Thread: Balance spec?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Balance spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefsteaklol

Why would you go for natures focus? it's crap, go 5/5 Furor
    I'm not going to be raiding as balance, just dailies and maybe WG if I'm bored of healing, so having 70% pushback on wrath/roots/cyclone is gonna be more useful than 6% more intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    I really hope that is not a raid spec.

You dont have Intensity OR Dreamstate. Enjoy going out of mana on most boss fights within the first 2 minutes.

You have Gale Winds. Largely useless in almost all boss encounters.
    With replenishment in the raid and high enough chance to crit you will get enough free spells and mana from paladins/spriests So no need for them.
    For balance you´ll need less manaregen from talents the more you improve your gear thus being able to spend your points on talents what will increase your dps. Personly I don´t know any Moonkindruid with 4/5-t7 that have either dreamstote or intensity.

If it´s mostly for dailies and maybe a dungeon now and then I´d probably take both. Less downtime and you don´t have to rely on others for replenishments.

From the talentspec you said you were going with.
    IFF is quite useless if you only need it for soloing.
    Eclipse doesn´t do much either, you´ll almost always open with starfire on a new mob anyway so lots of wasted wrath procs.

I find Starfall awsome for soloing.
    Against large packs of non elites a starfall, pop barkskin and then hurricane is usually enough to kill a huge amount of mobs.
    Especisally handy on things like the quest in SB where you need to kill 30 oracles. Just pop starfall and watch mobs die all around you, same thing if you boost a friend or something in a lowlevel dungeon.

Owlkin Frenzy should also be ok even if I don´t like that talent, same thing with Typhon, useless talent but it´s nice to finish off mobs, especsially if you have a group of them hiting you. Both of them are more useful in pvp but they work for grinding on your own aswell.

For pure soloing I´d go with somthing like
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...3&version=9767
    Yes I know it look awful but you will never use FF, same goes for IS, Don´t Glyph for moonfire, you want it to be able to finish off mobs, not do dot. This also make Glyphing for starfire pointless aswell.
    Everyone who play a druid knows that you always forget to rebuff thorns so makeing it last longer is good, it´s not alot of dmg but it´s something. I would even have liked to get 3/3 Brambles if I could. If your manaregen is good consider removeing dreamstate for it. Over all an awful build and def nothing I would bring to a raid but then all cookiecutter build include lots of talents that won´t help you at all when going solo.

Haven't read alot of this thread, but when it comes to Moonkin specs it's quite easy for me atleast.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...&version=9767#

When it comes to Imp FF or Imp IS it's all a matter of what you prefer, but for me i like the +3% crit i get from IFF and i like to keep my IS to a -3% hit for mobs.
    It should also be noted that i only use IS when i have to move.

About Intensity vs Dreamstate, this will all depend on how much Int you got compared to how mp5 not casting will be in 3.1, but up until now Intensity has really been the winner of these two talents.

-Kim