Thread: Post Your UI

Re: [Healers] Post your UI Part 2

TY, now to work out how to use that addon :

Re: Post Your UI

Original UI is from Flakes but I added a little to it

OOC:

In Combat:

Raid:

(Is there an option to hide the party frame when I'm in a raid?)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoxOO9
    TY, now to work out how to use that addon :
    Hehe you're going to be surprised when trying it out, if you haven't tried it before. Anyway there's a guide ın the UI tutorıal post.

Found a video guide on youtube which helped me loads with kgpanels.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap8sGfa5Sd8
    If you dont have the addon and are thinking of getting it i advise you to head to that link.

My ui is slowly but surely getting there.
    Raid:
    http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z...809_010430.jpg
    Solo:
    http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z...809_011551.jpg

Only have a solo shot at the moment.

http://i28.tinypic.com/10qh30k.jpg

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nsUI.html#info

Uploaded today, hope you like it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...nsUI.html#info

Uploaded today, hope you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    If you add pets to Grid, it will fill up double as much space and you might heal a pet before another player = player dies and pet survives. As far as I know, Warlocks and Hunters are able to heal their pet, so why don't you spend your GCD on them instead of the healers?
    I'm sorry but part of this is terrible logic. If a player dies because you healed a pet over them that's your fault for prioritizing incorrectly. That said, not showing pets is [slightly] hurting your raid. A pet dying is a dps loss for the hunter/lock which means a dps loss for the raid. With your UI you can't effectively heal the pet, even if all the players are safe and not in risk. FYI, if the tank is in risk of death and so is your worst dps you should probably heal the tank [assuming no healing assignments]. I know it's hard because you have frames for both of them, you'll just have to find a way to decide between all the pretty boxes in the middle of your screen.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Blizzard's design is that Hunters and Locks should be able to heal their own pet thru anything short of their pet doing actual tanking/offtanking. If that hunter is too busy DPS'ing to spare a single GCD to heal his pet, then I don't care enough about his pet either. 'Nuff said. And neither my 5-man or raiding UI's have slots for pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Blizzard's design is that Hunters and Locks should be able to heal their own pet thru anything short of their pet doing actual tanking/offtanking. If that hunter is too busy DPS'ing to spare a single GCD to heal his pet, then I don't care enough about his pet either. 'Nuff said. And neither my 5-man or raiding UI's have slots for pets.
    Q.F.T.

Ever the equal of my interests there Taryble, remember the rule, if the dps dies, it's their own damn fault. This applies to your pet to, and i main a mage, I'd rather stare at the roof the entire fight then take a heal from a tank/healer because i fucked up.

Be responsible for yourself, even in an unavoidable aoe like steelbreakers aura, it's not all the healers job to make sure the dps or especially their pet, lives.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Especially since Hunter and Warlock pets aren't affected by "unavoidable AoE". They ignore dragon tail attacks, Sappiron's Ice Bomb, KT's Frost Tombs, etc, etc. They have to be specifically targetted by an attack for it to affect them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Especially since Hunter and Warlock pets aren't affected by "unavoidable AoE". They ignore dragon tail attacks, Sappiron's Ice Bomb, KT's Frost Tombs, etc, etc. They have to be specifically targetted by an attack for it to affect them.
    They do get hit by sapphs tail but that's avoidable and focus target attacks doesn't always apply for every boss (ie. Heigan...XT...Razorscale[if I remember correctly])

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Correction - they get knocked back by Sapphiron's tail. They do NOT take damage from it, however.

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic, Venara. I'll stop now.

seems like kg Panels is pretty popular, alng with SharedMedia.
    I don't get how to get them working, or what to do really.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.ph...411#msg1219411

Made it for my mage, but works well for my other toons too

If that hunter is too busy DPS'ing to spare a single GCD to heal his pet, then I don't care enough about his pet either. 'Nuff said.
    Q.F.T.

Ever the equal of my interests there Taryble, remember the rule, if the dps dies, it's their own damn fault. This applies to your pet to, and i main a mage, I'd rather stare at the roof the entire fight then take a heal from a tank/healer because i fucked up.
    Let me start out by saying that none of this is gamebreaking. It mainly comes down to the core issue of *some* healers thinking they're better, and deserve much more, than dps'ers. My main is a healer [Priest] and has been for all of my endgame wow-life.

For the first quote- What if it's a dps race fight and you need your hunter doing max dps fulltime? What if he's kiting/tanking/etc? I'm not saying we are solely responsible for keeping his pet alive. I'm saying that situations arise where it would be beneficial to the raid if we healed a player's pet.

Second quote- That is a very vague rule as I'm sure you know. If a dps dies to a Rocket Strike it's their fault. If they die to lack of heals during a Napalm Shell, it's the healers fault. This is assuming he's in the area he should be and has already used his healthstone and other cd's available. Dps should be responsible for themselves but only to an extent. If they're giving up a considerabe amount of dps for a small amount of survivability/safety it's *usually* not worth it. I'd rather have to push a little harder with my heals to keep a dps'er able to nuke freely than to sit comfortably with a raid spot wasted on a mage "staring at the ceiling".

[IMG width=800]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/noobj/latestUI.jpg[/img]

In Combat Raid Shot

Out of Combat Raid Shot

Out of Combat Casting Shot

Last two Screenshots lack KGPanels and Satrina Buff bars for my procs shown on the left in the first pic. Also using the mana bar plugin for grid in the first SS.

Regalex:Imperative:Zul'jin

Just redesigned my UI today.

Solo/Idle:

Raid/Combat: