Hybrid 0/40/31 ... stats?

hey... i've been reading a while to see what spec i'll use for tomorrow... i think i decided 0/40/31, i just liked it,
    but i don't know if my stats are good for it. I currently play affliction, don't have a high crit, which i think i may need it for this spec.. i've geared much more haste than crit for now, so... i dont know if changing to this hybrid is my best option with my current stats, could someone help me with this? maybe tell me which stats would be decent to start using this spec with a powerful dps....

hope someone can help me... thx

Re: Hybrid 0/40/31 ... stats?

Realistically, your stats are probably 'good enough', unless you aggressively focused on a single stat.

From http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...ost_3_1_specs/
    we get patch 3.1 scaling factors for 0/40/31, in T8 gear:
    intellect=0.32 spirit=0.90 spell_power=1.32 crit_rating=0.76 haste_rating=1.03
    Now, you are not in T8 gear, but in that case you'll have to dig up your own numbers. In general, the stats are probably not -terribly- different.

Patch 3.09 scaling factors for 55/0/16, in T7:
    intellect=0.31 spirit=0.60 spell_power=1.74 crit_rating=0.70 haste_rating=0.91

So assuming you've been gearing with that in mind, very little has changed.
    I assume you're hit capping, since it's the norm. You'll still need that (though you'll lose the 3% from Suppression, so make sure to pick it up)
    Otherwise, what's changed? You'll still gem for SP as often as you can. You can use blue SP-Spi gems to match sets if you haven't switched to JC already.
    You still will value haste over crit a heavy amount.

That's about it.

I recommend you spec what you like tomorrow and hit the training dummy. You should be able to find one with 1 hp, and I believe you can use that to test Decimation. Decimation rotations vary based on your distance to the boss, so you'll want to play around with how it feels at 5/15/25/etc yards.

Good luck!

PS. Values may be different on Live, we'll have to see once the patch is up. The last PTR build was back on the third, I believe, so something may have changed. Not likely, but maybe.

thanks for your reply... i think i'll have enough stats to use this hybrid... i currently have 650 haste, hit capped of course, however... missing the 3% of supression, how much hit am i supposed to have to be capped?

my crit currently is very loww.. however with the new spec i believe my crit will be buffed, so i think i'll make it..

Quote Originally Posted by Mekha
    thanks for your reply... i think i'll have enough stats to use this hybrid... i currently have 650 haste, hit capped of course, however... missing the 3% of supression, how much hit am i supposed to have to be capped?

my crit currently is very loww.. however with the new spec i believe my crit will be buffed, so i think i'll make it..
    Dont worry about the 3% hit. You will do more damage most of time with the stats else where.

Quote Originally Posted by zuxia
    Dont worry about the 3% hit. You will do more damage most of time with the stats else where.
    haha. um?
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

This is false, Hit is always superior to any other stat till its capped.

Hits not important??? OH how VERY wrong you are....

U lose more DPS when u miss than if u have a small amount more dmg from a buffed talent.
    Think of it this way, the talent gives ur spell cast a buff of dmg. A miss means u lose that entire spell.

numbers below are just random and for example:

missed incinerate = ZERO DMG
    non buffed talent = 3200 non crit Incinerate/6500 crit incinerate
    buffed talent = 3400 non crit Incinerate/7000 crit incinerate

now which do u prefer??? thought so

i got enough gear that the spec below should work fine for me.. Keep in mind i'd rather have spell power over 20% crit of the imp. if u got alot of crit, and want more spell power, take 1point from Demonic Tactics and put in Demonic Knowledge. For those wondering why I didnt put points in decimation, its easy, most bosses arent at 35% and less for a long time and i felt i could use those points elsewhere and my dps would stay equal throughout the fight instead of 65% at start of fight a tad lower and last 35% dps jumps. However i will Be playing with it during the actual fights once i get Ulduar gear and I may change my mind about Decimation.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0&version=9767

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther
    This is false, Hit is always superior to any other stat till its capped.
    You are incorrect. Most of the time you will do more damage with non-afflic specs..due to random generation and playing the odds...see elitiestjerks.com

Quote Originally Posted by thagr8one55
    haha. um?
    See above...it is playing odds. Missing 3% hit versus have more sp/crit/haste actually increases damage/dps due to random generation and probabilities.

