitist idiot that really doesn't know what hes talking about. Lot of healer in top guild use recount to review things like who's taking damage from what in after progression attempts. To see what killed people early was it something avoidable? Did they use their Health Stone or Potion? On some fights like Hodir since we use a single tank in frost resist gear as a Holy Pally i sometimes have to Hand of Salvation the a Rogue/Warrior in that case having OMEN is handy.

If they can heal with it up then let them if it distracts them or causes them to make a mistake then they should turn it off, but its not your place to tell other people how to play. Even if you think your the bet WoW Healer ever, i assure you that your not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

@ Kepi

Nice work

LOL, I feel that you and I have the same disease. Literally as soon as I get a finished product, I see the errors and start from scratch with a different concept. Since my first post where you and I were talking, I've been through three revisions.

C&C is totally a matter of personal preference. . . . .

I like where you're going with it, I would like to see consolidated frames (player & target), a smaller GRID (for tighter mousover), and smaller buffs (no need to track them as a resto shaman anyways), Why eat more memory with Decursive? GRID has adequate tracking for the items we can dispel and our one dispell is easily set to a mouseover macro.

I'll put mine up soon. Gotta get some raid shots tonight.

PS: Drunk typing is FTL

15+ Year Old Account

so i have a weakness and its that im never happy with my ui >.< so i re did my ui after last nights raid i should be able to tweak it a bit more in the next raid hopefully .. heres the update:

Idle (Totems):
    [img width=400]http://hdimage.org/images/rrvnuue9y0hk39rb7dok_ocrnhot050609111650.jpg[/img]
    Undead Shaman in Pally gear?.. Model edit?
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Armory - <Dread>

Live Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Obsideon
    I want...

@ Kepi:

I share your pain! I already made a new UI different from the one I posted a day or two ago >_< I'm never satisfied... also; sweet model edit haha ;D

Signature by Shyama!

Alrighty, new UI post.

Combat shot, hooray. Raid frames are to the left of the blank area that says "Heroic Training Dummy," which is the threat/dps meter area. I'm not too happy with my player buff area, so I might re-download SBF and use that again shortly if I don't feel like messing with nBuff sometime this week.

I use a Nostromo n52, which is why my action bars look like that. The center block is for the pad, and the smaller one to the left is controlled with my mouse (wheel forward/back/side/ctrl+side) and has a second layer with alt commands.

Memory usage is 12.27 megs on startup, and that can be stripped down even farther if I remove non-essential addons (which I don't care to. I will never let go of my T-Bag. Ever!). Comments/criticism always welcome!

[edit] Ok, for some reason MMOChamp is eating my HDImage thumbnail link.

good eye

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati
    @ Kepi

Nice work

LOL, I feel that you and I have the same disease. Literally as soon as I get a finished product, I see the errors and start from scratch with a different concept. Since my first post where you and I were talking, I've been through three revisions.

C&C is totally a matter of personal preference. . . . .

I like where you're going with it, I would like to see consolidated frames (player & target), a smaller GRID (for tighter mousover), and smaller buffs (no need to track them as a resto shaman anyways), Why eat more memory with Decursive? GRID has adequate tracking for the items we can dispel and our one dispell is easily set to a mouseover macro.

I'll put mine up soon. Gotta get some raid shots tonight.

PS: Drunk typing is FTL
    look at the new raid shot. I went ahead and let my action bar1 and vehicle bar show but they are usually hidden unless im in a vehicle like for flame leviathan and malygos.

good eye
    What is that changing your model?
    Would be sick, cause Human Males are fugly.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DuudRoflLawl
    What is that changing your model?
    Would be sick, cause Human Males are fugly.
    No matter what it is, its against Blizzard ToS (Not saying it is detectable by Warren, or it isn't awesome, I do it myself) I don't believe it is permitted to talk on these forums about it. You can easily find guides on other sites as well.

good eye
    Lol I play a paladin, and im pretty sure shamans can't wear plate, and undead shamans in plate don't roam IF! =P
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Armory - <Dread>

Live Stream

Something is wrong with hdimage links.

Replace
    Code:
    LINK-FULL-IMAGE-ONLY?file=
    with
    Code:
    images/
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No matter what it is, its against Blizzard ToS (Not saying it is detectable by Warren, or it isn't awesome, I do it myself) I don't believe it is permitted to talk on these forums about it. You can easily find guides on other sites as well.
    Lol I play a paladin, and im pretty sure shamans can't wear plate, and undead shamans in plate don't roam IF! =P
    what he said