Rogue/restoshaman 2v2, need some advice

Well, im doing 2v2 with a rogue rl friend, nothing serious but anyways. Need some help with specs and maybe tacts.
    Here is the armory links you might want
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...le&n=Asphyxiae (i know my spec is a bit wierd, misclicked imp chainheal)
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...mscale&n=Penus

The shaman is my char, the rogue is my friend.
    As you can see i got the pieces i can get without rating except for the savage hands (for some reason the crafted ones feel better) and the hateful bracers. Also, i know my ap enchant on my wep is a bit strange, but i use the wep for both enh (PvE) and resto, but it will be replaced when i get my hands on some mats for 65 sp (Time to start DEing my enh gear i guess). Some help with my gems would be really nice, because i just gem whatever i feel i might need (like "omg i ran oom that match, i better get an mp5 gem)
    The rogue is crappy geared and he is not the PvE kind of guy so no cool PvE epics for him.

Now, i dont need "get a new partner" and "l2p", i already know our rating suxxxorz and that the rogue is crappy geared. Instead some "making the best out of what you have" comments would be nice.

Normal tacts are: Sap X, start dpsing Y, hex X, continue dps Y (if Y is doing low dmg i help with some shocks and LBs). If X trinkets the tacts change to me surviving the initial burst with some help from gouge and blind, after that its an outlast match.

Our biggest problems atm are hunters, mages popping CDs and double dps teams.

Edit: Is there a good idea to get some BoE epics for the rogue or will that kill his survivability? And what about getting PvE epics for me? Will it kill my survivability to get some additional sp?
    Also, remember we get a patch soon. Some things will change a bit when it launches

Re: Rogue/restoshaman 2v2, need some advice

Not sure about shamans but i would say have the rogue lose the deadened nerves with a healing team he doesnt need it and pick up Focused attacks to 2 or 3 by putting 2 in Find weakness. This should help him with energy a bunch so he can do more damage and abilities. ;D
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

I almost never run oom, but that is thanks to mana tide, often our opponents and i run oom about the same times when we face a healing combo, but then i can pop mana tide and heal for another minute or so while the rogue does his thing with the opponents.

Atm im thinking about forcing my rogue to farm some money to get BoE gear to up his dps, since mostly after a fight (lost or won) i have about 3x the healing of the opposing team (300k vs 100k or something like that), problem with this idea is that the rogue already gets his ass kicked if i get ccd and cant heal for a second or so.

Ill talk to my rogue about deadened nerves. ty.

I would have your rogue also move the 3 points from Initiative to Serrated Blades. ( in the Sub side of his tree )

This would give him more armor pen for the loss of 1 combo point when using an opener. ;D
    Game Mechanics Enthusiast. :P

Why would a rogue get focused attacks in PvP when their damage is about quick burst with yellow attacks, not sustained damage with posion/white attacks in PVE. The energy gained would barely amount to anything especially with resilience reducing crit. If anything he needs to lose the 3 points in vile poisons because it no longer affects wound/crippling poison being dispelled. They'd be better spent in getting 3/3 ruthlessness.

Your gear is holding you back more then anything, full savage on a rogue? Unless his character is like a week old there's no reason he shouldn't be in full nax10/25 epics. Even with you being gimp in savage/hateful a good rogue in PVE gear should be able to carry you to at least 1800 rating. Help dps targets with the rogue using lava burst and lightning bolt or whatever, don't be afraid to nature swift a nuke to finish people off. Shamans are just as offensive as priests and should be played that way IMO, sitting back and just healing will not win games, especially when blizz gave shamans so many nice tools like purge/shock/hex. But if anything I'd say it's your rogues craptastic gear that's holding you down

Well, many comments on the rogue.

Any suggestions on my (shaman) spec and my gems? Where can i improve?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...3&version=9767

Something like that, I ran shaman/rogue as the shaman up to 2100. This'll prolly be my spec on live when 3.1 hits

For you since you're wearing lots of savage gear gem defensively if you're getting gibbed spell/resil in yellow/red and resi/stam in blue/yellow you're shooting for around 800-900 resil.

I'd use a different trinket because you want around 4% spell hit, so your shock and hexs don't miss the target. You kinda wanted to buy "ascendency offset" (neck/ring/cloak) but since you didn't you could use the JC trinket and jam JC resil gems in there for the extra +hit and spell power also you could use the wintersgrasp trinket "flow of knowledge"

Also as a shaman you need to be helping your rogue as much as possible communicating about kicks/shocks when someone gets low against healer/dps have him blind the other and start casting hex most people will instantly trinket the blind right into a hex.

also imp ghost wolf is kinda important.
    Rogue|Lock|Shaman|Hunter

My thought for 3.1 spec is
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...1&version=9767
    For max survivability, max effect from ancestral awakening and max mana efficiency (i know i skipped 3% lower cost on heals, but that was to gain toughness)
    Any thoughts?
    Btw, so im going for the elemental/resto mix offset for hit and then do a 2 parts ele/3parts resto set for resi?
    Think this would be neat.
    Also, the rogue is gearing atm. ill report back in a week and hopefully we are at 1500 or so

Thought id bump this thread now that me and the rogue has upgraded our gear a bit.

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...le&n=Asphyxiae
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...mscale&n=Penus

So, do we stand a chance in 3.1, is the rogue geared for say 1600-1700 rating? Or well, 1500? Enough to not have to hide while in orgrimmar due to low rating?

Feedback would be appreciated.

Oh, and btw, what about the Sapphire Owl trinket? Is it worth keeping instead of getting a WG trinket? It feels kinda great to have a trinket that i can customize that also gives me a manapool increase of about 2800 (2400+42 intellect)

I'd drop the 4 points in toughness imo, they nerfed it way back when and it's barely worth the points now.

I'd also drop the 5 points in imp healing wave, and switch them to the totem mana cost reduc, it's more mana eff than cure spirit and you can cleanse diseases/poisons out of LoS

plus you rarely healing wave in arena unless you're setting up a heal drink, and if you are dropping healing waves tidal waves lowers the cast time to a manageable cast time anyway.

The dagger upgrade your rogue got was a huge one, have him get a serious enchant on it (Berserking) because there are not many upgrades aside from ulduar. Also have him replace the 50 ap enchant on his titansteel with a weapon chain.

Have him replace his current trinket with the one from Wintersgrasp JC trinkets are pretty lackluster atm even yours. I'd suggest any trinket from naxx or WG, you want to max your survivability since you are running a healer/dps comp.

Have your rogue pvp hit cap himself when he can 5% around 150ish hit rating, getting the deadly offset (victory) pieces along with the weapon chain and ice walker should cap him.

Have him drop ruthelessness from his spec and pick up vile poisons, and move 2 points from murder and 1 point from find weakness into imp kidneyshot, that way you guys can line up burst. aka: (I've pooled full energy and have a 5pt KS waiting, hex the healer and line up a flameshock lava burst!)

This is of course just my opinion and insight, take it how you will.
    Rogue|Lock|Shaman|Hunter