Although I believe in hitting the cap lets look at the example provided:

Quote Originally Posted by Holymight
    missed incinerate = ZERO DMG
    non buffed talent = 3200 non crit Incinerate/6500 crit incinerate
    buffed talent = 3400 non crit Incinerate/7000 crit incinerate
    Assuming the number you are showing are in exchange for the 3% hit vs. being hit capped.
    97 hits at 3400 dmg and 3 misses at 0 dmg = 329,800
    100 hits at 3200 dmg and 0 misses = 320,000.

Actually the buffed damage is better. The element that is missing from this example that really pushes hit rating are the potential missed opportunities. Example, procs, MC, that kind of stuff.

Just a little something to chew on. I guess it's a matter of finding the perfect balance.

I cant believe someone actually crunch numbers on my post. I just thru out numbers to prove a point that missing is worst. missing the 2-3% hit is gunna be way more than 3 misses outta 100. u'll prolly miss 2 times outta 20 spells.

i'd agree if ur hit is as close to hit cap as ur numbers point out that u are right its better to skip the hit and go with the talent buff. but i just thru numbers out there. but missing 2-3% hit ur gunna miss way more than 3 outta 100 times, prolly miss more than 3 outta 100 with 1% below cap.

heres a more likely scenerio if ur missing 2-3% hit

18 hits at 3400 dmg and 2 misses at 0 dmg = 61,200
    20 hits at 3200 dmg and 0 misses = 64,000

i didnt add the element of other spells or procs into the formula cuz i was just showing how bad missing 2-3% hit is for 1 single spell. Now add that simple thought u'll miss with other spells and procs also. if u can think and do any simple math in ur head, u'll come up with all that missing = "BAD NEWS"

3% of 100 is 3 bro.....

2 is 10% of 20.

just a little FYI

holy flying fuck stains some people are dumber than a shit. scratch that, most people are

its 2-3% off hit cap Moron, not 2-3% off 100... i cant even believe ur dumb enough to reply saying that and no one else hasnt said anything back to u about it.

when u dont know anything about the game, best thing is to shut up and watch. maybe u'll learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymight
    holy flying fuck stains some people are dumber than a shit. scratch that, most people are

its 2-3% off hit cap Moron, not 2-3% off 100... i cant even believe ur dumb enough to reply saying that and no one else hasnt said anything back to u about it.

when u dont know anything about the game, best thing is to shut up and watch. maybe u'll learn something.
    In defense of others...why don't you shut up..since you do not know how probabilties actually work.

Base chance to hit a mob 3 lvls higher then you (bosses included) = 83%. 83% +17% to hit from talents and gear = 100%, so yes you can take the 1% from hit cap, and effectively subtract it from 100%. I would suggest learning some basic math before trying to post numbers online.

So you'd rather have 2% hit over 4% crit? Where's the logic in that? I'd understand if +hit was twice as hard to get than +crit, but it isn't.

It's more efficient to get 2% worth of hit than 4% worth of crit with gear.
    FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yellow Gems can give you either Hit or Crit. This means that Orange gems can give you either Hit/Spellpower or Crit/Spellpower.

~26 hit rating = 1% spell hit, while ~45 crit rating = 1% crit.

Gem or enchant for the hit, talent for the crit. You'll need ~52 hit rating to make up for the 2 talent points, or ~180 crit rating with those same 2 points in that hybrid spec, assuming you're going to max out Demonic Talents with those 2 points.
    100 Rage Execute Spam. Enough Said.
    BRING THOSE DAYS BACK!